The Rapture..

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
User avatar
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 239
Joined: August 2013
Location: Gulf Of Oman, either that or Karkand

Re: The Rapture..

Post

I think that the tribulation will happen, I mean read through Revalation, Daniel , Habakuk, Isiah, it is quite clear there will be one.
Jesus said that when we see the signs (that he mentioned) we should run to the mountains, and that is when it will start, now, i dont know about you, but if it is going on, i would be in real big trouble, because I am not in the mountains, and I don't Jesus lies.
I think the movies Left Behind are very in-accurate according to scriptures, and BTW (By the way, that means "by the way") they made Jerusalem look so bad (very wrong according to reality) and the sign by the western wall in the 2nd movie doesn't make any sense, it is random letters (in hebrew).

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
User avatar
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip
Posts: 2065
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The Rapture..

Post

I talked to my mom about the rapture and here she said some things and I thought about them that helped the Rapture "click" for me!

Jesus' second coming will be the rapture when He comes and takes the saints away.

The the tribulation will happen and during it when the big battle happens with the blood up to the horses bridle happens Jesus appears there. It's all through the end times.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
User avatar
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 239
Joined: August 2013
Location: Gulf Of Oman, either that or Karkand

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Its great you talked to your mom about it!
But if you haven't read and studied it yourself already, you should!
My favorite parts of the Bible are the prophecies about the future, they are just so interesting!
And if you are implying that the "Saints" or believers won't go through the tribulation, could be, it defiantly seems that way, but none of us know exactly.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

It says very plainly in the Bible that there will be a rapture.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Okie
Caramel Crunch
Posts: 150
Joined: August 2014
Location: On a trail in the woods with my dog.

Re: The Rapture..

Post

The movie Left Behind leaves out the part about 'every eye will see Him' - That means non-Christians too.
Image
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Where in the Bible does it plainly say there will be a rapture? And why if it's so plain was it not talked or written about until the 19th century?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Blitz
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3787
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Every eye will see him is for the final coming if you are a Dispensationalist.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Eleventh Doctor,
Thessalonians 4:17 is very plain about the rapture.
Oh, and it was written way before the 19th century. Way before. Paul wrote it.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

I don't think that's plain, are there any writings after the New Testament and before the 19th century that support your interpretation?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I don't think that's plain, are there any writings after the New Testament and before the 19th century that support your interpretation?
Umm....do you not believe the Bible for what it says? Why would we want writings after the New Testament when we have GODS WORD??
Also, it is extremely plain. (1 Thessalonians 4:17). After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
I don't need other writings to prove this. I believe in Gods word.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Are you talking about a secret rapture or the second coming?
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Wodfamchocsod wrote:Umm....do you not believe the Bible for what it says? Why would we want writings after the New Testament when we have GODS WORD??
Also, it is extremely plain. (1 Thessalonians 4:17). After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
I don't need other writings to prove this. I believe in Gods word.
I do believe what the Bible says, I just disagree with your interpretation. If it really was as plain as you claim then others would have written agreeing with your interpretation. Providing sources other than yourself is pretty standard in discussions. Otherwise the discussion doesn't go anywhere because I could just say "I don't need other writings to prove the rapture won't happen. I believe in God's word." There we go, just as credible and convincing as your argument.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote:Umm....do you not believe the Bible for what it says? Why would we want writings after the New Testament when we have GODS WORD??
Also, it is extremely plain. (1 Thessalonians 4:17). After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
I don't need other writings to prove this. I believe in Gods word.
I do believe what the Bible says, I just disagree with your interpretation. If it really was as plain as you claim then others would have written agreeing with your interpretation. Providing sources other than yourself is pretty standard in discussions. Otherwise the discussion doesn't go anywhere because I could just say "I don't need other writings to prove the rapture won't happen. I believe in God's word." There we go, just as credible and convincing as your argument.
Ok, Eleventh Doctor. Read left Behind. Read Revelation Unveiled. Go to a Baptist church. Read Unraveling the Rapture. Hey! Why don't you read the Bible???
It is extremely plain.
And, if you don't believe me, I guess you'll be mighty surprised when we meet our Lord in the air! Maybe I'll be right next to you! :)

-- Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:48 pm --
Mr. Whit's End wrote:Are you talking about a secret rapture or the second coming?
Define Secret Rapture.
And, yes, I'm talking about the second coming, it's the same as the rapture.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Why would I read pulp fiction like Left Behind? I have been to a Baptist church, I've been to many churches. I've read many books about the end times. But all of those things you mentioned are recent books, I'm wondering why other Christians didn't see the "extremely plain" meaning of the Bible and say what you're saying. There are so many commentaries on the Bible throughout history but it wasn't until the 19th century that we learn about the Rapture, why is that?

I have read the Bible, I think it is extremely plain that the Rapture will not happen. If you aren't interested in having an actual discussion I guess we'll just keep going around in circles.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Why would I read pulp fiction like Left Behind? I have been to a Baptist church, I've been to many churches. I've read many books about the end times. But all of those things you mentioned are recent books, I'm wondering why other Christians didn't see the "extremely plain" meaning of the Bible and say what you're saying. There are so many commentaries on the Bible throughout history but it wasn't until the 19th century that we learn about the Rapture, why is that?

I have read the Bible, I think it is extremely plain that the Rapture will not happen. If you aren't interested in having an actual discussion I guess we'll just keep going around in circles.
Umm..excuse me for saying so, but you obviously were not born before the 19th century.
Excuse me? Pulp fiction? Left behind?
May I just say I don't base my faith on books written by people that are before the 19th century. The rapture view really became more popular amount Christians around the 18th century. While many people did not believe in the rapture back then, that is not what I base my faith around. That is so weak.
Why do you think that the rapture will not happen? What is your interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:17?
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

What does my date of birth have to do with this?

We can discuss the literary merits of Left Behind at another time.

What are some examples of writings from the 18th century that talk about the Rapture?

I'm not saying we should base our faith around whatever was written back in the day, I'm just saying if something in the Bible is so clear it only makes sense Christians would have written about it back in the day.

My interpretation is that it's assuring those who will die before the second coming that they will be resurrected. Nothing more.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Before that verse, it says the dead in Christ will rise first! And THEN it says those who are still here will be caught to meet our Lord in the air!! Pretty clear to me. Read 1 Thessalonians 4.
There probably aren't many writings that I know of back in the 18th century. You can look them up if you want. Go ahead. For me, I trust Gods word.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

My definition of secret rapture (as I understand it) is one rapture where the elect are taken to heaven, and then tribulation, and then the Second Coming.

It makes no sense to me at all.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 290
Joined: January 2014

Re: The Rapture..

Post

Mr. Whit's End wrote:My definition of secret rapture (as I understand it) is one rapture where the elect are taken to heaven, and then tribulation, and then the Second Coming.

It makes no sense to me at all.
Yes!!!! You believe in the tribulation. Congrats!!
What do you mean by elect?

Eleventh Do for, I think I'll trust the Bible more than what some sinful man wrote.
Good gracious, they hardly had printers in the 1800s!!
Again, as I stated before, what do you think of 1 Thessalonians 4:16 AND 17?
Last edited by Wodfamchocsod on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Girls just wanna have fun!
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Rapture..

Post

There's nothing wrong with trusting God's word but I'm just saying, isn't it unusual this belief wasn't written about for over 1,700 years of Christianity?

I don't want to look them up, you're the one putting forth the position that the Rapture was written about in the 18th century. It's on you to prove that point.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Post Reply