Wooton’s Whirled History

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wooton’s Whirled History

Hey everybody. What are your thoughts on the Wooton's Whirled History volumes?

Check them out here: http://aio-blog.blogspot.com/2013/12/wo ... story.html

Album art:
Image Image
____Volume 1: A Blend of Bravery_________________Volume 2: A Mix of Melody Makers
~~~

My thoughts are that I don't really care about another episode collection. I guess hearing the some new intros to the episodes presented by Wooton would be really cool to hear.... if you're a major fan! But I'm not that big enough of a Wooton fan. :/ So to me, this seems like a waste of time. They already have the history collection, "For God and Country"! And yes, I understand this is an American history collection, it's a history collection nonetheless.

And what's with the album art? I mean, really? It's the same picture of Wooton, just one is mirrored and has one extra licorice stick... That's just sad. The green and yellow backgrounds are just sad. It has some pictures from Gary Locke I've never seen before. But the album art has a very generic look to it. I hope that's not the final album art, because it's disappointing. :/

I'd just much rather AIO work on album 58 and forget about these history collections.

What do you think of these collections?
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Eh. I haven't heard 'em, but they don't sound very exiting...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wow..that art...is really boring. :P

I probably won't get them..but they might make good gifts for family. :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mara
Pistachio

I agree with you, Ben. I already own the history episodes and would rather spend my money on something else.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

The art IS super boring. *nods* It's just... the same art as the other one, flipped, except... holding TWO licorice pieces! Ooh! YAAAAAY!
*Sarcasm alert-- BEEP BEEP BEEP*
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I don't much care for these kinds of albums. I would be more likely get all the real albums, then to just mix it up with random, out of order episodes. ;) Though, if you aren't a big fan and don't have the inclination to get EVERY single volume, then they're great.

But I do agree, I would rather them just work on album #58. :o
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I agree with just about everything said so far. The album covers look quite bland, and I really don't see a strong reason to have Wooton history albums in the first place. I suppose that Wooton is such a popular character that some people may be interested in having those introductions by Wooton.
shnoodlec wrote:The art IS super boring. *nods* It's just... the same art as the other one, flipped, except... holding TWO licorice pieces! Ooh! YAAAAAY!
:lol:
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

BOOM. I just got quoted. *happy dance*
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

This seems REALLY redundant considering they already made a history album...
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hypothesizing Time!

This is Focus trying to bring in a new generation of fans. As we've already heard through various rumors, they seem to be hurting decently in the financial realm. That is one of the main speculative reasons of the OAC: to bring in more money to help stabilize the whole ministry. If you look at it from their perspective, it does make some amount of sense. If you were a person or family walking through a Family Christian Bookstore or something along those lines, you'd be more open to buying a $5 sample album than a $15-$20 normal album of something you've never heard of before. If you like what's in the samples, that will gradually bring them in to the Odyssey fold. This can work, and probably has in many cases, but pause a moment. AIO has already released the "Life Lessons" samplers, (which have I good number of titles, as I comprehend it) the Discovering Odyssey sampler, and the new Bothersome Bullies package. I'm not against new samplers, but instead of putting all your energy into attracting new listeners, you should keep working on the tried and true. Thousands of us fans are waiting for new albums and episodes to come out, in which we would gladly pump thousands of dollars into FOTF and AIO. Sadly, we don't make the decisions.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

I think that whoever applied the horizontal mirroring to the first picture (and added licorice) didn't notice the globe, I noticed it and my little OCD person inside of my is freaking out!The map is backwards! Sound super fun though! anything with ONLY Wooton HAS to be funny!

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I personally am not all that thrilled about this... I suppose if it can reach some people, that's fine... But I don't think it's all that original or exciting. I think they could have chosen a different collection of episodes instead of history. They already have a history collection!

I agree with y'all about the art too... Not terribly motivating. The way that they just mirrored his pic only makes me think it looks generic.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

NateVONgreat wrote:I think that whoever applied the horizontal mirroring to the first picture (and added licorice) didn't notice the globe, I noticed it and my little OCD person inside of my is freaking out!The map is backwards!
Oh my goodness! You're right, and now it's going to bug me forever.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

*facepalm* Me too. Oi vey.
Wakko
Pistachio

shnoodlec wrote:The art IS super boring. *nods* It's just... the same art as the other one, flipped, except... holding TWO licorice pieces! Ooh! YAAAAAY!
Not only is it mirrored but it's also zoomed in on the second one!!! Mind blown!!
*Major sarcasm alert BEEP BEEP BEEP*
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I just don't buy collection at all.....unless they look awesome. These do not look awesome.
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

to all the people who are making a big deal about Wooton's Whirled History: I agree i would like album 58 to come out, but really, is it that big a deal that they come out with a sampler? If people want specific theme episodes( like the Life Lesson samplers, but in this case history) they will get it. FOTF is just trying to come out with new ideas.
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light