Pick Your Own Questions

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
kait
Cookies & Creme

MF wrote:So why has Twitter been ranting about the Xfiles lately?
BECAUSE OF THE REVIVAL. :mad:

I'm using this as an excuse to declare my undying love and adoration for Dana Scully, one of the greatest TV characters of all time. I had never watched X-Files until they put it on Netflix a few months ago and now I can't stop watching it because it's a great show and I'm super excited for the reboot that began yesterday but I can't watch it yet because I haven't yet completed watching all the old seasons of the show yet. :mad:

But I love X-Files. Officially.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:Do you ever wonder why God doesn't send down updated versions of the Bible that don't need people to go through college and learn Greek to decipher its TRUE meaning?
Did you ever consider that the translations were in the time and context for the 1st century Christians to understand, and that refusing to update it for the language of the people was people's faults and not God?
Dom wrote:Did you ever wonder why the Bible is so complicated it takes pastors breaking it down sentence by sentence to make it "relatable" to the masses?
Did you ever consider that it was the people who gave the impression of it being unnecessarily hard to understand and not God? Because they wanted to control what the people believe?
Dom wrote:Did you ever wonder why miracles don't happen like they supposedly used to, in Bible times?
Suppose they are happening and you just don't know it, or you wouldn't believe if they did?
Dom wrote:Did you ever wonder why the Old Testament is there at all, if the New Testament is the only one we're supposed to model ourselves after and all the rules and regulations of the old are utterly pointless and to be ignored?
Did you ever realize that the Old Testament is there to show us a bigger picture of God and who He is, and also to show us how the prophesy's pointing towards Jesus came to pass?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Dom wrote:Do you have cheap or expensive taste?
Expensive. I like to have high-end stuff, because for the most part, its expense is directly correlated to its quality. For example, I'd love to have a well-tailored business suit; it would be expensive, but it would look good and it would fit me. More expensive fruits and vegetables are usually the ones that are locally grown and the ones that taste the best and are the best for you. High-end oil paints and Copic markers cost a lot for what they are (Copics range from between $5-$10 each, depending on where you go), but they're also the best materials for the medium. That doesn't mean that I can't appreciate cheap stuff; most of my clothes are relatively inexpensive, if nice-looking, because they're trendy and they're not supposed to last a long time, and I'm also a pretty big fan of fast food, although I like Chick-fil-A and Zaxby's the best and they're pretty expensive compared to other places. But on the whole I do like to have quality belongings and materials—not because they're expensive, but because I know that they're going to last a long time and give me good results for what I paid for them.
Dom wrote:Do you ever wonder why God doesn't send down updated versions of the Bible that don't need people to go through college and learn Greek to decipher its TRUE meaning?
Except He kind of does. :P That's why we have translations like the NIV and the Message, which simplify the language and explain what the Bible was actually talking about. That's also why we have study Bibles, which are filled with footnotes that explain the cultural and historical context in layman's terms. More recently, we also have the Internet, so anyone can just go into Google and type in a passage and they can go to a website full of different commentaries about it. It's understandable that this would be a problem up until relatively recently, especially in circumstances such as those of the Medieval church, which (if memory serves) used the fact that most of the people could not read and were not educated to tell them that the Bible said whatever the priests wanted it to say. But that's not a problem at this point in time. It's not impossible for a theological layperson to get the information they need; if they choose not to do their research, I'm inclined to think that it's their problem, and if they weren't raised to ask the kind of questions that research requires, that's the problem of the people who brought them up. Either way, God did not force human error.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:Do you kill spiders or let them live?
I actually don't mind spiders that much, so I let them live if possible. They decrease the amount of annoying insects, and jumping spiders are actually kind of cute. :anxious:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:
I actually don't mind spiders that much, so I let them live if possible. They decrease the amount of annoying insects, and jumping spiders are actually kind of cute. :anxious:
We're gonna need some marital counseling
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Bethany Shepard wrote:What's the most impressive thing you can do?
The cups song while singing and splits. :mrgreen:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's your favorite Disney song?
Proud of Your Boy from Broadways Aladdin. :mrgreen:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:
/me burst out laughing and choked on her vitamin after reading this.

*finally breathes*

Wow, that was great.
Bethany Shepard wrote:What's the most impressive thing you can do?
I can remember, quite accurately, conversations I've had with people, word-for-word, where it was, and what they were wearing.

Unfortunately, I can't control what conversations I remember, and which I don't.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Belle wrote: /me burst out laughing and choked on her vitamin after reading this.

*finally breathes*

Wow, that was great.
:lol: I was alerted to this after I got a hangout message from Ox that said: "TIGER ADMITTED TO BEING MARRIED TO TS. *runs around* :mad: " and another one that said this: "in ask your own questions (which now has a Helios name o.0)"

*hides faraway from Ox*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

snubs
Cookies & Creme

kait wrote:I'm also very admiring of and attracted to smart people.
I guess that rules me out..

*laughs* xD
sing wrote:Have you ever passed out?
Surprisingly, no. But have come close a couple times.
Miss Friendship wrote:If you had a pet cow, what would you name it?
Mildred.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you use headphones?
Rarely. =o
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you want to try riding a camel sometime?
I've already ridden a camel before. >=]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who's your favorite Disney Princess?

Who's your favorite Disney Prince?

Who's your favorite Disney Villain?

What's your favorite Disney movie?

What's your favorite Disney song?

What's your favorite Disney romance song?

What's your favorite Disney villain song?

And since you like questions so much, you can also list your least favorites of all of those ^^^, and why you chose them. Or, you don't have too. :mrgreen:
Quick shout out to Rapunzel because she's beyond charming and she forces you to like her. However, team Cinderella forever. She's beautiful and remains strong despite the terrible circumstances she cannot escape. After she has her night at the ball, rather than only being sad it's over, she lives in that moment, she let's it linger in her heart as she says, "Thank you. Thank you so much. For everything." She's also more emotional than people give her credit for. She's not unrelentingly happy. If you look at the animation, you can see she's telling herself, "Just get through it, just get through it."

Prince: Prince Charming from Cinderella, actually. Yep, not Christoph or Philip. I just like how hard he falls for Cinderella. This guy is beyond a romantic. He sees this stranger but he has such faith in destiny that he goes right for the woman he's meant for. Then they dance and he's so swept away by her, everything about her. Their eyes are so blissfully locked on each other. They're just so happy and so completed by each other. When she leaves, though he's been reserved and refined, he shouts after her, he runs, he can't live without her. He's willing to invest his whole self in her because he knows she's the one to marry and he is hers forever. Its too late to go back, he's given himself to her completely.

He's kind of snubbed Disney Prince and yeah, he's a bit blank. We know nothing about his interests or life. But what we do see of him just makes me admire and respect that guy a lot. He's an ideal, a dreamer. He just makes the story so romantic and perfect.

Villain: Captain Hook. So foppish and comical, still so threatening. Disney actually let him shoot a guy, and he does it as elegantly as he tucks the decorative lace for his hook into his cuff.

Movie: Ugh. Pinochio, no, Tangled, no Big Hero Six, no, Snow White, no, Mary Poppins, no, Frozen, no...

Song: Feed the Birds. Also, Cruella De Vill and Zippidee Doo Dah. I aslo, ah... reallly like the Songs from Cinderella 3.

Romance Song: At Last I See the Light

Villain Song: Be Prepared.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Pound Foolish wrote:Quick shout out to Rapunzel because she's beyond charming and she forces you to like her. However, team Cinderella forever. She's beautiful and remains strong despite the terrible circumstances she cannot escape. After she has her night at the ball, rather than only being sad it's over, she lives in that moment, she let's it linger in her heart as she says, "Thank you. Thank you so much. For everything." She's also more emotional than people give her credit for. She's not unrelentingly happy. If you look at the animation, you can see she's telling herself, "Just get through it, just get through it."

Prince: Prince Charming from Cinderella, actually. Yep, not Christoph or Philip. I just like how hard he falls for Cinderella. This guy is beyond a romantic. He sees this stranger but he has such faith in destiny that he goes right for the woman he's meant for. Then they dance and he's so swept away by her, everything about her. Their eyes are so blissfully locked on each other. They're just so happy and so completed by each other. When she leaves, though he's been reserved and refined, he shouts after her, he runs, he can't live without her. He's willing to invest his whole self in her because he knows she's the one to marry and he is hers forever. Its too late to go back, he's given himself to her completely.
^^This. You can't beat Cinderalla.