The Dom

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:If God exists, and created the world, and gave us free will, and KNEW what we would do with it (that last one is the important part)... Then He literally sat down and thought, "Okay, if I give My creation free will, X number of people will be murdered, X number will be raped, X number will be molested as children...hmmmmmmm, should I re-think this free will thing? Seems like a lot of horrific suffering, just to have the pleasure of knowing My creation chose Me of their own free will...NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...it's worth it. "
To start with, I think that's a twisted view of God. He wanted His creation to be higher than the animals and have a love for Him that was not robotic, and perhaps for various other reasons we don't know. He literally gave Adam and Eve a choice. They chose evil. And here we are today. God allowing evil is not the same as causing it.

But obviously you insist on believing something else. So, here is what you have to consider. IF GOD DOES EXIST, He is not going to be the God you thought. Maybe you would hate Him. No maybe about it. You would. OK. But, if He does exist, He makes the rules. Why? Because He is God. He is Eternal. And we may hate the very way He is, but that isn't going to change anything. He is still all powerful and He runs the universe. If we don't like the way He is, fine. He is a God who honors choices, and if we reject Him and His laws, He does not force Himself upon us and we can continue to do whatever we want. However He has set up consequences for that. You may call these consequences heartless and cruel, but we really can't do anything about it, because He's God. He does what He pleases. So if He does exist, we have two choices. Hate Him or Love Him. And no matter how unfair we think He might be, that will never change the fact that He is there.... if He is.
Dom wrote:Nope. God created Satan. God is in control. God created an evil being. And God created man, who He allowed the choice to be evil. It all points back to God, my dear. There's no way to argue this.
God always created good. The evil started with Satan's pride and rebellion from God. Satan at one time was a magnificent angel serving God.
Dom wrote:Yes, we all sin. And if me being wiped out would allow for the rapists to be wiped out as well, I would agree in one second flat.
You didn't understand. We all would be wiped out. We all sinned. And come to think of it, that's exactly what we deserve. We don't deserve anything good ever.
Dom wrote:That's where I differ from this God you inexplicably serve. If I could save innocent people from pain and suffering, I would. But I can't. He could...and He did not.
I love my God. And I can understand where your coming from. I even can understand your hatred, but I would account that to you not really knowing God. If you KNEW God. Knew of His mercy, His overwhelming love for every creature that lives, how He doesn't forget any of them, how He weeps when they turn from Him, how He seeks them, and longs for them to be happy, gives them life, and gives them an emptiness if they don't know Him that can't be filled with out Him... But one thing. Why do you hate a God who doesn't exist? By hating this imaginary creature, you are in a sense, acknowledging His existence.
Dom wrote:Precious little. Perhaps nothing.
And yet you want me to come to your side of things. :noway:

Who is your favorite characters in AIO?

Why don't you just put your name in your signature so you don't have to type it out every post? :P

Have you ever watched any Studio C?

What are your thoughts on chocolate?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote: Why don't you just put your name in your signature so you don't have to type it out every post? :P
Because typing 3 letters is soooo strenuous. :P

Do you ever paint? Do you ever draw? Do you ever bake?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Dom
Cookies & Creme

I'll get to you, Countess. =|
Belle wrote:Do you ever paint?
I have never painted.
Belle wrote:Do you ever draw?
Rarely. I always say I can't draw a stick figure to save my life. I used to like drawing horse heads when I was younger, but I was terrible at it. I have zero artistic talent in that way. I wish I did. Maybe someday I'll get a book or take a class. I was never taught how to draw anything at all. HOMESCHOOL FAIL.
Belle wrote:Do you ever bake?
NOPE, I hate the whole "women in the kitchen" thing. It drove me as far away from cooking as possible, until maybe four years ago, I finally realized that cooking things myself meant I had full control over the ingredients, which is quite attractive to a picky eater. ;) But baking, no. =| I don't cook much but I've started finally moving away from the microwave. Actually, I haven't been eating much hot food lately, though.

Dom
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

*blinks*

There are five pages in this thread...and Dom got here like... 5 days ago. O.o

MF, you talk to much. :noway:

ANYWAY,

So, you like the Phantom of the Opera? :o Cool! What are some of your other favorite musicals?

I kinda *cough* skipped three pages, so if these are repeat questions... you're welcome. ;) What TV shows are you watching now?

Do you play an instrument?

Do you like your voice?

Can you sing?
xo eht haiasi-
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Isaiah the Ox wrote:*blinks* There are five pages in this thread...and Dom got here like... 5 days ago. O.o
8)
Isaiah the Ox wrote:So, you like the Phantom of the Opera? :o Cool! What are some of your other favorite musicals?
No, I love The Phantom of the Opera. ;) The music first, the 2004 film second, and the stage version last. I have seen countless film adaptations, two versions on stage (one version in my home state, the other in my home state and then on Broadway), and read many published and "non-published" book versions. I just love the character of The Phantom.

I also love Les Miserables on stage, though not the new film version of the musical (I think it was a horrid mistake to record the singing the way they did). I love the non-musical film versions of Les Miserables, too...WHAT'S NOT TO ADORE?

I love most of Cats...I fast-forward through several songs that I don't like at all, but the ones I like, I LOVE. :mrgreen: Going into movies... I love White Christmas and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!!! I really enjoy The Sound of Music, Mamma Mia! (yes, really, stupid guilty pleasure), Funny Girl, Mary Poppins, Enchanted, The Music Man (Matthew Broderick version, haven't seen the original), and Hans Brinker. These ones I like the music but not necessarily the movies/shows: Rent, Hairspray, Moulin Rouge!, Evita, and Wicked. I'm sure there are others, but THAT'LL DO.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What TV shows are you watching now?
None at the moment. I recently finished SORTA watching Dancing with the Stars, though that show bugs me. The good dancing seems few and far between. I also just wrapped up the original version of Upstairs Downstairs from the 70's. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I would ever watch it again. It's just ODD, skippy, random, and not terribly emotionally moving, despite a lot of gritty story lines. A month or so ago I caught up on Once Upon a Time. I also blasted through Daredevil and enjoyed that immensely, until the finale, which I thought was reeeeeeally friggin' disappointing. Those were all Netflix though, I detest watching live TV. The only thing I regularly and happily subject myself to on live TV is So You Think You Can Dance.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you play an instrument?
Piano, and http://data.whicdn.com/images/30263963/large.jpg
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you like your voice?
My speaking voice? Yes. When I was younger I hated it, but I like it now, and people tell me I have a good phone voice.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Can you sing?
I CAN sing. No one wants to HEAR me sing. I LOVE singing. But no one gets to LISTEN to me sing. :twisted:

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Isaiah the Ox wrote:*blinks*

There are five pages in this thread...and Dom got here like... 5 days ago. O.o
Its partially my fault actually.
Worst memory? I stress the singular form. \:D/
Worst nightmare?
Dream date?
Opinion on the immigration crisis?
Are you feminist?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Its partially my fault actually.
I'll punish you later.
Blitz wrote:Worst memory? I stress the singular form. \:D/
What I know of my foster sister's death.
Blitz wrote:Worst nightmare?
I had a recurring one where I would wake up just before midnight in my dream, and was in a dim room with a clock on a mantel, and I had an overwhelming dread that something horrific was going to happen when the clock struck midnight. Not very descriptive, I know, but the horror was palpable.
Blitz wrote:Dream date?
Somewhere NOT romantic. Somewhere adorably cute, or flippin' awesome. Somewhere we can talk, where the activity doesn't prevent that. Somewhere that lots of cuddling can happen.
Blitz wrote:Opinion on the immigration crisis?
I don't care who comes here, all I really care about is if you move into my country, have enough respect to learn my language.
Blitz wrote:Are you feminist?
I never cared enough to find out, so I'm gonna say no. I certainly disagree with the feminist abortion views. Mostly it just seems like a lot of PMSing women shrieking and beating their chests. Get over it.
Miss Friendship wrote:He wanted His creation to be higher than the animals and have a love for Him that was not robotic
And to get that love, which is totally unnecessary, He allows rape and murder? There was no reason for God to create anyone. Assuming God exists and created the world, He did it for the selfish reasons you just outlined. What kind of person is so desperate for love they create something that can love them, at the cost of worldwide pain and suffering? You actually haven't directly addressed my "God sat down and looked at the numbers" scenario at all.

1. Do you believe God knew what we would do with the free will He gave us?
2. If no, your God is not all powerful.
3. If yes, you can't deny that He weighed the rape and murder against the amount of people who would love Him, and He chose the selfish option.
Miss Friendship wrote:But obviously you insist on believing something else.
I don't insist. I simply believe what life experience has made me believe. Do you honestly think I want to believe there is no Heaven? That the people I've lost are just decomposing flesh? That there is no hope? That there is no point? NO ONE wants to believe that. Life has made me believe it.
Miss Friendship wrote:IF GOD DOES EXIST, He is not going to be the God you thought. Maybe you would hate Him. No maybe about it. You would.
Why, are you admitting that His actions appear sadistic? :P
Miss Friendship wrote:You may call these consequences heartless and cruel, but we really can't do anything about it, because He's God.
I think the heartless and cruel things in the world are a result of humans with no God. But if God existed, heck yeah, it seems blatantly obvious to me that He is a heartless and cruel person.
Miss Friendship wrote:And no matter how unfair we think He might be, that will never change the fact that He is there.... if He is.
But I don't think He is. And unless He comes down here and brings someone back to life, I'm never gonna think He is. Blind faith is just that...blind. Blind faith is Santa Claus. God is in the same category. You believe in Him because your culture and your family groomed you to do so. Just as every Muslim believes in their religion because they were groomed to do so. Every religion is like that. They are all the same. It's laughable.
Miss Friendship wrote:God always created good. The evil started with Satan's pride and rebellion from God. Satan at one time was a magnificent angel serving God.
So you believe angels had free will? I thought that was the point of humans, that they were the only ones with free will. The Bible contradicts itself all over the place.
Miss Friendship wrote:You didn't understand. We all would be wiped out. We all sinned. And come to think of it, that's exactly what we deserve. We don't deserve anything good ever.
I understand. That's fine. I think the human race is disgusting, and I'm perfectly fine with it being wiped off the face of the earth. Because again...that would stop the suffering. The suffering your God refuses to stop.
Miss Friendship wrote:I would account that to you not really knowing God. If you KNEW God. Knew of His mercy, His overwhelming love for every creature that lives, how He doesn't forget any of them, how He weeps when they turn from Him, how He seeks them, and longs for them to be happy, gives them life, and gives them an emptiness if they don't know Him that can't be filled with out Him...
Yes, I grew up hearing all of that every day. You're repeating things you've been hearing and saying since birth. Look at the facts. The fact is, you're talking about someone you can't know anything about. You're hypothesizing. You think He is merciful because you've been told that. You think He gives life because you read it. You think He wants people to be happy, because that's what you've been taught your entire life. Give me something real, Countess. Give me something from your life. Something you KNOW. Something you can prove. Don't spout meaningless words that cannot be proven. You have never met God except inside your head. And I'm sorry, but that ain't real. It is a socially accepted form of mental illness.
Miss Friendship wrote:But one thing. Why do you hate a God who doesn't exist? By hating this imaginary creature, you are in a sense, acknowledging His existence.
I told you it's hard to erase a lifetime of growing up steeped in this. There's something that detaches in my brain as far as belief in God, and debating Him as if He actually exists. I don't believe He exists. But I think it would be easier to argue from the point of anger, than from the point of disbelief, because maybe anger is something you could slightly understand. It was the biggest step to me getting to where I am now. Essentially, I figure if I can show you where my anger for God came from, and that you can't logically deny it, maybe you'll have a breakthrough. But that's highly doubtful and since I don't believe either of us have souls, it's pretty friggin' pointless. I just hate seeing people waste their lives trying to please an imaginary being.
Dom wrote:Precious little. Perhaps nothing.
Miss Friendship wrote:And yet you want me to come to your side of things. :noway:
*shrug* I want you to not be a blind sheep. And anyway, Christians typically admit that following God is very difficult, so why is it wrong for me to suggest that my way is difficult, but also worth it?
Miss Friendship wrote:Who is your favorite characters in AIO?
Rusty was always a favorite. :twisted:
Miss Friendship wrote:Why don't you just put your name in your signature so you don't have to type it out every post? :P
Because I am not lazy. It took me about a decade to finally start using the Tab function in chat rooms when I said peoples' full names. I hate taking the easy way out. AND I TYPE FAST. 8)
Miss Friendship wrote:Have you ever watched any Studio C?
No, what is that?
Miss Friendship wrote:What are your thoughts on chocolate?
Pure milk chocolate in small amounts is delicious, but can get old, fast. I love peanut butter and chocolate together.

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I protest against punishment!
Ah care to explain more?
Interesting nightmare...
Me likes your description of feminists.
How have you not heard of Studio C? They are an amazing clean comedy group.
Are you a Shakespeare fan?
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:I protest against punishment!
Protest all you want, that just makes it better.
Blitz wrote:Ah care to explain more?
My foster sister was murdered by her adoptive parents when she was a little girl.
Blitz wrote:Me likes your description of feminists.
:twisted: *bows and swishes cape* No offense meant to any of them. *shrug* I don't really know enough to make such sweeping judgements, but...that's the feel I've gotten and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Blitz wrote:How have you not heard of Studio C? They are an amazing clean comedy group.
Oooooh, have you heard of Tim Hawkins? He's flippin' hysterical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iTjOhItp4
Blitz wrote:Are you a Shakespeare fan?
I enjoy the stories in general, and films, but reading it is somewhat tedious. I do, however, own a lovely Complete Works leather-bound book. :wacky:

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

O.o that is horrible.
Ah yeah, I know a feminist, and I said jokingly when she sat at a table with all male occupants that it was a male table. She called me sexist. *Breathes slowly*
Oh yeah I have. He is crazy.
Yeah, I mean reading Macbeth is a nightmare.
Have you heard of Rhett and Link?
RclBeauty?
Are you a youtube fan?
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:O.o that is horrible.
Mmhm. And now you have a hint at why I hated God.
Blitz wrote:Ah yeah, I know a feminist, and I said jokingly when she sat at a table with all male occupants that it was a male table. She called me sexist. *Breathes slowly*
haha To me, feminism seems like pure sexism. Just stop flaunting yourselves, trying to be something you're not and prove yourself to the men. Just be what you are. Do what you do. We don't all have to hear about it.
Blitz wrote:Oh yeah I have. He is crazy.
No likey? I think he's awesome. Most Christian comedians are so uptight. He's not afraid to make fun of himself and the culture, and coming from that culture, I really appreciate it.
Blitz wrote:Have you heard of Rhett and Link?
:mrgreen: Yes, dis be one of the ones I've seen and find amusing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EzDRpkfaO4 Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKuSQIJlog BUT THIS ONE IS BEST! :mrgreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRuwR2JSXI muhahahahahaha
Blitz wrote:RclBeauty?
Nupe.
Blitz wrote:Are you a youtube fan?
Yes, I love not having to buy CD's to hear the songs I'm obsessed with.

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Aye, I do.
Agreed, I mean feminist degrade the rest of the world for 'degrading them.'
OH you should check on Blimey cow. He is like that.
I've heard all of their raps. Oh the Dad life is funny.
Agreed, I don't got monies.
Did you like the song I linked you?
Coffee or Tea?
Cappuccino or Mocha or Black?
Chocolate lover?
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Agreed, I mean feminist degrade the rest of the world for 'degrading them.'
Mmhm, but anyone who thinks they're being persecuted will typically react that way. Like the whole thing of chubby girls calling skinny girls bags of bones. That doesn't help anyone. What we need is acceptance of everyone, not taking the hate you've had inflicted on you and channeling it to other people. We need to teach body acceptance, not to hate what is considered sexy. We need to teach gender equality, not that feminists rule the world.
Blitz wrote:Did you like the song I linked you?
I did, very much.
Blitz wrote:Coffee or Tea?
I'm not a big fan of either, which is rather ironic, but I guess I would say coffee, you just have so many more options.
Blitz wrote:Cappuccino or Mocha or Black?
I don't like any of those, but I would take Mocha if I had to. I would prefer a Caramel Macchiato.
Blitz wrote:Chocolate lover?
Mmhm, milk chocolate. I don't like dark chocolate or white chocolate. Hence my issue with mocha, bleck, dark...

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Agreed.
Good then you should listen to Starset.
Ouch, I love both.

Have you been to hershey?
Have you ever been to Carol-winds?
Do you like roller-coasters?
Ever burned in the sun?
Will we ever see a picture of you on here?

Jake
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

HI JAKE \:D/
Blitz wrote:Have you been to hershey?
Nope.
Blitz wrote:Have you ever been to Carol-winds?
No? I've been to the Cave of the Winds...
Blitz wrote:Do you like roller-coasters?
Not much, no. I don't like the feeling that I'm going to die, as I hang at the top waiting for it to release. It's fun while it's going, though. But not enough to inspire me to get on unless someone is bugging me to. I prefer flippy rides, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orGHmguUrOo
Blitz wrote:Ever burned in the sun?
Yes, I actually tanned for the very first time in my life this year, hahaha. Usually I just burn, peel, and go back to being MILKY WHITE. *fluffs hair*
Blitz wrote:Will we ever see a picture of you on here?
Doubtful, unless someone BETRAYS MY CONFIDENCE. :evil:

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Which person betrays your confidence?
Wow congrats on tanning. I'm permanently tanned. ;)
I like roller coasters. I've been been on worlds tallest and fastest. Fury!

I'm starving...
Favorite icecream flavor?
Least favorite?
Pet peeves?
Name?
Social security number?
Location?
Date of birth? ;)
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Which person betrays your confidence?
In regards to pictures, no one, thus far, THAT I'M AWARE OF. O.o In regards to generally...my boss did.
Blitz wrote:Wow congrats on tanning. I'm permanently tanned. ;)
ha Yeah well, it's worn off now. It just happened twice, once I went to a Celtic festival, and then I went to an engagement party on the lake, and both times I came home tan and was like WHAT JUST HAPPENED, THE EARTH IS FLAT!!!
Blitz wrote:I like roller coasters. I've been been on worlds tallest and fastest. Fury!
Nice!
Blitz wrote:Favorite icecream flavor?
I haven't had much ice cream the past few years, but I guess I would say the Salted Caramel from Cold Stone. I put raspberries in it, and it's SCRUMPDILLY.
Blitz wrote:Least favorite?
Hm, I guess cookies 'n creme, because the tiny bits are like eating sand, but the bigger bits are soggy and gross.
Blitz wrote:Pet peeves?
I'll think about this and get back to you. :roll:
Blitz wrote:Name?
Dom
Blitz wrote:Social security number?
888-88-8888
Blitz wrote:Location?
In two very special peoples' hearts.
Blitz wrote:Date of birth? ;)
I was born in 1986.
Dom
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You've gotten a lot of pages in a short time, are you trying to get to 100 pages too?

Is there a reason you aren't asking me questions? :P
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You've gotten a lot of pages in a short time, are you trying to get to 100 pages too?
I have no such goals, ask the people who keep asking me questions what THEIR intentions are for me. :lol:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:Is there a reason you aren't asking me questions? :P
I just wanted to try your self-esteem. :twisted: TEST YOUR METTLE. Also, there's a 7-thread limit besides your own, and I've already been talked to for breaking that. :wacky:

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

The earth is flat. ;)
Aye, I don't like cookies and creme.
Where do you most want to go to vacation to?
Least favorite location?
Hunger status?
Debate Vampire