The Dom

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Do you like strategy games?
Settler of Catan?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Do you like strategy games?
Settler of Catan?
I hadn't really ever been a gamer, but I've been introduced to a lot of different games lately... World of Warcraft, Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars: The Card Game, Space Hulk Death Angel, Mr. Card Game, Unexploded Cow, Pokemon, Cthulhu dice, and just the other day, Borderlands 2.

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How old is you? (I only accept real answers) :twisted:

Did you know I created Blitz's wolf signature? And I would never make it spirit anything.

What denomination are you? Or do you belong in that realm outside of Christianity?

Why don't you include the "Dear So and so" at the beginning of every post since you sign your name?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Hello! \:D/ Its nice to meet you Dom!
Would you rather live in the country or the city?
Would you ever like to travel to the moon?
What are some of your favorite movies?
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Dear Countess...
Miss Friendship wrote:How old is you? (I only accept real answers) :twisted:
What do you do if you receive a fake answer? *holds notepad in hand and blinks curiously*
Miss Friendship wrote:Did you know I created Blitz's wolf signature? And I would never make it spirit anything.
Of course I knew that, I know everything! Except the small fact that you created Blitz's wolf signature. I chose not to know that piece of information. Because it pleased me. Ahem. G'job! What's wrong with spirit animals? To me it's just an animal you identify with and see aspects of yourself in.
Miss Friendship wrote:What denomination are you? Or do you belong in that realm outside of Christianity?
I was raised non-denominational evangelical Christian. I am now in that outer realm you spoke of.
Miss Friendship wrote:Why don't you include the "Dear So and so" at the beginning of every post since you sign your name?
I did! Can you not see?! ;)
MnM wrote:Would you rather live in the country or the city?
Both would be fine, as would the top of a mountain or the bottom of the ocean. At this moment though, I think I would prefer the city. I love people watching.
MnM wrote:Would you ever like to travel to the moon?
In a heartbeat. I love the moon. The sun is evil. Eviiiiiiiiiiiil, says I! :mad:
MnM wrote:What are some of your favorite movies?
Hm, I haven't really updated my official "favorites" list in about a decade, but here it is: The Phantom of the Opera, V for Vendetta, The Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, You've Got Mail, and The Princess Bride. I find myself rewatching a handful of movies a lot though... The original version of The Time Machine, Little Women (1994), The Ten Commandments, He's Just Not That Into You, Tristan + Isolde, The Lakehouse, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and The Holiday. Ironically there are no action movies on that list, but I love the first two Fast and the Furious movies, Gone in 60 Seconds, and xXx is a major favorite. Also love The Man from Snowy River, Back to the Future, The Black Stallion & The Black Stallion Returns, The Man in the Iron Mask, Remember the Titans, Ocean's Eleven, The Mask of Zorro, Avatar, The Illusionist, Return to Me, Pan's Labyrinth, any version of Les Miserables, and pretty much every John Wayne movie ever made...some top favorites being El Dorado, The Sons of Katie Elder, McLintock, Hatari!, The War Wagon, and Rio Bravo. Also in the western vein, I love Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and The Magnificent Seven. I have a soft spot for Pixar movies (all the Toy Stories, Finding Nemo, and Ratatouille), and Disney movies of the Renaissance era, which yes, is a thing...favorites of all time being The Lion King, Aladdin, The Return of Jafar, and 101 Dalmatians, with special love for Bambi, The Jungle Book, Snow White, and The Rescuers Down Under. White Christmas is my all-time favorite Christmas film. *gasps for air* Bet'cher glad you knocked on this door, eh? :mrgreen:

Nice to meet you, as well!

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

What is your greatest fear?
What is the worst that could happen?
Do you have any pets, and if so, what are they?
Describe the time that you were most scared in your life (so far).
What has been the best day of your life?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Oh, people watching is fun.
What are your favorite bands?
Favorite type of music?
Debate Vampire

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:What do you do if you receive a fake answer? *holds notepad in hand and blinks curiously*
I don't think you want to know. :twisted:
Sic Helios on you
Now gimme.
Dom wrote:What's wrong with spirit animals? To me it's just an animal you identify with and see aspects of yourself in.
So long as its not occultic.
Dom wrote:I love people watching.
0_____0 I am not very happy that you enjoy doing the very thing that sets me apart from the common people. :evil:

You like The Ten Commandments when you belong to the Outer Realm? O.o
Dom wrote: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
:mrgreen: Would you rather be kidnapped and married accordingly by your lover, or have a perfect wedding with a budget of 1 billion to spend? :twisted:

What are your thoughts on the movie Pride and Prejudice or any of the movies based on Jane Austin's books?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

How do you feel about currently having the highest posts per day average on the SS?
Dom
Cookies & Creme

*tips cowboy hat* ;)
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What is your greatest fear?
Dying without being in control of the when and the how.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What is the worst that could happen?
To be in some accident that ties me to a bed but leaves my mind fully mobile, unable to speak, and unable to end it.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Do you have any pets, and if so, what are they?
I do not currently have any pets. My last pet was a little gray and white mouse with big round ears, named Guy.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Describe the time that you were most scared in your life (so far).
***Graphic Warning***
When I walked in on my sister-in-law bleeding out on the carpet.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What has been the best day of your life?
I don't think one can trump all others. I have shallow "best days" like meeting a celebrity, and emotional "best days" like spending time with someone I love. Then there are days where you simply feel amazing for no reason at all.

You get serious quick. I like it a lot. I'll have to go find your thread.
Blitz wrote:What are your favorite bands?
I also haven't updated that list in awhile. So TEN YEARS AGO (who has time...?) my favorites were: Michael W. Smith, Plus One, Green Day, Linkin Park, Offspring, Nickelback, and Eminem. Nowadays I don't really have favorite singers or bands at all, I pick and choose songs from everywhere and love a massive variety of music.
Blitz wrote:Favorite type of music?
Oh. Well, I don't have a favorite. What I listen to depends entirely upon my mood and what sounds good at the moment. I like everything from modern rock to opera, Disney songs to hip-hop, doo wop to country, barbershop quartet to dubstep. I do have a penchant for sad music. At the moment I am utterly obsessed with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg
Countess wrote:I don't think you want to know. :twisted:
Now gimme.
Just because you're so persistent.
I was born in 1986.
Countess wrote:So long as its not occultic.
No. Definitely not.
Dom wrote:I love people watching.
Countess wrote:0_____0 I am not very happy that you enjoy doing the very thing that sets me apart from the common people. :evil:
You know you like it. :mrgreen:
Countess wrote:You like The Ten Commandments when you belong to the Outer Realm? O.o
Absolutely. Just because your beliefs change doesn't mean things you grew up loving vanish into thin air or stop affecting you or attracting you. Christian music can still bring me to tears like nothing else. It's not because I believe in it, it's because it is a deep connection to my childhood. It is like a lullaby. As for that particular movie, what's not to love? It's epic as it gets. I love the music. I love Egypt. I love it. I also love Quo Vadis...Ben-Hur comes in third. I guess El Cid doesn't count as a Biblical epic, but it's somewhere in there between Quo Vadis and Ben-Hur for double-VHS sets. 8)
Countess wrote::mrgreen: Would you rather be kidnapped and married accordingly by your lover, or have a perfect wedding with a budget of 1 billion to spend? :twisted:
I don't believe in marriage anymore.
Countess wrote:What are your thoughts on the movie Pride and Prejudice or any of the movies based on Jane Austin's books?
I liked the mini-series with Colin Firth, he smoldered as only the best of the smolderers could ever do. I am much more keen on the Keira Knightley version, however. I own it and have watched it probably half a dozen times. I love the long camera shots they have, have you watched the one at the party where it goes from room to room to room, conversation to outburst to secret whisper to quiet moment? Art. I've seen a few other movies based on Austen novels. I generally like them.
T.S. wrote:How do you feel about currently having the highest posts per day average on the SS?
I wasn't aware I did. 8) HOW DID YOU KNOW, stalker?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why don't you believe in marriage anymore? What do you mean by that?

Were you ever married? #nosy

Favorite actor?

Favorite actress?

What kind of home do you live in? Apartment? Country house? City house?
Dom wrote:I wasn't aware I did. HOW DID YOU KNOW, stalker?
It's very uncommon for a person to join and make 30 posts on that one day. In fact, them being activated in one day is rare. O.o

Dom
Cookies & Creme

T.S. wrote:How do you feel about currently having the highest posts per day average on the SS?
BTW, it would be a heckuva lot higher if I didn't feel the need to shove responses to various people into one post. Why does this thing merge them if you post more than once at the end of a thread? I LIKE THINGS BEING SEPARATED. Ick. (Not ICK ick, just...ick.)
Miss Friendship wrote:Why don't you believe in marriage anymore? What do you mean by that?
I mean I grew up believing marriage was the only option, my destiny, the only right way, no sex before marriage, on and on. And now I don't. I lost it about a decade ago (why does everything pivot there, ugh)... I watched my parents go from absolute lifelong dedication, to divorce, and that doesn't leave a person unchanged. Or at least it didn't leave me unchanged. How could I ever believe in promising someone forever, after watching that? I couldn't. Props to people who can... I just can't trust that someone won't change, or that *I* won't change, for that matter. Because I've watched myself change and I've watched everyone I know change around me. Love isn't something you can promise. Dedication might be, but dedication without love is meaningless.
Miss Friendship wrote:Were you ever married? #nosy
Absolutely not. heh
Miss Friendship wrote:Favorite actor?
This is like songs...I love a lot in various movies but there's not one that I chase around. I'll think if there are any who bubble to the top, and let you know. BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT STUFF, RIGHT HERE. YEP.
Miss Friendship wrote:Favorite actress?
...Ditto.
Miss Friendship wrote:What kind of home do you live in? Apartment? Country house? City house?
It's a condo in a town that is big but feels small to me. I'm ten minutes from two of every store, but two minutes from sunset pictures and eight minutes from wild deer, and ranches with horses, alpacas, and dogs.
Miss Friendship wrote:It's very uncommon for a person to join and make 30 posts on that one day. In fact, them being activated in one day is rare. O.o
Did you think I would be common, little one?

Dom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Dom wrote:BTW, it would be a heckuva lot higher if I didn't feel the need to shove responses to various people into one post. Why does this thing merge them if you post more than once at the end of a thread? I LIKE THINGS BEING SEPARATED. Ick. (Not ICK ick, just...ick.)
Because we have a rule against double posting. It helps keep the threads from being spammed and it consolidates a response into one post, making it easier for mods and admins to sort through them.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Dom
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:Because we have a rule against double posting. It helps keep the threads from being spammed and it consolidates a response into one post, making it easier for mods and admins to sort through them.
Hmph, okay. But what if I posted a response to one person, and then go back half an hour later and post a response to someone higher above...would people be notified by those amusing little ice cream cones, that there's actually something new? I feel like I have to go back and CHECK STUFF to make sure they haven't added on... It's mentally draininnnng! *wails*

Ahem.

I also believe you owe me a question. *stares stoically* I like your name, BTW.

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

There is one thing you should know about Tiger. You are one special person if you get a question from her. :noway:
Dom wrote:Hmph, okay. But what if I posted a response to one person, and then go back half an hour later and post a response to someone higher above...would people be notified by those amusing little ice cream cones, that there's actually something new? I feel like I have to go back and CHECK STUFF to make sure they haven't added on... It's mentally draininnnng! *wails*
*chuckles* Deary, just change your board setting. Choose either Emily, Regis or Jimmy and see how you like the set-up better. It's way less confusing to me. It uses bold checkmarks instead of ice cream cones. Personally, I use Emily. I recommend the colors. ;) And normally, if we "add on" we edit, and no there would be no notifications. But we wouldn't add to a post that you responded to. We would make another.
Dom wrote:I mean I grew up believing marriage was the only option, my destiny, the only right way, no sex before marriage, on and on. And now I don't. I lost it about a decade ago (why does everything pivot there, ugh)... I watched my parents go from absolute lifelong dedication, to divorce, and that doesn't leave a person unchanged. Or at least it didn't leave me unchanged. How could I ever believe in promising someone forever, after watching that? I couldn't. Props to people who can... I just can't trust that someone won't change, or that *I* won't change, for that matter. Because I've watched myself change and I've watched everyone I know change around me. Love isn't something you can promise. Dedication might be, but dedication without love is meaningless.
Hmm, I get that. I do. *tries to word this question in a non-offensive way* So, it was your circumstances that changed your opinion on Christianity, not God himself? Do you believe in God's existence?
Dom wrote:Did you think I would be common, little one?
That isn't the point. I held the highest post average until you came along. :x I WAS DETHRONED. >_>

Blitz
Moose Tracks

*pats MF then cackles evilly. *

O.o I love linkin park. They are so ancient though. I don't know if they still tour.

Do you like to read?
Favorite genre?
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:There is one thing you should know about Tiger. You are one special person if you get a question from her. :noway:
I shall have to make myself so utterly intriguing that she simply cannot resist. *swoops my cape around me and adjusts my mask* ... *knocks over several items on my desk in the process* ... Yep. That worked out JUST GRAND. *bows and swishes cape*
Miss Friendship wrote:*chuckles* Deary, just change your board setting. Choose either Emily, Regis or Jimmy and see how you like the set-up better. It's way less confusing to me. It uses bold checkmarks instead of ice cream cones. Personally, I use Emily. I recommend the colors. ;) And normally, if we "add on" we edit, and no there would be no notifications. But we wouldn't add to a post that you responded to. We would make another.
I saw some board settings when I registered, but not those. I'll have to look deeper. However, like I said, I *try* to make a new one, and it ends up editing and adding onto my previous. So then, rue the day, I have signed my name twice in the same post, like a NINCOMPOOP. :mad:
Miss Friendship wrote:Hmm, I get that. I do. *tries to word this question in a non-offensive way* So, it was your circumstances that changed your opinion on Christianity, not God himself
Well that question was about marriage, not God or Christianity. As for circumstances...yes? I am not really a hands-on learner (sorry latch) in the real world, but when it comes to belief, I absolutely base it on what I see, hear, experience, and yes, FEEL, myself. Other people have different experiences which allows them to believe vastly different things, but without experiencing them myself, this is the only reality that I can know.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you believe in God's existence?
Not anymore.
Miss Friendship wrote:That isn't the point. I held the highest post average until you came along. :x I WAS DETHRONED. >_>
Ahh, the truth comes out. :mrgreen: *runs fingertips over my newly acquired throne and stares you down* And I wasn't even trying. 8)
Blitz wrote:Do you like to read?
I think I should finally admit that I "used to". Because I have become far too picky in the years since work started to suck up my life. When I was a kid and in my teens, I would read hundreds of books a year. But now that other things take up so much time, I find myself getting irritated really easily by author flaws and habits. One of my biggest pet peeves is when they use a very unique word over and over. Each person has different experiences (see above ;)), so I understand that the author probably hasn't the slightest clue that a particular word or phrase is unique and sounds obnoxiously repetitive, but an editor should catch something that stands out like a sore thumb. :mad: Anyway if it helps, I was completely obsessed with The Left Behind Series. Used to be a regular on the boards for that back in the dayyyyyy, man.
Blitz wrote:Favorite genre?
I suppose action or thriller, if I can tack movie genres onto books? :roll: (...Why are so many of these faces shaped like a shield...?) It takes something really gripping for me to care, these days. If I don't stay up and read the book in one night, it's probably not worth my time.

I'm not sure about Linkin Park touring either...I've never been to a concert that wasn't Christian. Which means it's been an exceedingly long time since I went to a concert. I have, however, been to a handful of stage shows. :wacky:

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Talk to the admins about the shield formation...
I never got into left behind that much outside of the teen books but that was when I was like really young. I read books disproportionate to my age. All the books I read are aimed at adults now...

So what is your favorite kind of movie?
Are you unique?
Did you know that I and MF have made a hundreds of post in one week?
That MF was the fastest poster we've had?
Debate Vampire

Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:I read books disproportionate to my age. All the books I read are aimed at adults now...
How old are you? Oi vey, why is everyone connected to the site/chat so bloody young! It's dangerous! :mad: And yes, I'm asking you questions on "my thread". :roll:
Blitz wrote:So what is your favorite kind of movie?
Action, epic, Disney, and romantic comedy. Dunno if this link will work, but see the last question heah... http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... es#p112123
Blitz wrote:Are you unique?
I like to think so. I don't actively try to be different, because I think that's lame, but I like to think I'm different simply by being me. I have some extremely non-sequitur personality aspects and it makes me happy to shock people with one when they have only experienced another thus far.
Blitz wrote:Did you know that I and MF have made a hundreds of post in one week? That MF was the fastest poster we've had?
I did not know that. Or that. You people are competitive. :mrgreen: I'm JUST HERE FOR THE FUN. 8)

Dom
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I actually said that in my thread just now. What did you come here searching for s husband?
Well it's mainly me between countess...
Holly mackerel you have a lot of favorites.
Do you think I am unique?
What is your opinion of me?
Who would you marry on here if you where forced to? ;)
Debate Vampire