The Dom

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:Where do you most want to go to vacation to?
Loch Ness!!! Or a few other choice places.
Blitz wrote:Least favorite location?
Work? pwahaha Nah. Uh, I guess anywhere hot or humid.
Blitz wrote:Hunger status?
I'm not hungry, but my appetite has been off for a few weeks, kinda been barely eating.

Dom
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

What is your favorite car?

What's your favorite color?

How did you get into the 5 love languages? And personality stuff in general?

What is your first impression of the SS?

What's it like being one of the oldest members here?

How did you find the SS, chat and ToO?

How many kids should I have?

Do you believe in ghosts?

What do you do when you are lonely?

Do you have a career? If so in what field?

Have you gone to college? Did you enjoy it?

What kinds of questions do you like to answer? What kinds do you dislike?

What is your favorite thing to study?

What is your favorite outfit?

If you were given 1 million dollars and told to change the world... How would you start?

How can I ask better questions?

What makes a good question?

Do you enjoy the SS?

What have you enjoyed most so far?

How was your day? What did you find the most interesting about it?
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Wuddup Ninja \:D/
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is your favorite car?
I love big trucks. http://blog.carsoncars.net/wp-content/u ... 4_2013.jpg And Lamborghinis. http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/tron_l ... dor-HD.jpg
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What's your favorite color?
Sapphire blue, hot pink, electric purple, and turquoise.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How did you get into the 5 love languages? And personality stuff in general?
My parents read the love languages book when I was a kid. I rediscovered it a few years ago just doing online quizzes. I have always liked quizzes and personality tests. I'm a very curious person, about myself and others.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is your first impression of the SS?
Message boards still exist? O.o
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What's it like being one of the oldest members here?
I'm a little disturbed by how young some of the kids here are, because my filter isn't so great and it's a little triggering to think of kids that age being unsupervised on the internet...even if this board is supervised well, which it clearly is. As for actually being older, I don't mind my age. Kinda wonder what I'm doing here though, AMONG THE TEENAGERS. :roll: But I'm having fun.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How did you find the SS, chat and ToO?
Countess for here, Tim for the latter two, but I'm not registered on the ToO board.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How many kids should I have?
Zero.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you believe in ghosts?
No.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What do you do when you are lonely?
Sometimes I look for people to talk to. Other times I just dwell on it. Usually nothing helps anyway.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you have a career? If so in what field?
Career is a strong word.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Have you gone to college? Did you enjoy it?
No I didn't, and I rather doubt I would have enjoyed it.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What kinds of questions do you like to answer? What kinds do you dislike?
I like deep, thought-provoking questions. Silly ones are fun, too, but IDEALLY I like deep, non-religious ones... Worldview, past, present, emotions, THE DEPTH OF LIFE. :yes: I only mind questions like name and job. Feel free to ask anything personal or nosy or rude or shocking. I like it interesting.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is your favorite thing to study?
I don't like to study. When I was in school, I loved anything to do with reading or writing.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is your favorite outfit?
Ripped jeans and a turquoise tank top with a lace poncho on top. Yes, The Dom wears flipping lace. Sometimes. And skater shoes. Must have skater shoes.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:If you were given 1 million dollars and told to change the world... How would you start?
Child welfare.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How can I ask better questions?
That last one was excellent.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What makes a good question?
Deep, unique, silly, personal.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you enjoy the SS?
It's been amusing.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What have you enjoyed most so far?
Countess' reaction to my Sea Monkey and Giraffe questions. :lol:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How was your day? What did you find the most interesting about it?
My day was alright. It was interesting when a fireman came to my door. :twisted:

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:have enough respect to learn my language.
That's rather selfish. O.o
Dom wrote:And to get that love, which is totally unnecessary, He allows rape and murder? There was no reason for God to create anyone. Assuming God exists and created the world, He did it for the selfish reasons you just outlined. What kind of person is so desperate for love they create something that can love them, at the cost of worldwide pain and suffering? You actually haven't directly addressed my "God sat down and looked at the numbers" scenario at all.
How is loving us and wanting the joy of watching us live life and be in fellowship with Him selfish? If God is the God that you used to know, it is the farthest thing from selfish, it would be the greatest honor ever bestowed on mankind to know Him. In answer to "how could a loving God allow rape and murder" read this: http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t023.html And don't worry, it's really short and simple. ;) And I think it's the best I can give you concerning "God looking at the numbers." I really don't have all the answers. I have a lot of faith, I do. But so do you, you know. You have faith that a God doesn't exist simply because of life experiences and all the terrible things you see in the world today.
Dom wrote:1. Do you believe God knew what we would do with the free will He gave us?
2. If no, your God is not all powerful.
3. If yes, you can't deny that He weighed the rape and murder against the amount of people who would love Him, and He chose the selfish option.
Do you realize that rape and murder is suffering that is not the victims fault? There are many many people who have suffered tremendous awful things, including rape and murder that are now in the presence of God and in a state of complete happiness and peace forever. So the most awful things in the world are not rape and murder. It's the rapist and the murderer that are the worse off. Haunted by sin, selfishly grabbing for what they want, cruel because that's all they know... The most awful thing in the world is sin. Because it separates us from God, and from peace, and happiness, and His Kingdom, and Heaven. Suffering happens. It does. But it is righted. God is Just. That rapist and murderer will not go unpunished unless they seek repentance. So in answer to your question, yes, my God is all powerful. And He saw the final end, He saw the entire history of mankind, He saw everything. And He considered it worth it. He knew mankind would fall and fail, but He would be right there, tenderly, anxiously, longingly wanting them to do what was right and be available as soon as they call. He would provide every solution to their problems as soon as they would remember Him and call out to Him. He even killed His Son so that they might have a chance to rid themselves of sin. This is not a human pain only thing. God hurts when we hurts. When we cry, He cries. Our pain effects Him. He's our God.
Dom wrote:Why, are you admitting that His actions appear sadistic?
No, simply basing my conclusion on everything you had said about Him.
Dom wrote:I think the heartless and cruel things in the world are a result of humans with no God. But if God existed, heck yeah, it seems blatantly obvious to me that He is a heartless and cruel person.
If heartless and cruel is the result of no God. What do all the good and right and lovely things point to? That there is a God? O.o Unles they aren't opposites.
Dom wrote:You believe in Him because your culture and your family groomed you to do so. Just as every Muslim believes in their religion because they were groomed to do so. Every religion is like that. They are all the same. It's laughable.
Unless Jesus rose from the dead... then our religion is not the same.
Dom wrote:So you believe angels had free will? I thought that was the point of humans, that they were the only ones with free will. The Bible contradicts itself all over the place.
The angels do not have a sin nature. We have one because of our descent from Adam. All angels have been directly created by God and must have been created with a holy nature. Therefore, they never have the mix of good and bad often found in men. However, they were created with the ability and responsibility of self-determination. They can choose to leave the estate of heaven by an act of will. Or, they can choose to stay with God. Those who leave, do so in order to be gods.
Dom wrote:Yes, I grew up hearing all of that every day. You're repeating things you've been hearing and saying since birth. Look at the facts. The fact is, you're talking about someone you can't know anything about. You're hypothesizing. You think He is merciful because you've been told that. You think He gives life because you read it. You think He wants people to be happy, because that's what you've been taught your entire life. Give me something real, Countess. Give me something from your life. Something you KNOW. Something you can prove. Don't spout meaningless words that cannot be proven. You have never met God except inside your head. And I'm sorry, but that ain't real. It is a socially accepted form of mental illness.
You're absolutely right....and absolutely wrong. I did grow up hearing that every day of my life. And probably if that's all that had ever happened, I would believe you. But the fact is, God IS someone I can know about. If I didn't believe that, well then I would be an atheist too. The very fact that Jesus came, is the fact that we can KNOW GOD. So no, I can know Him. I believe He is merciful because I have SEEN it. Experienced it. I am not a perfect angel. I have done many things I am utterly ashamed of. I've been taught God disproves of sin, and He does. But I took that to the extreme, and I would grow bitter at Him. And I've seen Him only return my bitterness and hatefulness with perfect amazing love that completely stunned me. I've seen it happen to others right in my life. You might say I am basing everything off my life experiences, and so I am, to an extent. To say I have not felt anything real, or am completely blindly following my parents in this, is like me telling you that your life experiences mean nothing either. As for meeting God in my head... if Christianity is a mere "relationship with Jesus to get me to heaven" then yes, I can see how you think that. But it isn't. It so isn't. It's a million times bigger. It's a Kingdom. That's fighting. That's going to win. And I am only one small person within that Kingdom serving a bigger purpose. My existence means something. And if I didn't have this concept of a higher Kingdom that is different from the Worlds Kingdom that is going to utter chaos and devastation, I would be in your shoes. Because looking at this world's kingdom, yes it's nuts, and it's awful.
Dom wrote:Rusty was always a favorite. :twisted:
So Rodney was too much for your delicate sensibilities? :twisted:
Dom wrote:It took me about a decade to finally start using the Tab function in chat rooms when I said peoples' full names.
Tab function? I always type out people's full names. O.o Spill it sister, what do you know that I don't?! :noway:
Dom wrote:No, what is that?
The very essence of awesomeness. :mrgreen: Try this one. Their latest on Thanksgiving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZZ9LJb-xA :lol: :lol: Or this one on Halloween: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZRDZL98Qg4 :twisted: (I'm not in favor of Halloween though :anxious: )
Isaiah the Box wrote:MF, you talk to much.
Insults from you I always consider complements. :twisted:
Esteemed Doctor wrote:Is there a reason you aren't asking me questions?
Why didn't you tell him the truth? :twisted:
Dom wrote:I have no such goals, ask the people who keep asking me questions what THEIR intentions are for me.
My intention is to up my posts and my Q and A pages. So yes, I am using you :twisted: Be enlightened to the truth. :twisted:
MOD wrote:Countess' reaction to my Sea Monkey and Giraffe questions. :lol:
It was that funny? O.o *didn't know this* :P

SO! Do you realize it's all Isaiah the Box's fault that you are limited to only 7 Q and A pages? :twisted: Time was, in the good old days, that some of us can actually remember, when we could post in as MANNNNNNY as we wanted. :twisted: But then OxR here went and posted in every Q and A and "spammed" therefore the rule was made. *wipes away a tear*

What's better? Quality or Quantity?

Is it better to save one life, or kill one in order to save a lot? (Quantity) #Tough #Deep #Life #Questions :twisted:

Why do you like the number 86?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:
Dom wrote:have enough respect to learn my language.
That's rather selfish. O.o
No, selfish is sneaking into the country illegally and then expecting it to bend over backwards for you.
Dom wrote:How is loving us and wanting the joy of watching us live life and be in fellowship with Him selfish?
Didn't you hear me say...there was NO REASON for God to create anyone? Every molestation, murder, torture, and evil act on earth could have been 100% avoided if God had just minded His own business and not created creatures to love Him. How can that not sound selfish to you??
Miss Friendship wrote:I have a lot of faith, I do. But so do you, you know. You have faith that a God doesn't exist simply because of life experiences and all the terrible things you see in the world today.
It doesn't take faith to believe in what you see, that's the whole point.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you realize that rape and murder is suffering that is not the victims fault?
...Yes.
Miss Friendship wrote:There are many many people who have suffered tremendous awful things, including rape and murder that are now in the presence of God and in a state of complete happiness and peace forever.
Only if your beliefs are true, which you can't know or prove. Have you been to Heaven to see them? No. You have no idea what happens after death, except that people rot in the ground. That's what I mean about SEEING things. Experiencing things. You think you know, but you don't. The only thing you know about death is that it happens and the body decomposes. You or I know nothing beyond that. But for some reason, you and every other religious person has this fantasyland idea of what happens afterwards. With NO CLUE if it's true. Do you not realize how insane that is?
Miss Friendship wrote:It's the rapist and the murderer that are the worse off.
I'm not going to address how massively offensive that is.
Miss Friendship wrote:If heartless and cruel is the result of no God. What do all the good and right and lovely things point to?
The goodness in people. Because yeah, we have a choice. Some people make the right ones sometimes, others don't. It has nothing to do with some invisible being.
Miss Friendship wrote:
Dom wrote:Give me something real, Countess. Give me something from your life. Something you KNOW. Something you can prove. Don't spout meaningless words that cannot be proven. You have never met God except inside your head.
I've seen Him only return my bitterness and hatefulness with perfect amazing love that completely stunned me.
How have you seen that? I asked you for real-life examples and you didn't give me anything. I don't think you even realize that you don't answer questions. HOW have you seen God return bitterness with love? Because you felt it? You sensed it? Unless God came down here and told you He loves you, you didn't experience anything provable. Again, it's all in your head.
Miss Friendship wrote:He saw the final end, He saw the entire history of mankind, He saw everything. And He considered it worth it.
Good then, we agree. He saw the pain and chose to let it happen. The blood is on His hands. :clap: I have nothing more to say on this subject.
Miss Friendship wrote:
Dom wrote:Rusty was always a favorite. :twisted:
So Rodney was too much for your delicate sensibilities? :twisted:
There's nothing sexy about Rodney.
Miss Friendship wrote:Tab function? I always type out people's full names. O.o Spill it sister, what do you know that I don't?! :noway:
If you type the first few letters of someone's nickname, then hit Tab, most chat rooms will finish the name for you, which will in turn ping them when a partial name may not ping. You could do just the first letter if it's a rather empty chat room...keep hitting Tab and it will cycle through anyone whose nick starts with that letter. You're welcome. :wacky:
Miss Friendship wrote:My intention is to up my posts and my Q and A pages. So yes, I am using you :twisted: Be enlightened to the truth. :twisted:
*stops posting on your thread* :roll:
Miss Friendship wrote:SO! Do you realize it's all Isaiah the Box's fault that you are limited to only 7 Q and A pages? :twisted: OxR here went and posted in every Q and A and "spammed" therefore the rule was made.
Well that's overkill. As Belle well knows. :mrgreen: I can see being irked that someone revived every single DEAD thread, but to punish everyone for one person's silly one-time behavior is NOT COOL, DUDE. :mad:
Miss Friendship wrote:What's better? Quality or Quantity?
Both are very important, but for me, I would say Quantity as far as being with people. I can have an excellent time for one hour but if the person I love is gone the rest of the day, I'll still drop. Versus having a pretty okay time for the entire day, I'll be ecstatic. I just love spending time with people I care about, and being away from them is TORTURE, SEZ I. :yes:
Miss Friendship wrote:Is it better to save one life, or kill one in order to save a lot? (Quantity) #Tough #Deep #Life #Questions :twisted:
If I said the latter, I would be becoming the God I'm railing against.
Miss Friendship wrote:Why do you like the number 86?
It's the year I was born. And I love 8's.

Dom
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

For the record it was not just Isaiah the Ox, it was multiple people INCLUDING MISS FRIENDSHIP, I might add.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

SirWhit wrote:For the record it was not just Isaiah the Ox, it was multiple people INCLUDING MISS FRIENDSHIP, I might add.
Ooh, tsk tsk. :lol: However, I would still like to (again) request that it be upped to 10. It's really silly that I can't respond to all the people who have posted on mine.

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

What is your favorite part of the day?
When is your least favorite day of the year?
How do you feel about classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Mozart, Lizt, Chopin, Tchaikowsky, ... etc.)?
Your opinion on Mandy?
Your opinion on M F?
Your opinion on Black Friday shopping?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What is your favorite part of the day?
Cuddling down on a Skype call at bedtime is about as awesome as it gets. :wacky:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:When is your least favorite day of the year?
I guess the 4th of July, 'cause it's so flippin' hot, yet people expect me to go spend the day outside. THE FOOLS. :mad:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:How do you feel about classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Schubert, Mozart, Lizt, Chopin, Tchaikowsky, ... etc.)?
I have a CD called Romance that I picked up at a little rustic shop. You can scroll down to see the playlist, here: http://www.amazon.com/Romance-Marie-B%C ... B000EUKRDQ I pretty much adore every single song.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Your opinion on Mandy?
She is self-depreciating and needs to stop.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Your opinion on M F?
There is more to her than meets the eye.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Your opinion on Black Friday shopping?
I think it's ridiculous and massively overhyped. I have never gone. If anything, I shop on Amazon, but I didn't even bother this year or last.

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why do you talk about romance and handsome dudes favorably if you will NEVER be married? O.o
Dom wrote:How can that not sound selfish to you??
Because PAIN IS HARDLY ANYTHING COMPARED TO THE ABSOLUTE WONDROUS JOY OF KNOWING GOD. #mypoint Now to your point. God could have minded his own business, yes, But then there would have been no joy or happiness or you or me either, you know. And the positives far outweigh the negatives. You give the impression that every single person in life is suffering uncontrollably.
Dom wrote:You have no idea what happens after death,
Unless Jesus rose from the dead, then we have proof that He knows. And He told us.
Dom wrote:You or I know nothing beyond that. But for some reason, you and every other religious person has this fantasyland idea of what happens afterwards. With NO CLUE if it's true. Do you not realize how insane that is?
It's only insane unless we are staking our faith upon Someone who proved what truth is. If Jesus is right, then it is the very rightest, sanest thing we could do.
Dom wrote:I'm not going to address how massively offensive that is.
It was offensive. And I won't expect you to understand how that can be, because it's from a viewpoint that you totally do not understand.
Dom wrote:The goodness in people. Because yeah, we have a choice. Some people make the right ones sometimes, others don't. It has nothing to do with some invisible being.
I am not sure how right and wrong even exists. It's just a matter of "I like this."
Dom wrote:How have you seen that? I asked you for real-life examples and you didn't give me anything. I don't think you even realize that you don't answer questions. HOW have you seen God return bitterness with love? Because you felt it? You sensed it? Unless God came down here and told you He loves you, you didn't experience anything provable. Again, it's all in your head.
Well I sort of been shying away from giving real life examples, because those are personal and not something to be handed about on a message board forum. So I am sorry for not directly answering your questions. And I really can't convince you that it goes deeper than just my brain, because you believe I am just like you were at your age.
Dom wrote: The blood is on His hands.
It is, you're right.
Image Image
SirWhit wrote:For the record it was not just Isaiah the Ox, it was multiple people INCLUDING MISS FRIENDSHIP, I might add.
O.o *blinks* Oh no. I am a perfect law-abiding citizen of the SS. Perfect, Dom, perfect.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Your opinion on M F?
She's absolutely amazing. :mrgreen: (I'm stealing your questions Dom. :twisted: )

How do you come up with all the questions you ask people? O.o

Have you ever fed a giraffe? :mrgreen:

What is so awesome about Skype?

Do you have a smartphone? If so, what kind?

What do you do for work?

Did you watch those Studio C's?
Last edited by Miss Friendship on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

What pet would you get if you could get any one?
Your opinion on blueberry pancakes?
Have you gone on vacation? If so, where? If more than once, where was your fav vacation spot?
Where would you go on vacation if you could go anywhere?
If you could go back in time and talk to one person in history, who would it be?
If you could BE one person in history, who?
If you had to live in a century other than 1900s or 2000s, which would it be?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

The Rock Star wrote: I like deep, thought-provoking questions. Silly ones are fun, too, but IDEALLY I like deep, non-religious ones... Worldview, past, present, emotions, THE DEPTH OF LIFE. I only mind questions like name and job. Feel free to ask anything personal or nosy or rude or shocking. I like it interesting.
Oh dear!!! I would never ask overly personal/nosy/rude questions! (Besides those usual get you banned and I'm trying to stay on the admins good side for now.)

What do you mean by "Child Welfare"??? How would it help society???

Was the Fireman Hot???

Why do you think there is this like "stigma" against hanging out with teenages when you are a young 20-30 yr old single???

Who were you in high school? (The nerd, geek, cheerleader, artist etc.)

When was the last time this thought ran through your mind "Oh man... That's something my mother would have done!! Am I starting to act like her now...?" :lol: What was it you had done???

What was your favorite childhood snack?

What is your favorite Christmas memory?

What do you do in your free time? What do you do in your not so free time?

What's your favorite quote?

If you could change one thing in your past what would it be?

What's one moment you would relive in a heart beat?

Do you like heights?

When was the last time you were like "yes, I think that is love!"???

Do you know Tim personally? (If so... how many eyeballs does he have?)

Why did you say I should have no children?

Do you still listen to AIO?

How do you handle the death of a loved one?

Do you still enjoy reading and writing?

What do you want the future to be like?

What is something you are thankful to have learned the hard way?

What advice would you give your 16 year old self?

How have you changed since you were 16?

What is your opinion on candy canes? ;)

Do you like long lists of questions?

What's a question you thought someone would have asked by now?
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:What pet would you get if you could get any one?
A horse. :wacky:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Your opinion on blueberry pancakes?
I think they're yummyyyy!
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Have you gone on vacation? If so, where? If more than once, where was your fav vacation spot?
I have been on just a few. We didn't have much money growing up, at all. My favorite was New York several years ago though, I went with my mom, aunt, and cousin and we had an absolutely amazing time. We saw three Broadway shows and went on the ferry around the Statue of Liberty at sunset, and I spent the last night there just wandering around the streets by myself, loving every (probably stupidly dangerous) second. :wacky:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Where would you go on vacation if you could go anywhere?
Since I'm torn between two lovers, I'm gonna go with "Scotland". :mrgreen:

Still thinking about the others. It's late! :mad:

Dom
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

"Two lovers"? OooOOOooooohhh!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:Why do you talk about romance and handsome dudes favorably if you will NEVER be married? O.o
In the same way that God doesn't need to have anything to do with morals, romance doesn't need to have anything to do with marriage. FOR ME. :wacky:
Miss Friendship wrote:the positives far outweigh the negatives.
I couldn't disagree more. Most people I know chalk that up to vastly different life experiences. *shrug*
Dom wrote:I'm not going to address how massively offensive that is.
Miss Friendship wrote:It was offensive. And I won't expect you to understand how that can be, because it's from a viewpoint that you totally do not understand.
I assume you meant to type, "wasn't offensive". But it is. To every victim out there. Belittling their pain by saying their attacker suffers worse is... Yeah, not going there.

All of your answers go back to the same thing, which proves that one, you aren't really listening with an open mind, and two, you're just parroting what you've been taught... Essentially, "If it's true, then I'm right." But you don't know if it's true. You're basing your entire life, your actions, your dress, your very being, on something you can't know is true.
Miss Friendship wrote:
O.o *blinks* Oh no. I am a perfect law-abiding citizen of the SS. Perfect, Dom, perfect.
I'm sure you are, my dear.
Miss Friendship wrote:How do you come up with all the questions you ask people? O.o
I sit reverently and peer around my room, waiting for inspiration to strike.
Miss Friendship wrote:Have you ever fed a giraffe? :mrgreen:
I have, a handful of times. It was fun. Except for the long slimy tongue part. Giraffe fur feels very oily, too. Nevertheless, I loved it.
Miss Friendship wrote:What is so awesome about Skype?
You'll just have to find out tonight, won't you, little girl? :twisted:
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you have a smartphone? If so, what kind?
Nope. I did get one, had it for a week, then I decided to stick it to the man and the industry, and returned it. I have a DumbPhone again now. :wacky: And am perfectly happy with it. It cost twenty bucks at Wal-Mart and does everything I need it to, and I never pay a cent for anything I don't use. Everyone I know has cell phone bills in the hundreds. I spend ten bucks a month.
Miss Friendship wrote:What do you do for work?
Whatever my boss suggests he wishes me to perform. :twisted:
Miss Friendship wrote:Did you watch those Studio C's?
I have not, yet.

Dom
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Christmis or Christmus?
Short socks or tall?
Should all snowmen be that, men?
Are you on the Town of Odyssey?
What's your opinon of it if you are?
Do you have more guy friends or gal friends?
Do you like decorating for Christmas?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Do you know why your appetites been off?
What would you do if you had to spend half of your life without electricity?
Have you ever had to turn on a generator?
Did you keep listening to starset?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Ninja's here, I'll do the others in a bit. :lol:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:
The Rock Star wrote: I like deep, thought-provoking questions. Silly ones are fun, too, but IDEALLY I like deep, non-religious ones... Worldview, past, present, emotions, THE DEPTH OF LIFE. I only mind questions like name and job. Feel free to ask anything personal or nosy or rude or shocking. I like it interesting.
Oh dear!!! I would never ask overly personal/nosy/rude questions! (Besides those usual get you banned and I'm trying to stay on the admins good side for now.)
*blink* Did you just edit my name to "The Rock Star"? :lol:

And you can ask anything you want, that's the point! :wacky:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What do you mean by "Child Welfare"??? How would it help society???
I mean for kids who are in abusive situations.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Was the Fireman Hot???
Yes and no. If you saw him on the street you wouldn't think so. But a fireman's uniform does things to me...
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Why do you think there is this like "stigma" against hanging out with teenages when you are a young 20-30 yr old single???
I don't think it's a stigma, and usually age doesn't bother me, but I guess I'm usually the younger one in those situations. It's a bit amusing being the older one. I suppose I just wonder if it's APPROPRIATE. :roll: Oh and who says I'm single? \:D/
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Who were you in high school? (The nerd, geek, cheerleader, artist etc.)
I was homeschooled all the way through, so I didn't fill any of those roles. Except you know, the lame homeschool kid. ;) At the high school age, let's see... I was very, very shy and completely inexperienced in the world. My parents wouldn't allow us to go to youth group so I literally had zero friends. We lived in a mountain neighborhood but there was only one person my age around and he was a guy and usually never home so there was nothing there. I dressed in jeans and any kind of shirt that I felt covered me up well enough. I had long since rebelled against the jumpers and dresses my parents forced on me when I was little. I spent the vast majority of my time reading books and listening to CCM. I had limited time allowed on the computer but I spent that fervently talking to friends on message boards and IM. I started getting into photography, and actually enjoyed hiking for the only time in my life, during that period. I didn't wear any make-up, didn't understand dirty jokes, loved going snowboarding, and had no interest whatsoever in driving. I hated my body, I hated myself. My parents' marriage began to break down and I was the built-in counselor for my mom. I became extremely distanced and eventually hateful towards my dad. I was fast and efficient at school. My brother and I were always on about the same level, he's four and a half years older than me. I was pretty respectful during my teens...I think I got my rebellious stage worked out when I was like six through ten, ha. Everyone thought me and my brother were just the sweetest, best-behaved teens. Old women told me never to change. Middle-aged men hit on the all the time. I believed in courtship instead of dating, but never did either. Bit hard when you aren't allowed to socialize anywhere. Basically I was just very suppressed, quiet, shy, introverted, and desperately lonely. But thankfully, I didn't really understand how bad it was, at the time. :?
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:When was the last time this thought ran through your mind "Oh man... That's something my mother would have done!! Am I starting to act like her now...?" :lol: What was it you had done???
Hm, I don't have any cute examples, I'm afraid. The one that pops to mind is rather negative. Sometimes I wonder if I am a black hole like she is. If I just pour out a neverending fountain of pain and negativity that there is no shut-off valve to, until people can't handle the pressure anymore and start to resent me. I worry that I am selfish, and far too needy.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What was your favorite childhood snack?
Grape flavored Fruit Snacks! From Sam's! Oh my gosh. I absolutely love grape stuff. :mrgreen: They don't sell them anymore. SOOOOO SADDDD.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is your favorite Christmas memory?
Any and every time we turned off the lights and saw the tree all done up for the first time, was fantastic. The Christmas tree is definitely one of my MOST favorite things about Christmas. I adore Christmas treeeeees. :inlove:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What do you do in your free time? What do you do in your not so free time?
I'm on the computer a TON. Talking to people, browsing the internet, writing (I hate hand-writing my thoughts), researching things, listening to music, going through my latest pictures. I also love movies, but I tend to watch them in little 20-minute spurts and do other things in between. I love organizing. I can organize and re-organize all day. I haven't done it as much due to depression, but I do love driving alone in my car with my camera and my CD's. Taking six hours to get somewhere an hour away. HAVING ONE OF THOSE ADVENTURES LIKE LATCH. The last place I went was up into the mountains, I visited a lake, a tiny mountain town, a restaurant with an awesome array of macaroni and cheese dishes, and a mountainside cemetery. I actually spent a lot of time at the last one, taking pictures of moss and leaves and fake and real flowers, and the tombstones. I like cemeteries, they seem incredibly peaceful to me. BUT ANYWAY... I have a weakness for shopping, both online and in stores, but I've been doing an awesome job of curbing that lately. Money is pilin' up, yo! :mrgreen: I love making lists and schedules and anything that I can tweak the living daylights out of until it's perfect. I love taking pictures of the sunset...I have been doing it every day for almost two years now, only missed a handful of days. :wacky:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What's your favorite quote?
I have a lot. *peruses file* For now, let's go with, "And God said, 'Let there be light!' and Chuck Norris said, 'Okay.'" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:If you could change one thing in your past what would it be?
Well, MY past? I mean I would say my foster sister's death. But if it literally has to be MY past... I would take back some pictures I sent to an ex several years ago.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What's one moment you would relive in a heart beat?
Falling in love. :inlove:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you like heights?
Yes, I like the view from tall buildings, the way you feel like you're sort of swaying, and the thrill from looking straight down. Canyons are good, too. Planes. All that. :) I don't enjoy hanging at the top of a roller coaster right before it drops you, but I do willingly go on the towers that drop you from a giant height, every time I'm in an amusement park. I scream my head off in sheer terror. O.o But I go. :mrgreen:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:When was the last time you were like "yes, I think that is love!"???
November. ;) :wacky: :mrgreen: :inlove: :yes:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you know Tim personally? (If so... how many eyeballs does he have?)
Tim has an endless supply of eyeballs to roll back and forth with people. Some are glass. SOME AREN'T. Anyway, how personally are we talking here, lady? O.o Ahem, that is, yes, but we don't really communicate very often. I think my vibrant sexuality scared him. :wacky:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Why did you say I should have no children?
I feel about kids how I feel about kittens. There are countless unwanted ones who need love and are receiving abuse instead. Don't create another one...save one.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you still listen to AIO?
I was obsessed with it as a kid. Since my teens, I go years without and then I go through cycles where I will go through an entire case in a day or two. But it's been a long time since I did that, the cassettes (yes, that's what I said) are out in the garage. =(
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How do you handle the death of a loved one?
It depends entirely on how close I feel to them. I have lost my unborn sister, my foster sister, my second cousin, my cousin, my grandparents, and my great aunts and uncles. I was only four when my sister was stillborn, but I remember the funeral, and just feeling very sad, and especially sad for my parents. We had been making a little button collection for my baby sister, and counting down with beans until her due date. I just felt very sad. It took many many, many years to really process grief over it. I think when I realized that she would have turned 18 that year, it really hit me that I had lost someone who could have changed my life, and who I could have protected, and who I would have loved.

I felt mostly numb when my cousin overdosed. As sad as it is to say, it didn't surprise me. I felt brief sadness when my great aunts and uncles died. Losing my Grandpa was really hard, but I mostly managed to keep the tears in check while it was happening in the hospital. Once it was over, it was kind of over, though.

Losing my Grandma was completely different. It massively contributed to my depression, feeling hopeless, believing there is no point to life... I just can't describe it. She had lent me a stack of books not long before, and I just couldn't stop thinking about how I didn't have to give them back anymore. She was just gone, and it didn't matter. She had also recently opened up about some abuse when she was a teenager, and she cried about it... To realize that someone her age could still be in such pain over something from so many decades before, to know that she had NOT found healing, that she was NOT "fixed"...and then she died... Was just devastating. I miss my Grandma a lot and we just passed her birthday, and the day she passed away, a few weeks ago. I have accepted it and do much better now, but it really threw my depression into overdrive for several years.

My foster sister was murdered and there are no words to describe how that has impacted my life and my outlook on pretty much everything and everyone.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you still enjoy reading and writing?
I do, but I don't do either nearly as much as I used to.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What do you want the future to be like?
Happy. But I rather doubt it ever will be.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is something you are thankful to have learned the hard way?
Learning something "the hard way" sounds like it would be something I would regret. If I think of something, I'll let you know.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
You don't have to be your mom's mother, or her husband, or her friend, or her counselor. You have the right to simply be her daughter.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How have you changed since you were 16?
Oi. This is gonna be a long- :!: post. Since I kind of described my sixteenish-year-old self, I guess I can lay out how I'm different now... I'm still quiet, but not shy at all. I'm still introverted, but also love being a jokester, shocking people, telling dirty jokes, and even sometimes being the center of attention. I still don't really have real-life friends, and I think my upbringing pretty much screwed me up for life in that regard, but I'm totally comfortable around people and being friendly and chillax. I'm still a jeans girl, still don't wear make-up, still fervently talk to friends online...still hate my body, still don't talk to my dad, and am still respectful. I have long-since decided courtship is a joke, but I don't think casual dating is the way, either. I am definitely not suppressed anymore. :twisted: I'm indescribably more self-aware than I was back then. I'm no longer afraid of my own emotions. I'm not afraid to be real anymore, to let people know when I'm not perfectly happy, to let them know that I can bleed. I'm more independent. Obviously I no longer believe in God. My feelings about relationships and marriage are utterly different. I was depressed when I was sixteen, but I had no idea why. Now I know why. I also enjoy driving now, I like going and doing things alone, I'll go to movies alone, go driving alone, whatever. Then there are other things that come with age and LOOSE MORALITY, like having tried alcohol and cigarettes. I have gone through the "I'm too old for Disney movies" stage, and then cycled back into "Oh my God I love Disney movies!!!" I've discovered so much about myself as a person. I understand myself and the world around me a lot better, even if I don't see either of them very positively.
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What is your opinion on candy canes? ;)
I don't like traditional peppermint much at all. I love the special flavors they've been having the last few years, like candy that is made into that shape. Anything fruity or citrusy. And butterscotch. :wacky:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Do you like long lists of questions?
I hate it, can't you tell? I never know what to say. Clearly I'm related to Blitz, all these one-word answers. :mrgreen:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:What's a question you thought someone would have asked by now?
Dating/sexual questions, I suppose. Why I don't mind being taken as a guy. (Obviously anyone who READS this stuff is gonna know I'm a chick, but on the surface...) Why I'm hanging out on a Christian board when I'm so clearly not a Christian anymore. And the ever-present wonderment...just how awesome ARE you, Dom? I wish I could answer, but that pesky God of yours hasn't thought up a fitting adjective yet. :wacky:

Dom
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Who is the best debater on SS?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Dom
Cookies & Creme

A few I was contemplating from before...
Miss Friendship wrote:Favorite actor?
In no particular order...

Acting Chops: Mel Gibson, Hugh Jackman, John Cusack, Paul Bettany.
Looks: Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, John Cusack, Gerard Butler, Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Ed Harris, Colin Farrell, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Seth Green, Antonio Banderas, Dean Martin, Orlando Bloom, Henry Wilcoxon, Viggo Mortensen, Robert Vaughn, Channing Tatum.
Personality: John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Hugh Jackman, John Cusack, Christopher Walken, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Christian Bale, Harrison Ford, Michael J. Fox, Antonio Banderas, George Clooney, Matthew Fox (in Lost), Sean Connery, Bruce Willis, Ryan Reynolds, Jason Statham, Vince Vaughn, Channing Tatum.

Winners for all three categories: Hugh Jackman and John Cusack
I love Hugh best in the X-Men movies, and Kate & Leopold. I love John Cusack best in Must Love Dogs and Serendipity.
Miss Friendship wrote:Favorite actress?
In no particular order...

Acting Chops: Claire Danes, Glenn Close, Kate Winslet, Natalie Portman, Evangeline Lilly, Alison Lohman.
Looks: Scarlett Johansson, Jane Seymour, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Hayden Panettiere, Elizabeth Taylor, Keira Knightley, Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes, Evangeline Lilly, Jean Smart, Blake Lively, Diane Lane, Isla Fisher, Kate Hudson, Mila Kunis, Vivien Leigh, Emma Watson, Ann-Margret, Lynn Collins.
Personality: Maureen O'Hara, Christina Applegate, Drew Barrymore, Kellie Martin, Sandra Bullock, Teri Polo, Tina Fey.

Winner for all three categories: Evangeline Lilly
I've only seen her in Lost and The Hobbit...did not like how she looked in The Hobbit but I loved the romance between her and the adorable little dwarf. :wacky: Totally in love with her character Kate from Lost.
Blitz wrote:Pet peeves?
Parents who pass their drooling babies around like a hot potato at parties/gatherings!!! When I'm trying to talk to someone and they won't give me eye contact. When I pour my heart out and only get a few words in response. When people tell little white lies to look good. And I absolutely hate dogs grooming themselves around me. :mad:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:If you could go back in time and talk to one person in history, who would it be?
Personal - My grandma, I would have loved to have talked to her or known her when she was younger. Historical - Whoever designed the pyramids.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:If you could BE one person in history, who?
Well, I always did want to be a throne princess when I was little...so how about Egyptian royalty? :wacky:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:If you had to live in a century other than 1900s or 2000s, which would it be?
Past - 18th century France. Future - Sometime when we've reached utopia, if such a thing is possible, which I doubt it is.

And then catching up...
Connie G. wrote:Christmis or Christmus?
Christmas? :anxious: I feel like I recognize something about what you're saying, but I can't put my finger on it.
Connie G. wrote:Short socks or tall?
In between! I don't like the "invisible" ones that are so low you can't see them with shoes, but I don't like anything crawling up my calf, either. Short ankle socks are best. :yes:
Connie G. wrote:Should all snowmen be that, men?
I've made snowmen who were girls, before. :wacky: Usually defined by brightly-colored scarves and hot pink sunglasses. :mrgreen:
Connie G. wrote:Are you on the Town of Odyssey?
The chat, not the board.
Connie G. wrote:What's your opinon of it if you are?
I've only looked at the board once. The chat is a place I go once in a blue moon, usually to the shock, confusion, or elation of all...okay fine, of MOST. :roll: But yeah, it's highly amusing that every person I don't know asks WHO IS DOM, as if I have no business trespassing. :mrgreen: The ones who do know me make a cute big deal of my presence, which is sweet. And then, well, there's the ones who know me but think I am of the devil. They just kinda ignore my presence. :twisted:
Connie G. wrote:Do you have more guy friends or gal friends?
Guy friends, definitely. I find it hard to connect with girls, even when I want to.
Connie G. wrote:Do you like decorating for Christmas?
I don't like it when it becomes such a time-consuming deal that I dread it. But otherwise, yes, I absolutely adore Christmastime, and the decorations, and the tree, and the SNOW. :inlove:
Blitz wrote:Do you know why your appetites been off?
Well, not exactly, but I can guess. AND NO YOU JERK, I'm not pregnant. :lol:
Blitz wrote:What would you do if you had to spend half of your life without electricity?
Well, how exactly? The first half? The second half? The middle part? Every other day? :mrgreen: I NEED DETAILS, MAN. Also, where the heck have you been? :mad: I didn't give you permission to disappear.
Blitz wrote:Have you ever had to turn on a generator?
Nope.
Blitz wrote:Did you keep listening to starset?
I have not, link me to more?
Eleventh Doctor wrote:Who is the best debater on SS?
I haven't done much more than skim the debate board, so I'll have to go with Countess, she's been putting up a mighty fight against my heathen beliefs in this thread. Think I finally wore her down though, poor thing's giving up in PM and on here doesn't look so promising, either. :twisted:

Dom