Pentecostal Q&A!

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Pentecostal Q&A!

Post

Ask and you shall receive a answer! I'm Pentecostal and so is Bren so we should be ok!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

Okay. I know that you have already answered this, but I still do not understand your viewpoint on the Trinity. Could you explain this in a little more detail? Thank You.

You believe in the gift of tongues as a sign of the Holy Spirit, right? How many times have you seen this happen? Is this a rare occurrence, or does it happen frequently? Do you believe in other powers given by the Holy Spirit? What do you believe about healing?

When was the Pentecostal curvy founded? How many people belong total? How many people belong to your church? How interconnected are all the Pentecostal churches? How old is your church?

Sorry for all the questions. You may take them as the highest sign of my interest. (please tell me if I in any way offended anyone)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

T.S. (myself) wrote:Okay.
You believe in the gift of tongues as a sign of the Holy Spirit, right? How many times have you seen this happen? Is this a rare occurrence, or does it happen frequently? Do you believe in other powers given by the Holy Spirit? What do you believe about healing?
Yes, that is right. I have seen this happen my whole life! Nope it's not that rare it all depends the last time someone spoke in tongues for the first time was in April(it was me:) There are powers in the holy spirit but mostly in the name of Jesus! I totally believe in healing! My mom has had many healing's and others too. As to your other questions I'll see if Bren responds.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

Alright. Thank you very much.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

T.S. (myself) wrote:Alright. Thank you very much.
Your Welcome and with the Trinity:
It is confusing.. I find the Trinity confusing and you find oneness confusing..
And my church is a good size not to big not to small. It all depends we don't have any pentecostal churches near us with the same believes so we don't get together much just at Youth Camp..
My church is about 20 to 25 yrs old.If you have any more questions please ask!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

Okay. I'll elaborate on the speaking in tongues and healing. First, what would be the requirements or state of heart for these? Next, when would you speak in tongues? Thank you, you have been most helpful.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

T.S. (myself) wrote:Okay. I'll elaborate on the speaking in tongues and healing. First, what would be the requirements or state of heart for these? Next, when would you speak in tongues? Thank you, you have been most helpful.
I don't understand the first question. We can Speak In Tongues whenever. I am new to it so don't do it often mostly when I'm being prayed for but some people do it the whole Song service!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
Posts: 573
Joined: May 2012
Contact:

Post

The short answer for the Trinity is we believe there is one God who manifests him self in many ways. One being becoming flesh and dwelling among us and another would be sending the comforter, or Holy Spirit, to fill all that will allow him in.

For speaking in tounges, that is a sign of the Holy Ghost coming in. So I guess you could call that a requirement. One thing to note is that is also a way the Holy Ghost communicates with God when you don't know what to say.

For healings and things like that, those are gifts of the spirit. So, if your out living like the world, I doubt you will be doing that. Though not everyone has the same gifts. Like Hannah could have the gift of healings but I might have the gift of ministry.
Image
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

Bren wrote:The short answer for the Trinity is we believe there is one God who manifests him self in many ways. One being becoming flesh and dwelling among us and another would be sending the comforter, or Holy Spirit, to fill all that will allow him in.

For speaking in tounges, that is a sign of the Holy Ghost coming in. So I guess you could call that a requirement. One thing to note is that is also a way the Holy Ghost communicates with God when you don't know what to say.

For healings and things like that, those are gifts of the spirit. So, if your out living like the world, I doubt you will be doing that. Though not everyone has the same gifts. Like Hannah could have the gift of healings but I might have the gift of ministry.
Ah. Thank you very much. This is very clarifying.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

Thanks for letting us share! If anyone has other question we will do our best to help!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip
Posts: 2034
Joined: May 2012
Contact:

Post

I don't know if this necessarily pertains, but is Pentecostal the dominant religion in your area, and what are the different types of Pentecostals and their differences?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

Here are a couple Pentecostal Groups:
United Pentecostal Churches(UPC): They are probably one of the Biggest Pentecostal Church Organization out there.
What they Believe: They believe in Acts 2:38 as there salvation plan and that Women can't wear Pants and Cut there Hair and Wear Make-Up and Jewelry as for guys they can't wear Shorts and that kind of thing. They do NOT believe in the Trinity. And that Speaking in Tongues is a sign you've received the Holy Ghost.
Independent Oneness Pentecostals: It really depends on the Church in this one.
What we believe: Well some churches are basically UPC. Others Like mine believe Acts 2:38 is the Plan of Salvation. That Modesty is Very important but don't have a specific way of dress. That the Trinity is Not real. We can wear Make-Up but I really can't and that you can wear Jewelry but most of us don't have pierced ears cause we don't believe in piercing our bodies.And also believe that Speaking in Tongues is the sign you've received the Gift Of The Holy Ghost.
Independent Trinitarian Pentecostals: It really depends on the church too. I don't know much about them.

There are others but these are the ones I know of!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

What do you believe about the end of times?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

We believe in the Book Of Revelation. It really depends on the church again but most believe that theres gonna be the Rapture then the Anti-Christ guy is gonna show up then the 2 messengers who will become martyrs and die. And everyone who decided they wanted Jesus after the rapture will go thru torment as well and some will die. Finally when this is all done Satan and all his followers will be thrown into a Lake of Fire and go through terrible torment (even satan) and Jesus will make a new heaven and a new earth! Really it will be the New Jerusalem. And it will look just like heaven!

Was that what you wanted to know?
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

Yes, it was, thank you!
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Posts: 855
Joined: May 2012
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄
Contact:

Post

Also, I can answer questions dealing about the bible, holy spirit, and 'supernatural' things.

Though if you want questions answered, buy, find, or borrow the book 'Heaven'. It's my second-favorite book of all time.

You have to read that book.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

C-guy wrote:Also, I can answer questions dealing about the bible, holy spirit, and 'supernatural' things.

Though if you want questions answered, buy, find, or borrow the book 'Heaven'. It's my second-favorite book of all time.

You have to read that book.
You believe in speaking in tongues?
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Posts: 855
Joined: May 2012
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄
Contact:

Post

HannahJ. wrote:
C-guy wrote:Also, I can answer questions dealing about the bible, holy spirit, and 'supernatural' things.

Though if you want questions answered, buy, find, or borrow the book 'Heaven'. It's my second-favorite book of all time.

You have to read that book.
You believe in speaking in tongues?
I have...
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
User avatar
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha
Posts: 2500
Joined: May 2012
Location: Your a creepy person.....Lord help them!

Post

Oh Cool! Wait you have? so you do or don't or did?? Sorry but I'm a little confused!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
User avatar
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Posts: 855
Joined: May 2012
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄
Contact:

Post

HannahJ. wrote:Oh Cool! Wait you have? so you do or don't or did?? Sorry but I'm a little confused!
Yes, I have speaken in tongues before. Have you?
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Post Reply