End of the world

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

End of the world

Post

Everything has turned upside down! There has been three huge storms (Nate is on His way) and many fires. There has been shootings and many other things. There has been sighs that come from revulsions so that must mean Jesus is coming back soon! What is your opinion on this?
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

We won't know the day or hour so no point in guessing. Live like the Kingdom of God is at hand and leave the worrying to others.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:We won't know the day or hour so no point in guessing. Live like the Kingdom of God is at hand and leave the worrying to others.
I agree and I don't mean to be guessing just this are leading people to believe he wil come back soon.
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

There have always been wars and natural disasters. This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Shadow
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1303
Joined: July 2016
Location: Tatsumi Port Island

Post

No one will know the date or the hour, I think that settled it.
Image
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
What if you are wrong? How would you know?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

I mean it's a historical fact that people have always written about the 2nd coming being near.

My point is not that we should ignore the possibility of the 2nd coming but that our lives shouldn't actually change all that much. We should be living a life seeking after holiness no matter if we think the end is tomorrow or will never happen in our lifetime.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

Post

Miss Friendship wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
What if you are wrong? How would you know?
I agree with MF so how do you explain the signs form revaltoins?
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3588
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Post

The fact that it's been an above average hurricane year, we've had some wildfires, and there were more mass shootings? These are all regular occurrences in the United States. The Second Coming might be tomorrow, but we don't know that. It might be good to take a serious look at environmental practices and basic gun control measures, though.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

Katie10 wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:This is not a unique time in history and people have always thought the 2nd Coming was near.
What if you are wrong? How would you know?
I agree with MF so how do you explain the signs form revaltoins?
I'm not even convinced that Revelation is about future events. But in any case, are you saying we haven't had bad weather and wars before now? Tell me which events you're seeing that are without precedent historically.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble
Posts: 909
Joined: May 2016
Contact:

Post

Yeah, I get a little concerned when people start assuming when the second coming is. I think we can get so consumed in it, or think we know when Jesus is coming back to the point that it's all we think about or we stop trying to live our lives to the fullest. Personally, I don't know. My main reason for not believing that the second coming is imminent is that I believe God has big plans for me on this earth. But, hey if Christ decides to come back tomorrow. Well, great! I don't know about you all, but eternity with Jesus sounds flipping fantastic.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

Post

PennyBassett wrote:Yeah, I get a little concerned when people start assuming when the second coming is. I think we can get so consumed in it, or think we know when Jesus is coming back to the point that it's all we think about or we stop trying to live our lives to the fullest. Personally, I don't know. My main reason for not believing that the second coming is imminent is that I believe God has big plans for me on this earth. But, hey if Christ decides to come back tomorrow. Well, great! I don't know about you all, but eternity with Jesus sounds flipping fantastic.
But if we look at it as working g harder to get people too Jesus it can be good in one way or the other. @ Eleventh doctor I will give me a day to write it all down (I hope I am not comeing across mean if I am I am not trying to be)
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

You aren't coming across as mean at all. This conversation has been very civil and I'm enjoying it.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You aren't coming across as mean at all. This conversation has been very civil and I'm enjoying it.
Same here its my first debate, any ways I mean 3 huge storms in like 2 month's tons of fires many attacks not just in our country I am not saying it is a sigh but I am 70% sure
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

Historically there have been many times people thought it was the end of the world. Look at Black Death where a plague killed 50% of Europe's population. The 1918 Flu Pandemic that killed 5% of the world's population, right after World War One, one of the worst wars in history. Historically I don't see our era as being uniquely horrible.

But in any case the original point is we should live like the end is near but trying to guess when that will be based on current events seems fruitless.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Historically I don't see our era as being uniquely horrible.
..We do have Trump. :P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

Well as much as I'd like the world to be ending because of that, my other points still stand :-P
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Post

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Well as much as I'd like the world to be ending because of that, my other points still stand :-P
I actually never argued your points. I merely questioned them. Nobody here has any idea of what I really believe.. =)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

Post

Miss Friendship wrote:
Eleventh Doctor wrote:Well as much as I'd like the world to be ending because of that, my other points still stand :-P
I actually never argued your points. I merely questioned them. Nobody here has any idea of what I really believe.. =)
I may have argued ;) . why don't you beluve in the book relations? @ E doctor
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4766
Joined: February 2013

Post

I never said I didn't believe in the Book of Revelation. I just said I don't think what we're seeing now is indisputable or even "70%" proof that the end is coming. Like I said earlier, times when 50% of Europe were dying seems a lot more like "the end" than now. But like I also said that shouldn't actually matter, we should live our lives like the end is coming but guessing when it will comes seems pointless to me.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Post Reply