Is it wrong for women to wear pants?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

Women wearing pants?

Yes, its fine
76%
No
11%
I dont care
8%
I am not sure
No votes
I guess so
4%

Total votes: 72

Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I will agree it is hard to find cute modest clothing these days!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Pound Foolish wrote: I'm sure selling your daughter into slavery would differentiate you from a lot of people in the rest of the world. But frankly, I doubt the daughter would care. And all the laws over the Hebrews and Christians come in one way or another from God (after all, they're right alongside important laws on *ex and such that hadn't been around before.)
Wait.. WHAT?! I can just see how that would go:
*dad walks in*
Dad: Oh, hey! I've got some news for you!
Daughter: Oh, what, Daddy?
Dad: Well, the guy who stopped by yesterday? He came by again this morning and said that he'd buy you for (blank amount of money). You know what a hard time we've had paying for all the food and bills lately, so this will really help us out.
Daughter: Oh, sure, I guess I'll go pack.
Yeahno. Seriously, how would you feel if your family sold you into slavery? Would you care at all, or would you just be kinda like, "Yeah, whatever" as you're saying that the daughters would feel. I know this is kinda off topic, and I'm sorry.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Yes modest clothing that's both fashionable and fits it hard to find (with in the same price rage) but modest "cute" clothes are out there, you just have to be willing to look for it as well as pay for it.
I personally buy a lot of my clothes off E-Bay, and Amazon, but this doesn't work so well for others. That's why they make places like Dress Barn, Kohl's, Ross, Target, JCpenney's, Marshall's, Burling coat factory etc, you can't walk into forever 21, hollister, etc, and expect to find something modest, but hay! You could always sew up some dresses like they made in the old testament, and then see what kind of looks you get! 8)
But on a more serious note, didn't Jesus say its not what's on the outside that defiles a man, but what on the inside? So wear what you please... and let your inter being be you're guide... but always remember the heart is deceitful...
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Aaron Wiley wrote:I'd like to change my argument:
I think it's sinful for woman to wear any sort of lower covering at all. Females should only wear shirts.
Oh... my... word.... I don't know what to say...
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
I think it's sinful for woman to wear any sort of lower covering at all. Females should only wear shirts.

Silly.....he means something like this.....female version of course.

Jimmy Barclay: Faithful companion of Drama Queen, aka Renae.

"And besides, it's salmon patty and broccoli night.......yulghth"
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Jimmy Barclay wrote:
AshleyWhittaker wrote:

Silly.....he means something like this.....female version of course.
This is where we need a like button. :P

That picture just made my night. xD Totally not what I was expecting.
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

underseasie wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote: I'm sure selling your daughter into slavery would differentiate you from a lot of people in the rest of the world. But frankly, I doubt the daughter would care. And all the laws over the Hebrews and Christians come in one way or another from God (after all, they're right alongside important laws on *ex and such that hadn't been around before.)
Wait.. WHAT?! I can just see how that would go:
*dad walks in*
Dad: Oh, hey! I've got some news for you!
Daughter: Oh, what, Daddy?
Dad: Well, the guy who stopped by yesterday? He came by again this morning and said that he'd buy you for (blank amount of money). You know what a hard time we've had paying for all the food and bills lately, so this will really help us out.
Daughter: Oh, sure, I guess I'll go pack.
Yeahno.
Rosy, whod've thought we make such a good sarcasm team? TS, we're waiting for an answer... *taps foot*
Christian and Jimmy, personally, I think this is best...
  • "Pound Foolish, I just adoreee arguing with you! Here, have an eyeball."
~Suzy Lou Foolish

As the founder of the E.R.K., may I say: Emily RULES!
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

In my Sunday school class we are discussing male and female roles in the family and in the church, so this goes along with it perfectly. I have to say that I agree with all of the people who say it's a matter of personal conviction. My SS teacher used a good example:(names are abbreviated for privacy) "Take for example, M. What if she didn't grow up in the church? Maybe the outfit she's wearing today is modest compared to what she used to wear and this represents a positive change in her. We can't judge people by their clothing, God is the judge." The most important thing really, is to believe in Jesus. Rules and works come from that. I am also really confused #foolish (sorry, couldn't resist, ruby thing), you are kind of all over the place. Sorry if this offended anyone, it was not intended to.
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Oh... Boys you have no tasted! This is what we women should walk around in all the time...

Pound Foolish wrote:
I actually like these. *gasp*
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Oh... Boys you have no tasted! This is what we women should walk around in all the time...

Pound Foolish wrote:
I actually like these. *gasp*
Right back at ya Ninja. And uh... PF? I WILL NOT WEAR BAGGY SHIRTS PERIOD!
I like the dresses much better. If only they were green... LOL. I love pants personally. No offense, but, alot of the girls I know (practically all of them) wear pants.
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Alright girls...I've found the perfect outfit for us. Very modest and super stylish 8) (albeit it is on a boy in the picture...but never mind that.)
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

Renae wrote:Alright girls...I've found the perfect outfit for us. Very modest and super stylish 8) (albeit it is on a boy in the picture...but never mind that.)
Plus, if you happen to meet any people that you dislike............head down and charge!! :lol:

Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Jimmy Barclay wrote: Plus, if you happen to meet any people that you dislike............head down and charge!! :lol:
I'm literally dying right now.... this was the funniest post I have EVER seen! :lol:
I need a few moments to recover... *breathes deeply after good laugh*
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

Renae wrote:
Jimmy Barclay wrote: Plus, if you happen to meet any people that you dislike............head down and charge!! :lol:
I'm literally dying right now.... this was the funniest post I have EVER seen! :lol:
I need a few moments to recover... *breathes deeply after good laugh*

*Bows*....you're welcome. ;) ;)

Oliver
Cookies & Creme

Renae wrote:Alright girls...I've found the perfect outfit for us. Very modest and super stylish 8) (albeit it is on a boy in the picture...but never mind that.)
HAHAHAHA, Renae!!!
LOTR IS AWESOME
arwen
Caramel Crunch

What the heck!! That's like saying "is it wrong for women to breath?".
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

It's not like that at all. Some people have different opinions and I think that we all should respect them. I don't necessarily think that woman have to wear skirts all the time, but I also think that woman need to be careful, dress modestly, and also enjoy being a woman. Men can't do all the stuff we do, and they would look kinda strange wearing dresses and skirts, don't you think :P
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yeah it would be so odd for a man to wear a skirt.

King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Yeah it would be so odd for a man to wear a skirt.

Is that Liam Neeson? O.o
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yes in the 1995 film "Rob Roy" about Scottish folk hero by the same name. Do you want to tell Liam Neeson that he looks funny in a skirt? Because just remember he has a very specific set of skills with that sword that he has honed over the years from other people making fun of his skirt. :P

But this is just a skirt, it would be totally weird to have a guy wear a dress.

Oh I'm sorry, what was that Charlton Heston? You and Jesus think robes/dresses are pretty cool?

King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie