Historical Episodes

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Alex Jefferson: Irena Sendler is one of my personal heroes! I actually did a school report on her! The people who found out about her have started an organization for the Unsung Heroes. This is the website: https://lowellmilkencenter.org/featured-projects/. I have it on the Featured Projects page, but if you click the logo on the top left, it will take you to the home page. They also started the Irena Sendler Project: http://www.irenasendler.org/. Someone wrote a book about her, "Life in a Jar" by Jack Mayer. It is really good!! try not to cry when you read it.
Take fifteen minutes and look at these!! There are thousands more stories like these, if we could only discover them!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Maybe the name Life In A Jar inspires In Jars Of Clay.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I'm not too big on the historical episodes, but "The Underground Railroad," episodes were some of the best ones AIO has put out ever. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but that three-parter was a masterpiece.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Autumnal wrote:I'm not too big on the historical episodes, but "The Underground Railroad," episodes were some of the best ones AIO has put out ever. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but that three-parter was a masterpiece.
I listened to those today, and feel the same way Autumnal. :yes:
The fact we were given southerners with different beliefs is amazing, and an entirely accurate representation of the effects of slavery. The people used to help the Ross family seemed to based on historical figures, given the descriptions. Each character's accent matched their environment and brought on the imagery clearer. The sound effects were incredible, and the suspense... :clap: :clap: :clap:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

YES!! I have listened to that one and the Sergeant York ones SOOOO many times that if I am listening, I can talk along with all of the characters. I do it too. (I'm weird that way)
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum