The E.R.K. (Emily Rules Klub)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Classify yourself below.

Emily lover
23%
Emily moderate
20%
ERK lover
15%
ERK moderate
11%
I just like contests
11%
I just like castles
20%

Total votes: 61

cheesesoup123
Vanilla

How do you join? Do I just say "Emily Rules!"?
Read my fan fiction
\:D/ \:D/ :yes: :yes: \:D/ \:D/ :wacky:
Polehaus53
Caramel Crunch

Greetings and salutations, cheesesoup123! Welcome to the Emily Rules Klub! Yes, Emily does indeed rule. You have certainly joined the right Klub! Prepare yourself for some fun Emily discussions, contests, theorizing, and more! Here, have some brownies. *hands you a gigantic plateful* We look forward to getting to know you!
Tell us, what is your favorite Emily episode?
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
cheesesoup123
Vanilla

Not what expected from Album 65
Read my fan fiction
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Man, I've been so inactive & distanced from the fan community lately. Not because I've lost my love for Odyssey, but because my life is consumed by other things & I have not had the time to listen to or rant about Odyssey. I have been also really bad at keeping up with my favorite Odyssey podcasts! I'm sure I'll be more involved on here again in the summer & hopefully, I can come on a tad more regularly in general.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 pm
By the way, has anyone listened to the Raspberry Ripple Podcast's interview with Atticus Shaffer? Apparently Atticus Shaffer ships Emily and Morrie. :? :|
To be fair, he was only afforded the option of characters he had already interacted with. She's really the only option for a romantic interest but a terrible one at that.

Welcome cheesesoup123!! We're happy to have you!! As you may have been able to tell, we've been a bit inactive lately but I'm hoping I'll be able to come on more frequently and help liven this klub up a bit.

EDIT: I had been unable to post for the last several days, but I guess the error on my end has been resolved. Thank goodness :) I'm glad to be back.
Polehaus53
Caramel Crunch

Happy St. Patrick's Day, E.R.K.! Don't forget to wear green. I suggest wearing a green sweater, just like Emily! \:D/ :mrgreen:
Monica Stone wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:56 pm
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 pm
By the way, has anyone listened to the Raspberry Ripple Podcast's interview with Atticus Shaffer? Apparently Atticus Shaffer ships Emily and Morrie. :? :|
To be fair, he was only afforded the option of characters he had already interacted with. She's really the only option for a romantic interest but a terrible one at that.

Welcome cheesesoup123!! We're happy to have you!! As you may have been able to tell, we've been a bit inactive lately but I'm hoping I'll be able to come on more frequently and help liven this klub up a bit.
Oh, yeah. I must have missed that point. But agreed, Emily is not a good choice! :x
Good to see you back, and I look forward to getting this klub more active!
And welcome again, cheesesoup123! Don't be shy and feel free to join in our discussions!

By the way, I just discovered that the Soda Shop has an E.R.K. usergroup that we can join! Just go to your user control panel, click on the "usergroups" tab and select the option called "The ERK". One of the group leaders (Either Pound Foolish, Aftershocker, or Rosy) will have to approve you, and then the group will be displayed in your profile. I recently requested permission to join the usergroup, so I suggest everyone else do the same.

I am still in the process of reading through the pages of our opposing klub, the K.R.E., trying to get ideas for activities we can do on here. I'm almost done, and have some ideas which I will share once I finish.

Until then, let's discuss Emily!

ERK Special Topic Starter
Emily's latest episode was in "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off", in album 70: Finding A Way.
What did everyone think about her interactions with Morrie, Suzu, Buck, and Jay? And the last scene where she blows up at Morrie and Suzu? And when they ask her to join their "team"? Do you think she will accept their offer to join their team? Album 71: A Slippery Slope, is set to release in the Adventures in Odyssey Club this summer. It has been confirmed that the first episode in it will be called "The Team", and will have the theme of teamwork. I'm assuming that it will pick up from where "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" left off. What do you think this episode will begin with? Emily declining or accepting their offer? What will the episode's plot be? Let's discuss!
(Hopefully those were enough questions to have an active conversation. :anxious:)
"Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" has not aired on the radio yet, so until it does, let's try to keep everything about it in spoilers.

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
cheesesoup123
Vanilla

I think that Let's call the whole thing off was weird. Honestly, Morris and Suzu shouldn't have asked, but i guess that's part of the plotline so we'll just have to see how it goes...
Read my fan fiction
Belle
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Polehaus53 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:21 pm
By the way, I just discovered that the Soda Shop has an E.R.K. usergroup that we can join! Just go to your user control panel, click on the "usergroups" tab and select the option called "The ERK". One of the group leaders (Either Pound Foolish, Aftershocker, or Rosy) will have to approve you, and then the group will be displayed in your profile. I recently requested permission to join the usergroup, so I suggest everyone else do the same.
Or as none of them are super active anymore (not that I am either lol), send me a PM requesting to be in the usergroup and I will add you in asap!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Polehaus53
Caramel Crunch

Huzzah! I've been approved into the E.R.K. usergroup! \:D/
Belle wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:18 pm
Polehaus53 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:21 pm
Or as none of them are super active anymore (not that I am either lol), send me a PM requesting to be in the usergroup and I will add you in asap!
Thanks, Belle! I'll remember that in the future. Good to see you back, by the way.
Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:54 pm
Whenever Emily's story about her fallout with the Rydells comes to a close, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote her off the show. If, say, the arc ends with her remaining a solo detective, she may be phased off the show. I personally think there are many stories you could tell with her character, but the writers might just want to write her off after her part in the Rydell arc comes to a close. She is the longest-running kid character in real-life time (followed very closely by Jay). The writers seem to have phased the Parkers out, Emily might be next.
(I thought I responded to this. I must have missed it.) What you’re saying does make sense. The Odyssey team seems to be moving on to a new era of characters. The Perkins family, the Calhoun family, and lots of other new characters. Emily may indeed be next. But I sincerely hope Emily does not get written off the show. :pray: There definitely are other things that can be done with her, especially considering the prominent role she is currently playing in this Rydell storyline. We’ll just have to see how the rest of the Rydell Saga goes.

"Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off" airs on the radio and online on April 10. Discussion about this unaired episode is contained in the spoiler. Read at your own risk.
cheesesoup123 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:25 pm
I think that Let's call the whole thing off was weird. Honestly, Morris and Suzu shouldn't have asked, but i guess that's part of the plotline so we'll just have to see how it goes...
I agree that the episode was a bit odd. And I agree, the Rydell kids should not have asked Emily to join their team. What is this team they're referring to? A detective agency? We'll have to see what happens in the next episode.

Although there were some things that didn't make sense, I liked "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off". Emily's interactions with Morrie and Suzu were great. The last scene with her blowing up at them was excellent. Jay also had some hilarious lines, and Emily was a genius as usual. Emily RULES! (In case I didn't mention this before. ;))

Now, as far as the first episode in album 71, "The Team", is concerned, let's just say that I'm concerned. :lol: Here is a basic outline of some of the things I think will happen:
I predict that the episode will begin with Chris giving a "previously on Adventures in Odyssey" intro, and then the episode picking up where "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" left off. I think that it will start with Emily initially refusing to join their team. I assume this "team" they're inviting her to join is a detective agency they're forming, since Matthew is no longer doing mysteries.

Anyway, I think Emily will refuse to join them and perhaps walk away. However, throughout the episode they will reason with her and get her to join. And I think Whit will encourage her to join them. I don't think the entirety of the episode will be about her trying to figure out whether to join their team. I don't know how she will be convinced, but somehow Emily will reluctantly agree to join their team. Either that, or the three of them will get thrown together and be forced to work as a team. Which actually sounds more likely.

Since we know that the episode's theme is "Teamwork", I think its plot will involve a mystery. Soon after Emily agrees to join the team (As we've discussed on the previous page, "The Jones and Rydell Detective Agency" sounds terrible and this had better not be the name of their team!), they stumble into a mystery. Hopefully not a fake one, but a real one. During this mystery, Emily and Morrie and Suzu will work together on something as a team, temporarily putting their disagreements aside.
(Hey, you know what would be cool? If it was a life-threatening situation similar to what Morrie did to Emily in “A Sacrificial Escape”. Then Morrie could also be traumatized! HA! Okay, no, I'm not really serious. But it would be interesting if that was the case.)

Oh, and Morrie will say the word “good” in this episode. That’s probably most likely to happen if nothing else. :lol:

I’m not sure how it will end. Perhaps with Emily either warming up to the Rydell kids or being even colder towards them than before. I don't know. But we know that Emily will lose her faith in this album (and hopefully will get it back by the end of it), so I predict that something will happen in this episode that will lead up to it. Maybe Emily runs into Whit and questions everything he says, or Morrie will challenge her faith, or something. Either way, it will cause Emily question her faith, which will result in her ultimately losing it in another episode in this album.
Those are a few of my theories. Anyone else have any thoughts?

cheesesoup123
Vanilla

Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 pm
(Hey, you know what would be cool? If it was a life-threatening situation similar to what Morrie did to Emily in “A Sacrificial Escape”. Then Morrie could also be traumatized! HA! Okay, no, I'm not really serious. But it would be interesting if that was the case.)
Lol, it would be funny if Morris was traumatized. Maybe then he'll face up to the fact that what he did was wrong. I would like to see what consequences they have, like Whit mentioned. I'd also like to see Whit and the Rydells together. I wonder how it's working out. Emily will most likely end up joining the team? I don't know, I guess AIO wouldn't even bother to bring it up if Emily said no, because then it would just cancel out and be non-existent in the saga? :mad:
Somehow, Emily will lose her faith, I don't know how that's going to happen, but maybe if she joins the Rydells, she will start solving cases or doing stuff with them and such. Maybe she'll become affected by them, influenced, and stop believing in God. Like, she would question why she needs faith?

Also, after seeing the album cover art, I tried to zoom in, tho it isn't the best quality. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a blond person on the stretcher. Could be emily? I think Higher than our Ways (grief) is about the cover. Maybe something tragic happens to her that causes her to lose her faith! Like if she got injured and God didn't heal her or something like that, then she would decide that it was useless to believe in God and lose her faith.

Edit: Though if it was Emily, I would wonder why she was skiing with Zoe and Olivia, because it's not like they have been friends.

Crazy idea: What if the person was Whit that got injured. I know that it's a little out-of-this-world but it could happen... I mean that would defiantly cause grief but then he would obviously get better, because there is no way Odyssey would harm him with only a 1 parter

Any ideas? All in all, I'm so excited for the new album, I might end up liking it more than Album 70.
Read my fan fiction
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Excellent thoughts, everyone. I don't have time to reply to you guys individually but I'll share my general theories for the future of Miss Emily Jones.

"Higher Than Our Ways" probably depicts the cover art. It could be a horrible attempt at a pun (hahaha ski lifts are high...right? so funny!). But the theme is grief. And like...if Emily goes through another traumatic incident...yeah grief is a fitting theme. Zoe, Olivia, and Emily would probably appear together...the disaster trio that Wilson referred to in "The Christmas Bells." If Emily falls from a ski lift, I'll definitely feel bad for my gal, but it'll make Wilson's "one of three will fall" so hilariously on the nose. It will be both literal and metaphorical. Also, does Emily need to be traumatized more to start questioning her life and faith? She's already been through so much but I can see how an accident would be the tipping point for her. But geez, the writing team has it out for her.

On the latest Official Podcast, Phil confirmed that he and Marshal Younger are collaborating on the storyline hinted at towards the end of "The Christmas Bells." This checks out because Marshal Younger mentioned at Sonic Con how he pitched a storyline about a character losing her faith and it was approved and in development.

Also...
Please let Emily Jones rest.
Why are all of my all-time favorite characters destined for relentless pain? It makes my attachment to them very grief-inducing.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:05 pm
If Emily falls from a ski lift, I'll definitely feel bad for my gal, but it'll make Wilson's "one of three will fall" so hilariously on the nose. It will be both literal and metaphorical. Also, does Emily need to be traumatized more to start questioning her life and faith? She's already been through so much but I can see how an accident would be the tipping point for her. But geez, the writing team has it out for her.
Holy cow though, I would absolutely lose it! I get "Worst Day Ever" vibes from this scenario, where you are enjoying the episode but at the same time, you just want the suffering to end (especially with the reveal about Mandy's cat at the end :( big sad).
Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:05 pm
On the latest Official Podcast, Phil confirmed that he and Marshal Younger are collaborating on the storyline hinted at towards the end of "The Christmas Bells." This checks out because Marshal Younger mentioned at Sonic Con how he pitched a storyline about a character losing her faith and it was approved and in development.
I'm actually really excited Marshal is hopping on board for this one. I think currently he is probably my favorite writer in terms of themes and stuff like that. Not that I don't trust our man Phil, but having Marshal along just puts me at ease a bit, especially seeing how he's dealt with delicate issues as of late.
*Finger guns aggressively*
ASmouseInTheHouse
Caramel Crunch

Not to change the subject or anything, but I recently wrote this poem about Emily and the Rydell Saga. Mainly because former members of the ERK wrote a few poems, so I decided to give it a try. But I don't think poetry has ever been one of my strong points... :wacky:
Just for background:
Emily is addressing Morrie; the first stanza is about A Sacrificial Escape, the second about Further From the Truth, and the third sort of about Let's Call the Whole Thing Off.
Emily's Rebuttal
I thought, "This is real"
But we didn't make the deal
We escaped from death
Grateful for every breath
Only to hear you reveal,
It wasn't real

This is real
But something was wrong, I could feel
Pieces wouldn't fit
Nothing made sense, not a bit
Time your I.S. game did steal
And I realized, "That wasn't real"

You tricked me to think, "This is real"
How long will it take for me to heal?
You said you were a friend
As far as I'm concerned, this is the end
I don't know what's your deal
But you can be sure THIS IS REAL
So...was it bad? :oops:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."