The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I finished the War of the Spider Queen series(depressing as heck), finished the final book of the Ranger's Apprentice series, and now I'm thinking of starting to read "The case for Faith" by Lee Strobel.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

What did you think of the Ranger's Apprentice? I finished it as well, and thought it was really interesting. :)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Stella C. wrote:What did you think of the Ranger's Apprentice? I finished it as well, and thought it was really interesting. :)
I liked all of them, but I thought the last one "The Royal Ranger" was pretty weak. There were so many flaws and things that I don't think should have happened... :?
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Wakko
Pistachio

Just finished Catching Fire. :mrgreen: Really good book! Now onto Mockingjay.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I just finished The Hunger Games while I was in Brazil!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Helios
Butter Pecan

Stayed up til 1:30 last night reading Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. Reminds me again of why Aethelbald is the greatest Prince ever.... *swoons*
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

FINALLY,
the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe!!
YESS!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird and I'm reading the Septimus Heap series.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I'm reading Divergent. I wanted to see what it was like. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do--it's hard to put it down.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mara
Pistachio

Ameraka wrote:I'm reading Divergent. I wanted to see what it was like. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do--it's hard to put it down.
I completely agree. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Reading "The Ishbane Conspiracy" by Randy Alcorn and his daughters. Pretty interesting.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Just started (like 2 weeks ago, but I'm only on chapter one... I need time to read!!) Imposter by Davis Bunn. It's good so far.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Wakko
Pistachio

Just finished Mockingjay. A lot better then I thought it was gonna be.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I finally finished The Homelander Series. Soooo good! I had been procrastinating for the longest time. So three days ago, I just decided to finish it. I was in the middle of book 3 then went right into book 4. I read for 4 and a half hours at night on the 2nd, then woke up and read for 3 and 40 minutes. XD I read from pages 738 to 1119 in 8 hours.

Gurl. That is a lot of reading. O_O Then I was super tired the rest of the day. XD
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote:I finally finished The Homelander Series. Soooo good!
Well, it's about time! O.o

;) I'm glad you enjoyed it, *coughs* I think it's pretty obvious how much I like the series ;) But, ya know, it's amazing!! What was your favorite part??
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Stella C. wrote:What was your favorite part??
I loved all of the violent/shootout/fighting parts... *whistles* Oh yes. I soaked it all up like a sponge. For example, the fight at the beginning of book two where Charlie is in the bathroom and a bad guy comes in and tries to beat him up. B~| The way the fight ended made me cringe for the bad guy. XD (Don't really want to give away the end for those who haven't read the book yet.)
I did really like the parts with Beth and Charlie.

Also, I found the ending to be a bit anticlimactic. I don't want to give it away, but I was slightly underwhelmed. :/ But that doesn't deviate from the fact that the whole story was absolutely enticing!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'm enjoying Divergent as well. There's just nothing not to like. It's contemporary, exciting, mildly gritty, Christian, and very romantic. Not to mention it's ridiculously easy reading. It reminded me of the Percy Jackson books. I could read it in my sleep. Here's to the movie, may it be as good as the Hunger Games.
  • "Pound Foolish, I just adoreee arguing with you! Here, have an eyeball."
~Suzy Lou Foolish

As the founder of the E.R.K., may I say: Emily RULES!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

@Ben: Ya, I read the ending and sat there, like " O.o That's all?!" But the rest of the story. was. amazing. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed each and every fight scene..... *CC whistling smiley* The motorcycle chase was so cool ;)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:I'm enjoying Divergent as well. There's just nothing not to like. It's contemporary, exciting, mildly gritty, Christian, and very romantic. Not to mention it's ridiculously easy reading. It reminded me of the Percy Jackson books. I could read it in my sleep. Here's to the movie, may it be as good as the Hunger Games.
I need to read the next one as soon as I can order it from the library. It's interesting that it has some Christian content--or at least it mentioned God a few times, and the author thanked God in her acknowledgements. I'm wondering if the series gets more Christian as it goes along, or is it just a part of its background?

Now, I'm really looking forward to the movie. I also hope it lives up to its source!

The next book I've started reading is The Truth of the Matter.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mara
Pistachio

FINALLY got Insurgent from the library after being on hold for a month and a half! I started it last night and got to chapter 6. It's good so far but has sort of a different feel.