Owl City

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Absolute big fan, though Good Time, indeed, is thoroughly average. Fun, but unremarkable.
As for whether Adam is a Christian or not... duh, he might be, considering he's made a zillion Christian songs, yah think? ;)
I geeked out when the first song on Wreck it Ralph (an ingenious and amazingly touching film, somewhat to my surprise) and that is very in tune with his earlier style, while still containing a lot of some of his newer directions. I and my sibs loved the song, and upon coming home, we watched the music video over and over until you'd think we'd be going crazy, but instead we loved it. Love him or hate him, Adam is a pro.
  • "Pound Foolish, I just adoreee arguing with you! Here, have an eyeball."
~Suzy Lou Foolish
Victoria
Strawberry

Pound Foolish wrote:I geeked out when the first song on Wreck it Ralph
I fell asleep listening to that last night!! :D hahaha
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10 <3

My best friend and I have a blog, check it out! http://bestieswithablog.blogspot.com/
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I really love that song too, PF! I listen to it every chance I get! Which might be to much, now that I think about it...
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

Ok, I spent all night yestarday watching Youtube videos...now I have an opinion....Owl City is AWESOMENESS in it's purest form! Now i can't decide who i like best, One Direction or Owl City!
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Victoria
Strawberry

someone please tell me she did not just compare Owl City to that boy band.. *shudders*
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10 <3

My best friend and I have a blog, check it out! http://bestieswithablog.blogspot.com/
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Odysseygirl101 wrote:Ok, I spent all night yestarday watching Youtube videos...now I have an opinion....Owl City is AWESOMENESS in it's purest form! Now i can't decide who i like best, One Direction or Owl City!
I know right........ummm Maybe one der......no...Owl ci......I CANT DECIDE!!!
Mara
Pistachio

Nelson S. wrote:I really love Owl City! The style of music, his voice, his beliefs. Despite what some people think, I consider him a Christian artist. Which makes it even better for me!
A lot of his songs sound like they have Christain references in them, like Alligator Sky(one of my favorites!) I really like owl city. Adam Young grew up in a small town in Minnesota called Owatonna. My cousins live there and one of them goes to his old high school where he signed a big poster and his locker there. It's pretty cool!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Okay, I think "When Can I See You Again" is much better than "Good Time". Truthfully, I kind of geeked out too when I heard it. My heart sort of jumped and swelled up like it always does when I hear a really good song. It's always a strange feeling, and it's the second time it's happened with an Owl City song, the first time being Fireflies. I'm cautiously optimistic about this guy's future in the musical world, as I believe The Midsummer Station was overall pretty disappointing. However, with cliche yet good songs like "When Can I See You Again?", I think Adam has a chance to get back on track.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Have you checked out the other demos and stuff he's been releasing on his blog? He's got some really cool sounding stuff coming out, I guess on the next record.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

OG.... You've got to be joking. Owl City is WAY better than 1D
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've checked it out before, Garrett. I like the stuff he has on there. :D
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

I like Owl City, but I think that Sky Sailing is more my style. :D
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I think he's ok... But I like the Jellyrox more! ;)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

What fisrt struck me was his voice sounded different then anything I had heard before, and it was awesome. He is great, and I am sure he is some sort of Christian, my Christian radio station plays him, and what about this song? http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=FJB0B1NU (One of my favorite songs, and not just of his) It's blatantly saying God is savior.
~ Walker in Dreams
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I love that song Arkán! One of my favorites is Hospital Flowers :D *sighs* I love how it's so melodramatic... It's so me! I also like Honey and the Bee... But that's just me ;)
Mara
Pistachio

In a recent Clubhouse Magazine High Voltage (I think it's called) Bob Smithouser says he really admires Adam, and he says a lot of good things about him. And yes, he is a Christian.
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

I have only heard one of Owl City's songs, but I loved it. I heard Fireflies on a website or in a store and ever since then I just loved how it sounded.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Mara
Pistachio

This is pretty cool!
Ryliebug
Vanilla

I dont dislike Owl City and I dont know if they are Christians, but some of there music is good! O.o
I'm a happy person!
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

I own all 5 Owl City albums, and I like his music
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out