Crushes

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Godsgirl6153 wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:Wow. That's awful, God'sgirl! But you HAVE to say hi! I mean, would it be that weird? It isn't very unusual for people to pay a visit to friends they haven't spoken to for a long time. Yes, it is if they live across the street... But, once you were passed any awkwardness, you could just have conversations. Slowly get to know him better over the next few months. If you became friends again, you could ask your parents about popping the question. On the other hand, maybe YOU don't like the idea of all that. Maybe YOU don't feel ready for that kind of closeness to somebody. If so... well, I wouldn't like to be in your place, but that may be wise. On the other hand, just possibly, maybe not... it's all up to you.
I can't hang out with him if my parents don't know about him, Pound Foolish. They probably don't even realize that I still like him. Last night, I asked my mom what was the first instrument she thought of as romantic, and she looked at me like I was totally nuts. Telling my parents that I wanted to go say hi to them would be super weird. I feel super awkward now around any boys, and its not because I like or don't like them, I have a theory as why I feel this way, but it is a long story. Also, I don't understand what you are saying at the bottom of your post
Isn't it interesting that I am taking romance advice from a boy?
It is very interesting. I'm not sure how fluent PF is in the area of romance, but I'm sure he knows something about it. Anyway, yes, it is starting to become a little awkward for me with girls, but probably not as much as you guys, cause I'm a lot younger than you people. (I'm 11.) I couldn't imagine asking my parents if I could date, but, when the time comes, I might have to.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

You're ELEVEN!? Wow. That's one of the great things about computer talk. I could tell Wooton was pretty young but you're so mature and funny, and your blog is soooo good, and you have such amazing writing talents with you AIC... well, a ton of reasons, but I thought you were at least a teen! I don't often make friends with significantly younger kids (though I have a few, and love them!) but now I have with you! Awesome!
As for the awkwardness issues, I don't really have that problem very badly. In fact, my two closest friends are girls! I have as much guy friends as the next male, but I tend to be just as comfortable among women. As a little kid, even, I never saw much sense in the whole "cooties" philosophy. So, basically, I count myself very lucky.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I never was into cooties either. Hmmm, now that I know how old you are, I wonder if I am older than you. Just out of curiosity, what month is your birthday in? (if you don't feel comfortable saying this, thats okay.)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Godsgirl6153 wrote:I never was into cooties either. Hmmm, now that I know how old you are, I wonder if I am older than you. Just out of curiosity, what month is your birthday in? (if you don't feel comfortable saying this, thats okay.)
Oh no, I'm perfectly comfortable saying the month. September of this year is when I'll turn 12. Why, are you 11 too? Once again, it's okay if you don't want to say...

And yes, PF, I am 11. It feels odd that most of the people on here are like 15, since I don't usually talk to 15-year olds much. And I've been told I have a talent for writing, so that's probably why I seem more mature than I am when I write. I think you'd find that, if we met, I wouldn't be different at all from normal 11-year olds.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
Godsgirl6153 wrote:I never was into cooties either. Hmmm, now that I know how old you are, I wonder if I am older than you. Just out of curiosity, what month is your birthday in? (if you don't feel comfortable saying this, thats okay.)
Oh no, I'm perfectly comfortable saying the month. September of this year is when I'll turn 12. Why, are you 11 too? Once again, it's okay if you don't want to say...

And yes, PF, I am 11. It feels odd that most of the people on here are like 15, since I don't usually talk to 15-year olds much. And I've been told I have a talent for writing, so that's probably why I seem more mature than I am when I write. I think you'd find that, if we met, I wouldn't be different at all from normal 11-year olds.
Oops, I meant Pound Foolish. I definitely know that I am older than you, Creative Thinker. I am in the 16-18 category. (In fact, my sister is older than you!) I was wondering if I was older than Pound Foolish.

I pretty much only have friends that are at least a year older or younger than me. I can think of 2 that aren't one is the aforementioned friend with the, ahem, cute brother, and the other is my best friend.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Ok. For a second, I was surprised that you could be 11. Yes, I've been wondering how old PF is as well.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

i've stated my age on here before. Seventeen. Coooooooooooll, huh? But not stating month. Too much personal information on this site from me already. I totally trust YOU, God'sgirl, (though not T.S., ;) ) But the tons of spammers and stuff that poke around here, not so much. I'm not an internet safety freak, I exchange email with people I've only met on line very occasionally, and that kinda thing. On the other hand, I don't really know (for absolutely sure) if revealing my exact date of birth is so much of a problem or not. I'd have to look it up or ask my parents.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Pound Foolish wrote: As for the awkwardness issues, I don't really have that problem very badly. In fact, my two closest friends are girls! I have as much guy friends as the next male, but I tend to be just as comfortable among women. As a little kid, even, I never saw much sense in the whole "cooties" philosophy. So, basically, I count myself very lucky.
Ha, I feel the exact same way. I'm generally a pretty confident guy. I only ever feel awkward when singing in front of people.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm also 17.

EDIT: I just checked out your blog Suzy, HOLY STINK! Did you do the design yourself? What program did you use? Everything about the site looks fantastic, you're a great photographer!
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:i've stated my age on here before. Seventeen. Coooooooooooll, huh? But not stating month. Too much personal information on this site from me already. I totally trust YOU, God'sgirl, (though not T.S., ;) ) But the tons of spammers and stuff that poke around here, not so much. I'm not an internet safety freak, I exchange email with people I've only met on line very occasionally, and that kinda thing. On the other hand, I don't really know (for absolutely sure) if revealing my exact date of birth is so much of a problem or not. I'd have to look it up or ask my parents.
Wow, you're seventeen! That's amazing! I feel so incredibly young now... :lol:
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Since the above 2 have stated their ages, I am 17 as well. :) (Just like you Pound Foolish, I am not sure about revealing the month.)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I'm 11
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Wooton Bassett wrote:I'm 11
I'm 12. So I don't need to worry about Crushes. Really why worry. I'm standing up for Purity.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

HannahJ. wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:I'm 11
I'm 12. So I don't need to worry about Crushes. Really why worry. I'm standing up for Purity.
Crushes are a part of nature. The purpose of love and marriage is so that - well, you know. God meant for men and women to be joined as one. Without love and marriage, we wouldn't be here! It's okay to not have crushes, but saying that crushes and marriage is inpure, is, in a way, going against the Bible. God encourages love, as long as we dont get to obssessive about it. Then were getting into something called lust, which is one of the Seaven Deadly Sins. AIO has many of it's kid characters have crushes. Crushes are not inpure. They're a big part of life.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Aaron Wiley wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote: As for the awkwardness issues, I don't really have that problem very badly. In fact, my two closest friends are girls! I have as much guy friends as the next male, but I tend to be just as comfortable among women. As a little kid, even, I never saw much sense in the whole "cooties" philosophy. So, basically, I count myself very lucky.
Ha, I feel the exact same way. I'm generally a pretty confident guy. I only ever feel awkward when singing in front of people.

In case anyone was wondering, I'm also 17.

EDIT: I just checked out your blog Suzy, HOLY STINK! Did you do the design yourself? What program did you use? Everything about the site looks fantastic, you're a great photographer!
Thank you, Aaron! No, I didn't design it, unfortunately. My friend Stephanie did...her design site is at the veryy bottom on my blog. She's got some daggum talent.

And Mr. Thinker, that was very true. You are indeed quite mature for your age.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

What about me? Am I not mature for my age too.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Uhhh...why yes, of course you are, Wooton=P
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote: And Mr. Thinker, that was very true. You are indeed quite mature for your age.
Yes. Sometimes I surprise myself with my extreme amount of maturity. (Just kidding! :lol: ) And yes, your website design is quite good, Miss Lou. Wooton, you are indeed mature for your age. Most 11 year-olds wouldn't have the nerve to interact with people who are five years older than them as if they were the same age. But you and I do. Let's both give ourselves a pat on the back.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Goodness! Your becoming as vain as Jeremiah, Mr. Thinker! (Just kidding, Pound Foolish!:D) But yes, you boys are both very mature and I'll give y'all a pat on the back as well. By the way, I feel a little left out around here, everybody is either around 11 or 17 on this topic and I'm left smack in the middle.=/
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:Goodness! Your becoming as vain as Jeremiah, Mr. Thinker! (Just kidding, Pound Foolish!:D) But yes, you boys are both very mature and I'll give y'all a pat on the back as well. By the way, I feel a little left out around here, everybody is either around 11 or 17 on this topic and I'm left smack in the middle.=/
Don't feel bad. Being smack in the middle, in this case, is the best place to be, because you can relate to both ages. I'm the middle child in my family, so I can talk to both my older brother and younger sister completely on their level.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That is so amazing, Mr. Thinker. And, don't worry Suzy, I'll forgive your for being 14-15 and not shun you. ;) Amazing reply to Hannah, Mr. Thinker. I just can't get over what an amazingly sophisticated debater, writer and thinker you are at eleven... Well, get this. A cousin came over from Washington State, and we went to a theme park and ended up talking about crushes. She advised me to ask the girl out some time. I may, but it'll be a while... she's only thirteen. I can't very well date a thirteen year old at my age without making it look like I'm some kind of total weirdo. Possibly when she's a bit older, but we'll see...