Ask me about anything involving electronic devices.

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Jay
Caramel Crunch

Gaberk wrote:I believe you already know the answer to that.
:P
Gaberk wrote:Depends on the hardware and price.
Very true.
Gaberk wrote:AMD
Really? I am strong Intel.
Gaberk wrote:Would PCI-e be a PC hardware component?
I believe hyper threading has something to do with the Internet, but I'm not sure what. Then again, all I did was make an educated guess. :p
Close. ;)

You said earlier that you could build a computer if you had the parts so I was just wondering if you knew those terms.
I got a certification called A+ and had to learn a bunch of those terms.

Hyperthreading is a feature that i7 processors have that i5 etc don't. (not going to take the time to explain what it does)
PCI-e is a connector type used on Motherboards to connect expansion cards. (you were basically right)
~Jay the geek
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Gaberk wrote:
Jay wrote:AMD or Intel?
AMD
*spits out water*
...just...why?
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Don't know if this would apply to electronic devices, but which Internet browser do you find works the best/ is the most customizable? :P
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

@MnM, it most certainly does! Out of Apple's Safari, Kindle's Silk, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome, I've found that Google Chrome is the over all best.

@Jay, Thank you for clearing those terms up for me! Also, I like AMD better simply from my opinion, I could look at the actual stats, but I'm too lazy to take the time to. :P
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Jay
Caramel Crunch

SirWhit wrote:*spits out water*
...just...why?
I was thinking the same thing. :P
Gaberk wrote:@MnM, it most certainly does! Out of Apple's Safari, Kindle's Silk, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome, I've found that Google Chrome is the over all best.
I always liked google chrome too. Their now is Microsoft Edge but it is not very good. I had crash numerous times and right when I was busy too.
Chrome is also available on Mac as well.
~Jay the geek
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Yeah, I personally think that they should have put in a few more testing hours. :p
ImageImageImage
Jay
Caramel Crunch

*reads older post

Emma makes one sarcastic joke.
Emma wrote:What is jailbreak? Some kind of game that only boys are into?
The rest of the world blows up.

You guys are pathetic!

Emma's joke didn't even mention video games.
Emma's joke didn't say that playing games in for boys.
Emma's joke was just stating what she imagine what "jailbraking" was.

And a lot of people (*does not mention any names) are saying that is stereotyping and that is mean to girl gamers. :?:
WOW you guys are touchy!

If there is someone is the world that would get offended at that joke then my words for them is "grow a backbone".

That is a simple sarcastic joke and Emma does not deserve to be treated like that. Nor anyone else!

This not the first time I've seen this happen.

If a "homesexual" or "atheist" gets on here (*does not mention any names) we immediately make sure nobody "offends" or "judges" them. But then we go right ahead and "bomb" Miss Friendship's about what they believe.

Huh :?: :?: :?:

Telling Homosexuals that God hates their lifestyle is judging but destroying Emma for a joke is totally cool. And homosexuals are in far more eternal danger then Emma and her joke. But we a tell Emma that she should not have done that but not homosexuals. We can judge all we want until we are talking about what God calls sin. Then we have to be very careful not to hurt anyone.
Matthew 10:22 says we will be hated of all men.
The bible says we need to take up the cross and follow him. Luke 9:23

Now before you delete this post lay the wild card "stop judging" and kick me of the SS stop and think.

I have to go now and probably will never come back.

Thanks
~Jay the geek
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Those posts were from a couple years ago, but I completely agree with your summary. Although I'm pretty sure it was a misunderstanding.
ImageImageImage
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Jay wrote:*reads older post

Emma makes one sarcastic joke.
Emma wrote:What is jailbreak? Some kind of game that only boys are into?
The rest of the world blows up.

You guys are pathetic!

Emma's joke didn't even mention video games.
Emma's joke didn't say that playing games in for boys.
Emma's joke was just stating what she imagine what "jailbraking" was.

And a lot of people (*does not mention any names) are saying that is stereotyping and that is mean to girl gamers. :?:
WOW you guys are touchy!

If there is someone is the world that would get offended at that joke then my words for them is "grow a backbone".

That is a simple sarcastic joke and Emma does not deserve to be treated like that. Nor anyone else!

This not the first time I've seen this happen.

If a "homesexual" or "atheist" gets on here (*does not mention any names) we immediately make sure nobody "offends" or "judges" them. But then we go right ahead and "bomb" Miss Friendship's about what they believe.

Huh :?: :?: :?:

Telling Homosexuals that God hates their lifestyle is judging but destroying Emma for a joke is totally cool. And homosexuals are in far more eternal danger then Emma and her joke. But we a tell Emma that she should not have done that but not homosexuals. We can judge all we want until we are talking about what God calls sin. Then we have to be very careful not to hurt anyone.
The bible says we need to take up the cross and follow him. Luke 9:23

Now before you delete this post lay the wild card "stop judging" and kick me of the SS stop and think.

I have to go now and probably will never come back.

Thanks
I'm sorry, what?

OK. News flash.

MISUNDERSTANDINGS HAPPEN. That was one of them. It's in the past. Leave it be.

Alright. Now that that's over with, time for the rebuttal.

1) Drop the pathetic line. That doesn't fly here.

2) I agree that we maybe have treated Miss Friendship a little harshly at times. BUT. You fail to provide any examples of when we "judge all we want until we talk about sin." Seriously. Name one time and then we can have this conversation.

3) I'm sorry, what? Why would we delete your post for judging? (when it's not even technically against the rules? :P) Are you under the impression that we're some kind of free-speech hating, censorship-loving, fascist regime that doesn't allow any opinions other than that of the administration? Because that's not true. And if you think so you are sadly mistaken. In fact, most if not all of the administration is Republican :P

We still want you here. Like I said earlier, misunderstandings happen and this is one of them. So maybe rethink your decision (if you ever see this lol). So if you end up seeing this, please think about it and pray about it, and maybe we can continue this discussion if you still have concerns.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Yeah, doesn't say to hate others.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Just to add something here. Jay has no plans of coming back, so I doubt this conversation will continue. His rant was a build up of observing different things around here, some of which I can agree with, but I do think his delivery should have had some grace involved.

As for treating me harshly, I have never taken offense to that. I am brutal myself at times. So don't think I was behind that statement.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

I believe that this is the same situation. It's over, Jay has made his decision, all we can do is pray for him. No use arguing about it.
ImageImageImage
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Alright then. Good riddance.

*washes his hands and leaves this in the past*
sing
Raspberry Ripple

SirWhit wrote:Alright then. Good riddance.

*washes his hands and leaves this in the past*
Sorry, but was that really necessary?

Good bye Jay. I will miss your sense of humor and how you just say things the way you see them, no beating around the bush. :-)

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Jay
Caramel Crunch

Just to clarify, I am not leaving because I am mad or anything. It is because I am not aloud to get on here anymore.

And also. I am not a good writer and that last post came on a little stronger then it was supposed to.
I am not mad at you guys at all. I was just upset at the way you were acting and not happy the way the word "judging" is taken way out of contexted. But it came out a little too strong and I apologize for that.

good-by everyone!
~Jay the geek
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Goodbye Jay. I'm going to miss you around here. :cry:

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Seeya Jay :( Maybe you can get back on in a year or so. ;)
ImageImageImage
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Does this still have anything to do with electronic devices?
Anyway, is there anyway to make a playlist on a sony walkman of songs in different folders?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Connie G. wrote:Does this still have anything to do with electronic devices?
Anyway, is there anyway to make a playlist on a sony walkman of songs in different folders?
You want to put different playlists into folders? honestly, I'm a little bit confused as to what you want to know. I will look more into the subject.

-- Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 pm --

This website shows how to make a playlist, if that's what you where wondering http://smallbusiness.chron.com/make-pla ... 55423.html
ImageImageImage
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Well I know how to make a playlist, but say I had three songs (1,2,3) in folder A, and three songs (4,5,6) in folder B. Is there a way I could put songs 2, 3, and 6 in one playlist?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games