I Love Lucy

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I Love Lucy

Is anyone a fan of this show? I've been watching it a lot lately, and I'm convinced it's the greatest TV show of all time. For those of you who don't know, (though I'm sure everyone's heard of it at some point), I Love Lucy was a popular television show from the 50s that followed the escapades of Lucy Ricardo, her friend Ethel Mertz, her husband Fred, and her husband Ricky. It is a true madcap comedy; Lucy concocts a variety of hilarious schemes based on what's going on in her life.

The thing about this show that draws you in is the extraordinarily strong characters. For one thing, there are only 5 regular characters on the show: the four I mentioned earlier, and Lucy and Ricky's son, Little Ricky. By watching the show, you truly get to know these characters. You care about them. And I don't toss the idea of caring about fictional characters lightly, you wouldn't hear me say this about a thousand other shows. The characters all have refreshingly distinct personalities: Lucy is a hilarious housewife who tries to get herself out of trouble but winds up creating more, Ricky is a Cuban with a quick temper, Ethel is a loving friend who always winds up involved with Lucy's schemes, and Fred is the cynical "Bernard" of the show.

The jokes are in general quite fresh, and the plot always heads in interesting directions, episode after episode. Nearly every show in the entire I Love Lucy catalog is hilarious and appealing. It's a delectable change of pace from the crude, manufactured creations of today's TV. And since it's from the 50s, it's also TV-G. Nothing to mess up the pure comedic bliss.

I encourage everyone on here, no matter who you are, to watch this show. It's added a lot of humor and enjoyment to my life.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Best. Show. Ever!
Ricky- "There you go again, wanting something that you haven't got."
Lucy-"I do not. I just want to see what it is that I haven't got that I don't." :lol:
I love how you can just sit down and not cringe. Its very refreshing, and hysterical.
Last edited by Stella C. on Sat May 18, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

We pretty much ripped through all 6 seasons ( most likely missing an ep or two) by ordering them from the library. I really enjoy the show! A lot better than the Disney junk.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I have to say I never really went threw these, but I might try. I watch them here and there, but mostly brought my attention to Andy Griffith, and such. But WILL DO.
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

I love that show, It's really funny nd clean!!
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

It's ok I wouldn't want it all the time once or twice a year is fine.VITAMEATAVEGIMIN That one is Halairous
Whitfan
Strawberry

Some trivia you may already know: Lucille Ball was the very first woman to give birth to a child on television. And it is one heck of a show. I sure love how Lucy makes fun of Ricky's accent. Ricky: You got some splaining to do.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

CT!!! You made a topic about this without telling me! I Love Lucy is the greatest TV show of all time! Some of my favorite episodes are: Lucy and Superman, Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying to Murder Her, Lucy Does The Tango, The Black Eye, and many more!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

AH!!! I HATE LUCY!!!
My sister watches it all the time!! it is so annoying!
I can't stand it! I came home today to see the menu for it on the tv!
I can't stand how annoying she is, the show is, or how stupid they are! and that she is a liar, every episode she tries to deceive Ricky.
The only good thing about the show is Ricky's Ba ba loo song.
Whitfan wrote:Lucille Ball was the very first woman to give birth to a child on television.
I have never heard of a man giving birth, so i guess that makes sense.
"Don't make fun of my englis,
that was English?"

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I love Lucy... Ha ha. It's sooooooo funny. My favorite is the great train robbery. Gave me lot's of laughs!
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Joy wrote:We pretty much ripped through all 6 seasons ( most likely missing an ep or two) by ordering them from the library. I really enjoy the show! A lot better than the Disney junk.
There are nine seasons. The Lucy Desi Show (or comedy hour) is the seven, eight, and ninth seasons.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I love it along with Dick Van Dyke, The Brady Bunch, and Andy Griffith!
Proud K.R.E Member
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Stella C. wrote:Best. Show. Ever!
Ricky- "There you go again, wanting something that you haven't got."
Lucy-"I do not. I just want to see what it is that I haven't got that I don't." :lol:
I love how you can just sit down and not cringe. Its very refreshing, and hysterical.
I know that's from "Lucy Is Envious."

I like the Brady Bunch and Andy Griffith. We own all of both of them and I Love Lucy.