Where to?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
hipster_
Strawberry

Where to?

Hey guys! So...I will be leaving next week to go to Hawaii, and won't come back until the first week of November. I should still be able to keep everyone posted, since I am taking my laptop with me.

But I'd like to hear where everyone has been to! I was born in San Diego, California...I moved to the L.A. county recently. I've been to Arizona multiple times (family out there), and I've been to Hawaii twice (this upcoming week will be my third time).

I want to go to New York, Indiana (family out there) and Louisiana. For countries, I really want to go to Cuba, Morocco, Puerto Rico, Madagascar, England, India, Tanzania, and Tahiti.

Has anyone been out of the country/what country would you want to go to? Or what states have you been to/would like to go to? 8) 8) 8)
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Dang, I want to go to Hawaii... I mean I have been to a lot of places already though. I've been through about all of the East Coast and Mid-West. Ugh we've logged so many miles. I've been to the Caribbean... no cruises yet. Problem of simply being born there. I've been to Holland and Switzerland also .
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I've been to Canada (Niagara Falls and Quebec), Puerto Rico, and Honduras. The first two were school field trips (i'm homeschooled so also vacations ;) ), and the latter two were for week mission trips. I've been in various states on the East coast of the US also since that's where I live. IF it works out, part of my family may be going to Iceland this winter since my little sister is currently obsessed with the place. =p So that might me fun. :wacky:
xo eht haiasi-
hipster_
Strawberry

Blitz wrote:Dang, I want to go to Hawaii... I mean I have been to a lot of places already though. I've been through about all of the East Coast and Mid-West. Ugh we've logged so many miles. I've been to the Caribbean... no cruises yet. Problem of simply being born there. I've been to Holland and Switzerland also .
Lol Hawaii is pretty awesome...no lie, and everyone is so nice there. Oooh, the East Coast! I WISH I could go to the Caribbean...a cruise would be so cool. Wow! Did you see a lot of tulips? :lol:

-- Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:26 pm --
Isaiah the Ox wrote:I've been to Canada (Niagara Falls and Quebec), Puerto Rico, and Honduras. The first two were school field trips (i'm homeschooled so also vacations ;) ), and the latter two were for week mission trips. I've been in various states on the East coast of the US also since that's where I live. IF it works out, part of my family may be going to Iceland this winter since my little sister is currently obsessed with the place. =p So that might me fun. :wacky:
Wow, Canada! Niagara Falls must have been amazing, and Quebec...did you hear a lot of French out there? Now I am jealous!! You have been to Puerto Rico!!!! :noway: lol
I know a few people who have been to Honduras...I've heard it's amazing. That's really cool. For the people I knew, it was also mission trips. Wow, that's so cool!! Iceland!! I hope you guys can go.
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Quebec! That's where my family is from!

I've always wanted to visit Puerto Rico...or anywhere in the southern hemisphere. I've travelled to the mid-west a bit, and to Virginia once. We don't really take road trips :cry: .
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
hipster_
Strawberry

GJFH wrote:Quebec! That's where my family is from!

I've always wanted to visit Puerto Rico...or anywhere in the southern hemisphere. I've travelled to the mid-west a bit, and to Virginia once. We don't really take road trips :cry: .
Really? Wow! Hey, we could all go together to Puerto Rico...come on guys let's go lol :P
Ooh, cool. I have a friend who used to live in Virginia. Aww....*sniff*
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Ireland. :inlove:

England.

All of Europe.

Also Russia.

Also Canada.

Israel.

The New England states.

India.

Also the Pacific Islands.

I WANNA GO EVERYWHERE AND I WILL.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Hawaii,Winsconsi , and Canada.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I've been to every state in the US except Alaska, Hawaii and Road Island. But I've never been out of the states.

I'd love to go to Japan some day. I LOVE that culture.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Let's see... I been to about three-quarters of the 48 contiguous states, Canada, Mexico, England, and Israel.
I want to go to: Germany, Ireland, Scotland, pretty much all of Europe, Kenya, Hawaii and Alaska. I want to go back to Israel (even though I've been twice), and England.
By the way, Bethany, that's Rhode Island, not Road Island. Just a little friendly reminder. ;) :) :D
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm sure that was a typo Kate :) .

It's amazing you've been blessed to see so much of the world at a young age. Israel is probably at the top of my list actually, considering all the Bible studies I've been doing.

More specifically, I've also been to Nevada, Oregon(which I LOVE), Washington state, Wyoming, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Illinois, Virginia, Minnesota, and Idaho. :D
Last edited by GJFH on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I wanna tour all of Asia...
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Well, I've been to California (lived there for a few years), Pennsylvania (live here now), Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Texas, Washington, and probably more of the states. Plus the Bahamas.

I think going to Europe would be cool. Stuff seems pretty cool over there. I'm really not that much of a travel fan though, I like the destinations but airports and such annoy me :P
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

I have never been out of the country :? :cry: :( but I hope to someday!!! :D *sigh* someday *stares off into the distance*
but my sisters and I have always wanted to go on a sister trip to Paris! I also want to visit all the continents and I want to go to England my sisters have been to a lot of different countries for mission trips and fun trips I also want to visit all 50 states!
Aha suh dude
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I've visited many states, including all of the Midwestern states, most of the South, most of the East Coast, New York, Utah, Arizona, and California.

I've been to Honduras and France, with a layover in Toronto if that counts.

I'd love to visit almost any country that's not currently at war, and especially Australia and New Zealand. My family has been planning a trip to Rome for over a year now, and I'm getting very excited for it.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

AuntKate wrote:By the way, Bethany, that's Rhode Island, not Road Island. Just a little friendly reminder. ;) :) :D
Lol, I wrote that post on my phone and, as I've stated in the past, autocorrect hates me. This, ladies and gentlemen, is why we proofread.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
hipster_
Strawberry

Miss Friendship wrote:Ireland. :inlove:

England.

All of Europe.

Also Russia.

Also Canada.

Israel.

The New England states.

India.

Also the Pacific Islands.

I WANNA GO EVERYWHERE AND I WILL.
Wow...you definitely have some big dreams! That's good!!

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:00 am --
Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Hawaii,Winsconsi , and Canada.
That's cool! Are these places you want to go, or have already been to?

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:02 am --
Bethany Shepard wrote:I've been to every state in the US except Alaska, Hawaii and Road Island. But I've never been out of the states.

I'd love to go to Japan some day. I LOVE that culture.
Wow!!! That's a lot of travels! My grandma used to live in Alaska, and you would love Hawaii, everyone is so laid back, hospitable, and polite out there. Rhode Island..that's an interesting one! I forget about Rhode Island sometimes lol

And Japan? That would be awesome!! My dad has been there and they apparently have awesome sushi (duh of course) and lots of other good stuff.

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:05 am --
AuntKate wrote:Let's see... I been to about three-quarters of the 48 contiguous states, Canada, Mexico, England, and Israel.
I want to go to: Germany, Ireland, Scotland, pretty much all of Europe, Kenya, Hawaii and Alaska. I want to go back to Israel (even though I've been twice), and England.
By the way, Bethany, that's Rhode Island, not Road Island. Just a little friendly reminder. ;) :) :D
Wow..you've been all over, AuntKate! My grandma has been to Israel...it's pretty out there. Did you go to the Dead Sea?
That's awesome!!!!

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:06 am --
Blitz wrote:I wanna tour all of Asia...
That would be really cool. I would want to see the Great Wall of China.

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 am --
SirWhit wrote:Well, I've been to California (lived there for a few years), Pennsylvania (live here now), Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Texas, Washington, and probably more of the states. Plus the Bahamas.

I think going to Europe would be cool. Stuff seems pretty cool over there. I'm really not that much of a travel fan though, I like the destinations but airports and such annoy me :P
I live in Cali! \:D/ Wow, Pennsylvania...isn't it chilly out there? I'm sure it's beautiful. That's quite a few states, SirWhit! And...the Bahamas?! I'm jealous! :lol:

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:11 am --
AuntSarah wrote:I have never been out of the country :? :cry: :( but I hope to someday!!! :D *sigh* someday *stares off into the distance*
but my sisters and I have always wanted to go on a sister trip to Paris! I also want to visit all the continents and I want to go to England my sisters have been to a lot of different countries for mission trips and fun trips I also want to visit all 50 states!
Aw...well hey, neither have I. Me too, I want to be a traveler!! :lol:
Paris would be pretty cool! Wow, you've got a lot of places that you want to go! That's awesome!

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 am --
SirWhit
I'm really not that much of a travel fan though, I like the destinations but airports and such annoy me :P[/quote]

Lol SirWhit, I feel the SAME way about airports!! I always get nervous when we have to do those security checks...I don't know why because I'm not a criminal lol but I get so nervous. O.o
And they are annoying...the process of getting from one place to another and not losing any belongings/or getting lost can really be a nuisance.

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:19 am --
T.S. (myself) wrote:I've visited many states, including all of the Midwestern states, most of the South, most of the East Coast, New York, Utah, Arizona, and California.

I've been to Honduras and France, with a layover in Toronto if that counts.

I'd love to visit almost any country that's not currently at war, and especially Australia and New Zealand. My family has been planning a trip to Rome for over a year now, and I'm getting very excited for it.
Wow, that's so cool! I would like to go to Honduras..I know some friends who have been there. I have a friend that is obsessed with Paris and wants to go so bad. I feel like layovers kinda count...

Australia and New Zealand would be very interesting places to visit. If you are into snorkeling or scuba diving, perhaps you would want to swim the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. I want to someday. Oooh Rome!! My aunt is a traveler and she just got back from Rome a month ago. She also went to Africa. Rome is so pretty and I hope that you go with your family!!
Didi
Cookies & Creme

*cries because everyone is so cool*
I've never been out of the U.S. :cry: What would be even more sad was if I'd never been out of my state but I have actually so...
I've been to California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, and Colorado. Colrado's my favorite though....it is THE perfect place to be :inlove:

btw hipster and sirwhit would be nice together. just sayin.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Do you know, I was actually born and lived in Colorado for the first six and a half years of my life, and we still have family and friends there.

@hipster_: Yes, we went to the Dead Sea. We have very painful memories from the Dead Sea because we had gone to a olive orchard that had thorny weeds in it, and we were all scratched up, so the salty water hurt like crazy.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
hipster_
Strawberry

Didi wrote:*cries because everyone is so cool*
I've never been out of the U.S. :cry: What would be even more sad was if I'd never been out of my state but I have actually so...
I've been to California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Oklahoma, and Colorado. Colrado's my favorite though....it is THE perfect place to be :inlove:
Didi
Wow! Didi, you realize you've been to more places than I have? You are officially the hipster! *hands over the official hipster badge* Jk, I will always be the hipster :P

Colorado looks very mountainous!!

-- Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:49 pm --
AuntKate wrote:Do you know, I was actually born and lived in Colorado for the first six and a half years of my life, and we still have family and friends there.

@hipster_: Yes, we went to the Dead Sea. We have very painful memories from the Dead Sea because we had gone to a olive orchard that had thorny weeds in it, and we were all scratched up, so the salty water hurt like crazy.
Wow! That's so cool! I have a glass bottle filled with water from the Dead Sea. Oh noooo! That sounds so painful! But hey, I'm sure you had a guarantee of no infections after being purified from all that salt :lol: