American Girl

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

American Girl

So I don't know how many of you like them but I'm still sorta "in" to them. I just like to know what you think of the.

Talk it up. \:D/
Proud K.R.E Member
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ohhh, just you wait until Belle finds this.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

I like 'em alot! I currently have 3. Samantha, Josefina, and one of the Truly Me dolls. My only complaint about American Girl is probably the cost... everything is super pricy. :P Other than that, they are probably may favorite brand if dolls! \:D/
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

This topic isn't by Belle? She hasn't even posted yet!? Shame, Belle.
  • "Pound Foolish, I just adoreee arguing with you! Here, have an eyeball."
~Suzy Lou Foolish

As the founder of the E.R.K., may I say: Emily RULES!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Belle has been visiting with family and her computer currently hates her, thank you very much. :P

Boy oh boy do I love AG. I've been into the books since before 2001, and I got my first doll in 2009, Kirsten.

Now I have 9 dolls; Kirsten, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Marie-Grace, Cecile, Samantha, Caroline, and two Truly Me dolls.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I know basically absolutely nothing about AG, and I have a question.

Why do they only make certain dolls for so long and then quit? Is it so everyone can fall in love with them and break their hearts?

Which doll is the most popular favorite?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:Why do they only make certain dolls for so long and then quit? Is it so everyone can fall in love with them and break their hearts?
Not exactly. They have three doll lines, Truly Me, BeForever, and Girl of the Year.

The girl of the year is only available for one year, and it is clearly advertised as such. It isn't a "break a heart" thing, it's just a business thing.

The BeForever girls are the historicals. They only have room for a limited number of historicals, so they archive them sometimes, but again give plently of notice.

It's a lot unlike most toy companies that just have dolls come and go with no warning.
Miss Friendship wrote:Which doll is the most popular favorite?
Samantha, one of the historicals.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I have four Kaya, Felicity, Kirsten, Josefina. My sister has Marie Grace, and Addy. I have never been a doll fa even when I was little [ I think it had something to do with all my friends were boys ] any way I do like to dress them up and get pictures.
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I never had any of the dolls (they were too expensive), but I discovered Felicity first and absolutely loved her—probably because her era is Colonial America, which we were studying in school at the time (such as one can study as a fourth grader) and which I found to be incredibly cool. I also loved her spunky, outside-the-box, tomboy personality, and that she could do that while also appreciating "ladylike" things like a ball. She was very well-rounded, and I read her books like a zillion times. (Also, the Felicity/Ben ship is adorable. =D)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

My sister has 4 or 5, I forget how many. She only has one historical doll -- Kirsten -- and the rest are Just Like You or whatever they're calling it now
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I adore the American Girls. Nellie was my favorite, actually still is. I have Nellie and a Bitty Baby. I always wanted Felicity though now they don't sell her anymore:(
I really liked the girl of the year's. Jess and Mia were both particularly cool.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
kait
Cookies & Creme

I have a Just Like You doll and also a Bitty Baby that used to be my sister's (I'm going to actually be giving BB to my daughter soon).

I also read all the AG books as a kid and used to get AG magazine, which I read religiously.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle