Cooking/Baking Klub

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Cooking/Baking Klub

OK I handed leadership of the book klub to someone else and thought this was more my thing!

So You can post fav. recipes or just talk about food!

I LOVE to cook/bake and my fav. recipe website is http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/fresh- ... 0234c2fff4 So talk it up!!
Proud K.R.E Member
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Oh my goodness...This is an awesome thread, Micky!! \:D/

I always use allrecipes whenever I need a quick/short notice recipe, like if you ran out of meals on your meal plan or if you have friends coming over at the last minute. Anyway, I highly recommend this site...So yeah, check it out sometime! http://allrecipes.com/

So this there's this one dish my whole family loves...And it's called Fried Rice!! *applause sounds randomly in the background* Here's the link- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-fried-rice/

I have made it with rice and brown rice as a substitute for the quinoa, but they're all really tasty. My family prefers rice, but it obviously depends on who you're cooking for. You can add cooked chicken, shrimp, and pork to add more flavor as well, or even serve your rice with egg rolls.
As for the sauce...If you just have soy sauce then it'll work just fine without the teriyaki sauce and sesame oil, all you have to do is add it to taste.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I was thinking of you when I did this^ That sounds good I just made the orange cookies that the link hooks you up to! They are GOOD!
Proud K.R.E Member
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Micky wrote:I was thinking of you when I did this^ That sounds good I just made the orange cookies that the link hooks you up to! They are GOOD!
Awwwww...Thanks =)
Oooooh!!! Those do look really good. They're like perfect for the spring! :D
Do you have a picture?? I'd love to see how they turned out!
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
Okie
Caramel Crunch

therealpaulajarvis wrote: So this there's this one dish my whole family loves...And it's called Fried Rice!!
Our family likes something called fried rice too, but it doesn't look anything like that. It has jalapenos and tomatoes in it
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Susannah P. wrote:
therealpaulajarvis wrote: So this there's this one dish my whole family loves...And it's called Fried Rice!!
Our family likes something called fried rice too, but it doesn't look anything like that. It has jalapenos and tomatoes in it
First of all...LOL!! Second of all...Do you have the recipe??? That sounds really good :D
Happy now?
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

I love this topic!!! Who doesn't love food!!! ;) anywho I'm sorry Micky but I hate cooked orange... *hides* so that looked really gross to me but I'm sure it's wonderful if you don't mind that flavor! :D

What kind of fried rice do you make Paula??? Asian? Japanese? Chinese??? :)

My all time favorite cook book is everyday paleo by Sarah Fragoso (here is her site http://everydaypaleo.com/ )
I also love 21 day sugar detox by Diane Sanfilippo (here is her site http://21daysugardetox.com/ ) they are both amazing!!! But I'm kinda of a scientist of sorts in the kitchen and I just make something happen. So here is one of my siblings and my favorite lunches from that just throw it together. :)

Pizza chicken (6 severings)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 6 oz package of pepperoni
2 24 oz jars of spaghetti sauce
Italian spice to taste (about 3-6 TS)

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place chicken in glass casserole dish (you can use other pans but metal pans will need to be greased)
3. Lay pepperoni over chicken evenly
4. Pour sauce over chicken
5. Sprinkle spices over top of sauce
6. Cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is at an internal temperature of 165
7. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before severing

We usually have this with rice or salad. You can serve this with whatever you would serve Pizza with and you can put whatever Pizza toppings you want on the chicken :) it's super easy.
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:I love this topic!!! Who doesn't love food!!! ;) anywho I'm sorry Micky but I hate cooked orange... *hides* so that looked really gross to me but I'm sure it's wonderful if you don't mind that flavor! :D

What kind of fried rice do you make Paula??? Asian? Japanese? Chinese??? :)

My all time favorite cook book is everyday paleo by Sarah Fragoso (here is her site http://everydaypaleo.com/ )
I also love 21 day sugar detox by Diane Sanfilippo (here is her site http://21daysugardetox.com/ ) they are both amazing!!! But I'm kinda of a scientist of sorts in the kitchen and I just make something happen. So here is one of my siblings and my favorite lunches from that just throw it together. :)

Pizza chicken (6 severings)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 6 oz package of pepperoni
2 24 oz jars of spaghetti sauce
Italian spice to taste (about 3-6 TS)

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place chicken in glass casserole dish (you can use other pans but metal pans will need to be greased)
3. Lay pepperoni over chicken evenly
4. Pour sauce over chicken
5. Sprinkle spices over top of sauce
6. Cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is at an internal temperature of 165
7. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before severing

We usually have this with rice or salad. You can serve this with whatever you would serve Pizza with and you can put whatever Pizza toppings you want on the chicken :) it's super easy.

*Welcomes Ninja with fresh oranges*
This is definitely the BEST topic evaahh!!! :yes:

The difference stumps me...xD

You sound like my mom when you say all dat!!! Our family was doing paleo for a while, but we have stopped. For what reason I am unsure.

That sounds really yummy...And I can add whatever toppings I want!!!!
Happy now?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

NinjaThrowingStar wrote: What kind of fried rice do you make Paula??? Asian? Japanese? Chinese??? :)
O.o dat redundancy :P
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote: What kind of fried rice do you make Paula??? Asian? Japanese? Chinese??? :)
O.o dat redundancy :P
Asian is more of just a general fried rice lots of egg, few veggies no meat. Japanese is more of a veggie fried rice. Chinese fried rice has meat and veggies no eggs.

But fried rice can truly be anything. That's why I asked ;p

Hahaha thanks Paula I love oranges *peals and eats orange*
Well I'm pretty much a mom myself :P #Housewife
That's the best thing about this recipe!!! You can make it like millions of different ways! You can even make it like a Hawaiian Pizza, BBQ instead of spaghetti sauce and top it with pineapples and bacon. :mrgreen:
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Hahaha thanks Paula I love oranges *peals and eats orange*
Well I'm pretty much a mom myself :P #Housewife
That's the best thing about this recipe!!! You can make it like millions of different ways! You can even make it like a Hawaiian Pizza, BBQ instead of spaghetti sauce and top it with pineapples and bacon. :mrgreen:
you're very welcome =D
:yes: you pretty much are xD
Yeah, it sounds super fun to cook and eat!! I'll try to make it...If I do I'll post a pic of it
Happy now?
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

My sister and I cook in my family. I enjoy doing it (when I'm in the mood), but mostly I do it out of necessity.

I don't have any specific favorite recipes. I like making pizzas on tortillas though. Don't judge me til you've tried it.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I have! It's good. We used to get tortillas and put Peanut butter on them, and apple and grapes and bananas and call it a breakfast pizza. Or use sour cream with bell pepper, carrots and lettuce.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I baked a cookie once.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Every time I cook, I set the fire alarm off >.> No joke.

But there have been times where I've baked a decent pumpkin roll and the occasional donut.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote:I baked a cookie once.
I can just see someone making just enough dough for one cookie...
Stella C. wrote:Every time I cook, I set the fire alarm off >.> No joke.

But there have been times where I've baked a decent pumpkin roll and the occasional donut.
YAY...Aren't donuts hard to make??
Happy now?
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Guys first of all it's spelled doughnut. Second of all, I LOVE THIS TOPIC! I may not make a lot of food, but eating it makes it worth a try! I've made cakes, cookies, brownies, and so on! :D
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Sameriazx wrote:Guys first of all it's spelled doughnut. Second of all, I LOVE THIS TOPIC! I may not make a lot of food, but eating it makes it worth a try! I've made cakes, cookies, brownies, and so on! :D
First of all LOLOLOL. Second of all, where do you get your recipes?

If anyone has a recipe that has been in your family for a while I would love to try them out!
Happy now?
Wakko
Pistachio

Sameriazx wrote:Guys first of all it's spelled doughnut.
Actually either way is correct. ;)
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Wakko wrote:
Sameriazx wrote:Guys first of all it's spelled doughnut.
Actually either way is correct. ;)
Fine. HAVE IT YOUR WAY! :lol:

Family. All of what I bake is family recipes. Ya'll HAVE to have the recipe for my mom's meatballs! They are the BEST!!