Owl City

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I LOVELOVELOVE Owl City!!!! Adam Young is the best!! He has an amazing voice :D
Wakko
Pistachio

Owl CIty is one of my favorite artists!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I LOVE Owl City... Adam Young is the bestest ever!
My all time favorite song is "Hospital Flowers." I love the melodrama in that song! I'm really a sucker for metaphor's...
I really like "Honey and the Bee" too... *whispers* metaphor...
Mara
Pistachio

I love Shooting Star!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

*off to go listen to shooting star now because Mara mentioned it* ;)
Mara
Pistachio

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:*off to go listen to shooting star now because Mara mentioned it* ;)
:lol: Good song, huh?
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

It is!! I love it XD
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Just found this song in my suggestions on youtube, and fell in love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhnWjS_tIKk[/quote]
Rugs from Me to You^
Last edited by Joy on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Meh, he's ok. Not a fan of his whole synth pop music style though.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I listened to his new album "Ultraviolet", and it. is. amazing. Wolf Bite is my favourite.
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Heard his new Christmas song?
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=CiS_cQG3sIo[/youtube]
Why can't I get the youtube embed to work?
Last edited by Gooey98 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Take out the period between "u" and "b" in the URL.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wait... I made this topic? O.o When I clicked on it, the thought never even crossed my mind, since I was only a small Owl City fan and I usually remember all the topics I make. Oh well, I guess it was a log time ago...

Anyway, I see I took a rather naive and callow stance on his music, bashing him solely for changing styles to pop, an act I considered to be "selling out". Looking back, I agree with Aaron and think it was good of him to do something different. But something else has changed... I can't stand any of his music now. It doesn't even have anything to do with my usually critical perspective. The truth is, I just can't stand the guy's voice. A lot of people have some sort of moral problem with men who sound feminine. I think that's rubbish and don't have a moral problem with him at all, I just can't listen to his voice for more than 15 seconds without ear damage. ;). I haven't heard his new album and likely won't. But once again, it's not like I have some thought-out, objective argument against the guy, so don't debate me on this one, or if you do, I'll likely be on your side.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wakko
Pistachio

I do still like Owl City, I only listen to him every once in a while, because his music so happy and there's no way to be in a bad mood when listening to his music. Sky Sailing (his side project) is quite good. I do really like The Postal Service a lot though, who he's often compared to. He's no longer "one of my favorite artists!" =P I don't have a specific reason for not listening to him other then my tastes have changed. =P I do like his voice however. ^_^
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

You've heard of the Postal Service, Wakko? I'm only familiar with a couple of their songs, but I do know their frontman is also in a pretty great indie band with a really lame name (Death Cab For Cutie). What a shame. They were so close to fame. I guess all the band names sound the same, so they decided to go against the grain and not be tame when playing the music game (Sorry, people, I'm tired.).

To get back on topic, I actually remember kind of liking one early Owl City song called "Fuzzy Blue Lights", even if his voice was still a bit of an issue for me.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Not that I like the worldly music of owl city, but whatever.

Here is a parody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... QfcqhEun_0
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Mr. Yorp wrote:Not that I like the worldly music of owl city, but whatever.
"And the winner of the Spiritual Pretentiousness Award for 2014 is..." \:D/
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wouldn't John Henry and Gabler be contendors too? (Now now you two, only kidding.)
Anyone else loving Ultra Violet so far? Wolf Bite is cool. And I believe Beautiful Times is a single that won't be in the album, but it's beautiful.

Oh, and his new Christian song! It's interesting because my sister and I talked repeatedly in an impossible-wish-on-a-star way about how wonderful Britt Nicole and Owl would go together. And then one day, Arkan tells us, "Owl City did a song with Britt Nicole and it's coming out tomorrow!" Words can hardly describe such bewildered joy. Is our house bugged? Does someone think we're Jason and Eugene?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:Wouldn't John Henry and Gabler be contendors too? (Now now you two, only kidding.)
Never noticed that from Gabler. And say what you will about JH, he never shot off his mouth like this. =/

(If I seem a little abrasive in forthcoming posts, I'm sorry, but the LoK finale aired recently and I went from euphoric to incensed in about ten seconds flat.)
Wakko
Pistachio

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:You've heard of the Postal Service, Wakko? I'm only familiar with a couple of their songs, but I do know their frontman is also in a pretty great indie band with a really lame name (Death Cab For Cutie). What a shame. They were so close to fame. I guess all the band names sound the same, so they decided to go against the grain and not be tame when playing the music game (Sorry, people, I'm tired.).

To get back on topic, I actually remember kind of liking one early Owl City song called "Fuzzy Blue Lights", even if his voice was still a bit of an issue for me.
I've heard the one album they released, it was quite good you should check it out. I've heard some Death Cab, I like them a lot too. *nods*