Connie + Jason Club

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Rolls his eyes*
Girls and crushes. Tut tut tut.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Blitz wrote:*Rolls his eyes*
Guys get crushes too.

This is about the same as me saying something along the lines of:
Boys and Superheros. Ugh, how boring.

On another note, this club seems to be slowing down.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:*Rolls his eyes*
I'm pretty sure you've had a crush, too...

THIS CLUB CAN'T SLOW DOWN. WE WILL RISE OUT OF THE ASHES AND TAKE OVER ALL THE OTHER CLUBS. *evilly laughs in the distance*
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ClaraOswald wrote: THIS CLUB CAN'T SLOW DOWN. WE WILL RISE OUT OF THE ASHES AND TAKE OVER ALL THE OTHER CLUBS. *evilly laughs in the distance*
YES WE MUST!

but realistically I don't know if it can happen because I don't see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon *cries and shakes head at the people who don't see Connie+Jason somehow*. Doesn't mean it has to slow down though!!

btw I just posted the first chapter of a new Connie/Jason story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10847392/1/A-New-Life

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Boos*
Guys have crushed but we usually don't go on and on about them.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ameraka wrote: btw I just posted the first chapter of a new Connie/Jason story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10847392/1/A-New-Life
I KNOW I READ IT I LOVE IT
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Thank you!
-
I am really sad right now. I listened to the Whit's End Podcast and in it Paul McCusker basically shoots down the idea of Connie and Jason getting married. Almost scoffs at it as a crazy idea of fans. I knew it was a longshot but at the same time I am always hoping and now--What do I have to look forward to? Can I even write any more stories? (sorry if I talk about fanfic but it's what's really gotten me engaged in the fandom--some people have podcasts, some people dress up as AIO characters and do fanvids, I have fanfiction)
Anyway. I do hope there is hope but now I don't know if I can even hope anymore. He is the writer. He knows what he's doing. Sorry if I'm not making sense I'm distressed (and not in the best of conditions otherwise either)

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

You don't have to ship canon just because it's canon. :) That's what AU is for. You just keep doing you. (I mean, hey, Zuko/Katara shippers have been doing what they wanted even with "Sozin's Comet" and Legend of Korra. \:D/ ) If you ship Jason and Connie, then by all means, write for them like there's no tomorrow.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I don't know if I CAN if there's no hope though. Imagination, to me at least, has to have some component of hope to it. :(

-- Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:49 pm --

I don't know if I can get over this enough to do any more. At least, I can't imagine it right now.

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Wait, where'd you hear the interview? I just listened to the Odyssey podcast and he didn't say anything about Connie and Jason.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

He's basically laughing at the idea. That pretty much destroys any possibility. Oh, you anti-J/C-ers are happy now.

You're lucky, Tiger, your OTP is in canon.

Why oh why didn't I do a canon one in the first place? But this is the one that spoke to me--so.....perhaps I should have manipulated my feelings to be more in line with the mainstream?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Nah. Don't manipulate your feelings just because canon says otherwise. You ship what you ship, and that's not something you have to change. If the pairing speaks to you, ship it; don't worry about what anyone says, even if it is a writer of the show; like I said, fans in other shows have been doing it for years. (I know my words probably don't mean much, but I've shipped pairings that weren't canon before and were poked at by the creators, so I do know how you feel, even if I don't know in this instance specifically.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ameraka wrote:He's basically laughing at the idea. That pretty much destroys any possibility. Oh, you anti-J/C-ers are happy now.

You're lucky, Tiger, your OTP is in canon.

Why oh why didn't I do a canon one in the first place? But this is the one that spoke to me--so.....perhaps I should have manipulated my feelings to be more in line with the mainstream?
Happy!? We're rejoicing! As soon as the podcast came out, we made a grave stone and wrote J+C on it and danced on it!

Oh. Um. I mean.

I'm sorry, Ameraka. I truly am. It's hard when a match you believed in, dreamed of, invested your time and emotion in suddenly is declared impossble. Goodness knows, we Mitchonnies were quite vocally miserable when Something New/Blue came out. I still remember how that felt. Keep writing your fan fiction, please. You know how we all love it. You're talented and nobody writes it like you. Hope may never come back, but even smashed dreams can go on.

Now then....

Woohoo! Down with J+C! Whooopy!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I'm sorry that you feel that way, Ameraka, and I can understand your feelings, but it's just my opinion that Townsend Coleman and Katie Leigh don't really have much chemistry, and that lack of chemistry would only become more pronounced and obvious if they got married. I think they work okay as friends, and the Connie and Whit's Son dynamic can be interesting at times, but I get the feeling that if it weren't for "Love Is In the Air", this wouldn't even be a discussion.
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:but it's just a plain and simple fact that Townsend Coleman and Katie Leigh don't really have much chemistry
I would hardly call that a "plain and simple fact". Whether or not you believe two characters have chemistry is entirely subjective. I don't ship Connie and Jason, but I think that the two have marvelous chemistry together—hearing them interact in "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll" was a delight, and I enjoyed their scenes together in TTB. Simply saying that they don't and that this is incontrovertible fact is not going to bring people to the side of "Jason and Connie are better as friends". You may think that they don't have chemistry, and that's fine, but not everyone is going to see it that way.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Oh, darn it, I forgot about "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll". They we're great in that. I don't what you mean by TTB, but I'm sure I could if I just thought about it for a second. Okay, I'll retract my statement about their chemistry, but not anything else. :P
Wakko
Pistachio

It should also be noted that in the interview that all the reasons he named that they won't get married, people on here have said before. \:D/
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... perhaps this is one Official Podcast that I should actually take a listen to...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I don't what you mean by TTB, but I'm sure I could if I just thought about it for a second.
It's my abbreviation of "Ties That Bind", à la GRC.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Oh... I didn't find their interaction to be all that remarkable, but I will admit it was somewhat nice to see.