Will Jeff and Connie stay together?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Wakko wrote: 1. This really doesn't mean anything. Just that Penny misunderstood Connie, and though they were in some kind of relationship.
True, but why else would Penny think they were in a relationship?
Wakko wrote: 2. Wouldn't you hug a friend twice that you hadn't seen in a long time? Speaking from experience I have. =p.
Ok, it had been like 2 months since GRC. I don't think they'd hug twice so closely.
Wakko wrote: 3. I don't think that this was dreamily, I just think that she was overwhelmed and in shock of seeing an old friend she didn't expect to see.
Listen again. It was dreamily.
Wakko wrote: 4. Again, wouldn't you be excited to see an old friend you haven't seen in a long time?
#SingleConnieForever =p
Yes I would. And I think Connie might have had other "motivations" as well.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Novatom wrote:Connie won't get married because it's not the kind of thing aio would do. The writers had Jeff return for 2 episodes and are pleased with themselves, expecting people to be satisfied.
It's not the kind of thing AiO would do? Why pray tell, will they prevent Connie from ever moving beyond her life at Whit's End? Why do people have such an aversion to Connie growing up and starting a family? If it's not the sort of thing AiO would do, then why did Eugene get married? Or Lucy and Jack? I'm not saying I want it to happen right away, I just don't like the idea that Connie will never get married simply because fans don't want to see her as an adult (which she is).
꿈. 희망. 전진.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Wakko wrote: 1. This really doesn't mean anything. Just that Penny misunderstood Connie, and though they were in some kind of relationship.
...Um, because she's Penny? She also took a moment to sigh romantically about Connie and Jeff in "Life Expectancy, Part 3"; her being true to her character as a hopeless romantic does not shipping proof make.
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Wakko wrote: 2. Wouldn't you hug a friend twice that you hadn't seen in a long time? Speaking from experience I have. =p.
Ok, it had been like 2 months since GRC. I don't think they'd hug twice so closely.
Connie and Jason have known each other and been close to each other for years. I have close friends whom I've barely known for three years, and I would hug them multiple times if I hadn't seen them in over two months. That's kind of how friendships work.
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Wakko wrote: 3. I don't think that this was dreamily, I just think that she was overwhelmed and in shock of seeing an old friend she didn't expect to see.
I would like to point out that you insisting that it was a dreamy tone, or even telling us to go listen to the episode again to hear it, does not make it so. The tonal quality of these voices can be incredibly subjective sometimes; what is dreamy to you, a person who is looking for these moments, may seem perfectly normal to someone who hasn't even processed the idea of Connie and Jason falling in love.
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Wakko wrote: 4. Again, wouldn't you be excited to see an old friend you haven't seen in a long time?
#SingleConnieForever =p
You have a right to your interpretation, but those "motivations" are things that you think that Connie might have had, not something that we all can or should accept as obvious, irrefutable fact. =/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
...Um, because she's Penny? She also took a moment to sigh romantically about Connie and Jeff in "Life Expectancy, Part 3"; her being true to her character as a hopeless romantic does not shipping proof make.
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Connie and Jason have known each other and been close to each other for years. I have close friends whom I've barely known for three years, and I would hug them multiple times if I hadn't seen them in over two months. That's kind of how friendships work.
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
I would like to point out that you insisting that it was a dreamy tone, or even telling us to go listen to the episode again to hear it, does not make it so. The tonal quality of these voices can be incredibly subjective sometimes; what is dreamy to you, a person who is looking for these moments, may seem perfectly normal to someone who hasn't even processed the idea of Connie and Jason falling in love.
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
#SingleConnieForever =p
You have a right to your interpretation, but those "motivations" are things that you think that Connie might have had, not something that we all can or should accept as obvious, irrefutable fact. =/
1. I cannot argue with you there, Tiger shadow. Penny is and always will be Penny.
2. Of, course I am a C & J shipper, but I do think in an audio drama, AIO wouldn't put something in there twice (it is only a certain amount of time) if it wasn't meant to be hinted at something later, knowing AIO.
3. We all know very well, being AIO Obsessionists, what is and isn't Connie's love, dreamy tone. There are plenty of episodes to prove it.
4. Yes, we both have a right to both of our interpretations.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Wodfamchocsod wrote: 2. Of, course I am a C & J shipper, but I do think in an audio drama, AIO wouldn't put something in there twice (it is only a certain amount of time) if it wasn't meant to be hinted at something later, knowing AIO.
They would if it was meant to simply be a part of organic storytelling. Not everything is a hint to something later, and I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that the AIO team writes in constant Chekhov's Guns in the first place. I really haven't noticed that much "put something small in to hint to something bigger later" from AIO; I expect that of J.K. Rowling, not Adventures in Odyssey. As near as I can tell, the AIO team just writes (semi-) realistic stories, and in realistic stories, people who have had an extremely close sibling-like bond hug when they see each other.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wakko
Pistachio

I honestly think that Connie will stay single for quite a while, if not forever. If that does happen I will be perfectly fine with it.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote: 2. Of, course I am a C & J shipper, but I do think in an audio drama, AIO wouldn't put something in there twice (it is only a certain amount of time) if it wasn't meant to be hinted at something later, knowing AIO.
They would if it was meant to simply be a part of organic storytelling. Not everything is a hint to something later, and I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that the AIO team writes in constant Chekhov's Guns in the first place. I really haven't noticed that much "put something small in to hint to something bigger later" from AIO; I expect that of J.K. Rowling, not Adventures in Odyssey. As near as I can tell, the AIO team just writes (semi-) realistic stories, and in realistic stories, people who have had an extremely close sibling-like bond hug when they see each other.
Or it could've been a hint.
It's a matter of opinion.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

underseasie wrote:
Novatom wrote:Connie won't get married because it's not the kind of thing aio would do. The writers had Jeff return for 2 episodes and are pleased with themselves, expecting people to be satisfied.
It's not the kind of thing AiO would do? Why pray tell, will they prevent Connie from ever moving beyond her life at Whit's End? Why do people have such an aversion to Connie growing up and starting a family? If it's not the sort of thing AiO would do, then why did Eugene get married? Or Lucy and Jack? I'm not saying I want it to happen right away, I just don't like the idea that Connie will never get married simply because fans don't want to see her as an adult (which she is).
I know this probably sounds stupid, but I just can't see the writers letting Connie getting married any time soon, and it doesn't really seem like the writers really want her to get married anyway.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...