Once Saved always Saved?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

I really couldn't say Gabby. I've never met your uncle and I don't know what would happen in the future. But if he never turns back than I'm sorry to say that no, I don't believe he would have been a Chrisitan.

:D Gabby, I mean no offense whatsoever! :D please take this as my honest answer! :D
Last edited by Renae on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Renae wrote:I really couldn't say Gabby. I've never met your uncle and I don't know what would happen in the future. But if he never turns back than I'm sorry to say that no, I don't believe he would have been a Chrisitan.

:D Gabby, I mean no offense whatsoevwe! :D please take this as my honest answer! :D

It's fine the last time I talked to him was like 7 or 8 th birthday anyway. ;) but I agree on saying when u get saved its how do u say it. a man at our church he's older man he says even the sun looked different that night on the day he got saved.

-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 pm --
gabbygirl17 wrote:
Renae wrote:I really couldn't say Gabby. I've never met your uncle and I don't know what would happen in the future. But if he never turns back than I'm sorry to say that no, I don't believe he would have been a Chrisitan.

:D Gabby, I mean no offense whatsoevwe! :D please take this as my honest answer! :D

It's fine the last time I talked to him was like 7 or 6 or 8 th birthday leanin more on 8th anyway. ;) but I agree on saying when u get saved its how do u say it. a man at our church he's older man he says even the sun looked different that night on the day he got saved.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

:D good! your so cool Gabby ! :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Renae wrote::D good! your so cool Gabby ! :D

awww thank u!! Guess what Renae?? You are too! :) and sweet!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Mark my words and stop worrying.
Once saved, always saved.
Amen.
Girls just wanna have fun!
jehoshaphat
Cookies & Creme

Could you provide evidence or reasoning ar refutations to anything said here? Instead of just stating your opinion.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The pastor at church on Sunday, read an interesting passage, and I'm wondering what you guys think of it:
1 Timothy 4:1-5 wrote:Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
I thought the first verse of this section is very interesting, saying that some will depart from the faith, which asks the question, did they have it in the first place or not?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think they did, since the verse is saying departs from the faith not were never part of the faith in the first place.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
FlyingRider
Strawberry

I dont think you can "lose your salvation". I mean we all sin but God gave us mercy! But someone can also come to a time when they turn away from God or feel they dont need him and they will do better on there own. They have made the decision that they arent even going to try to honor God so i dont think they are going to heaven. But you can go back to God anytime and thats because of his Amazing Grace!
The cold never bothered me anyway!!!!! ( just kidding i hate snow)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

FlyingRider wrote:I dont think you can "lose your salvation". I mean we all sin but God gave us mercy! But someone can also come to a time when they turn away from God or feel they dont need him and they will do better on there own. They have made the decision that they arent even going to try to honor God so i dont think they are going to heaven. But you can go back to God anytime and thats because of his Amazing Grace!
So if someone turns away from God, does that mean they didn't have salvation in the first place? If so, that's what "losing your salvation" is..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Belle wrote:
FlyingRider wrote:I dont think you can "lose your salvation". I mean we all sin but God gave us mercy! But someone can also come to a time when they turn away from God or feel they dont need him and they will do better on there own. They have made the decision that they arent even going to try to honor God so i dont think they are going to heaven. But you can go back to God anytime and thats because of his Amazing Grace!
So if someone turns away from God, does that mean they didn't have salvation in the first place? If so, that's what "losing your salvation" is..
Only God knows everyone's heart.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Belle wrote:
Only God knows everyone's heart.
Yes. But that isn't answering the question... Maybe you could clarify what you mean when you say what you believe?
FlyingRider
Strawberry

People dont "lose their salvation". They have a choice. Honor God and follow what the bible says or do your own thing. So if i decide 5 yrs down the road to do my own thing i have decided i dont need salvation. I dont think you can "lose it" per say i mean you may say you are a christian but if your life doesnt show that or if you arent even trying i would say you know that you arent a christian but as WODFAMCHOCSOD said "only God knows our heart".
The cold never bothered me anyway!!!!! ( just kidding i hate snow)
jehoshaphat
Cookies & Creme

I don't get what you are trying to say. First you say that You can't but then you say that you can. It isn't a matter of "losing your salvation" but rather what salvation consists of and if you can not go to heaven after "getting saved." I don't believe in the whole "get saved" thing that Protestants do but rather a structured way to salvation that consists of baptism and the sacraments and living a moral life. If you don;t follow God's ways you obviously aren't going to go to heaven. It is a one time thing, rather conversion and therefore salvations is a continual moving toward God. Conversion means to change so when we convert we change and must continue to change to the will of God.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

I believe that when we are placed into Christ, He will NOT let anyone take them out of His hands. Look up John 10:28. When we believe in Christ, we are saved and always will be.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

So what if we choose to revert to a sinful lifestyle? Are we still going to heaven?
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Mr. Whit's End wrote:So what if we choose to revert to a sinful lifestyle? Are we still going to heaven?
Yes, you will still go to heaven.
However, we will not be rewarded like others who have chosen the right path. It says in the Bible Christ will wipe every tear from their eye (meaning the people we are talking about).
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Sorry, what? You can't go to heaven if you are in sin. Moses could not see God's full glory even though he was chosen by God, so what makes us think that we can in our sinfulness?
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:Sorry, what? You can't go to heaven if you are in sin. Moses could not see God's full glory even though he was chosen by God, so what makes us think that we can in our sinfulness?
Umm...that's why Christ died for us. We couldn't get to heaven by being perfect, so Christ died on the cross so that He could save us hopeless sinners. When we are placed into Christ, Christ looks at us as righteous as He is.
And Moses was under the Law. Today is different since Christ died for us - we are under grace. Amen!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

But that doesn't mean that we can lead a sinful lifestyle and still go to heaven. Let's say I, a Christian, commit a murder and am thoroughly unrepentant. Will I still go to heaven?