Taylor Swift

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Taylor Swift

She is adored by some and by others... She is called a whiny, bratty, stuck up diva... Harsh, I know, but many people truly feel this way. Taylor Swift is famous for writing breakup songs. Out of her 200 plus songs, you know how many are about breakups? 15. Fifteen of her songs are about breakups. She is also known for her relationships (friendships and romantic relationships) with celebrities such as Zac Efron, Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran, Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, and so many more... But anywho, what are your thoughts on T-Swizzy?
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

First off: she's kicked that habit. No one's even paying attention to that. She's bravely gone without dating for two years. Yet everyone so hooked on judging celebs, they just continue to shove her into her "dating everybody" box.

Second: it's normal for celebs to date a lot. Come on, they have attractive people throwing themselves at them, it does things to them. Besides, it brings in the news. So, unless you're a celeb with adoring boys (or girls) asking to date you literally every day of your life, again, please don't judge.

Finally, why is it people just shrug when boys date a lot. "Oh, boys will be boys." But if its' a girl, everyone needs to label her.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Pound Foolish wrote:First off: she's kicked that habit. No one's even paying attention to that. She's bravely gone without dating for two years. Yet everyone so hooked on judging celebs, they just continue to shove her into her "dating everybody" box.

Second: it's normal for celebs to date a lot. Come on, they have attractive people throwing themselves at them, it does things to them. Besides, it brings in the news. So, unless you're a celeb with adoring boys (or girls) asking to date you literally every day of your life, again, please don't judge.

Finally, why is it people just shrug when boys date a lot. "Oh, boys will be boys." But if its' a girl, everyone needs to label her.
This, right here. Everyone has got to lay off of Taylor Swift.

As a matter of fact, people should just lay off of celebrities in general. What does a celebrity's dating life matter to anyone else? It doesn't hurt you if a celebrity dates around—you don't even know them; why should you care? Honestly, behavior that doesn't meet up with your standards should be less of a shock and more par for the course. You cannot reasonably expect celebrities to behave in a way that is always suitable to your personal tastes when they're human beings like everybody else.

Besides, the song "Shake It Off" makes it pretty clear that people who judge her aren't even bringing her down; she'll do what she does as long as she's enjoying herself and people consume her work—she's crying all the way to the bank. And by calling attention to her every move, people are only making her more popular; if there's one thing that makes absolutely certain that more and more people are going to listen to her music and talk more about her, it's when moral guardians and the media constantly rail against her.

I'm also not a fan of the double standard that PF so rightly pointed out. Why does everyone come down so hard on female celebrities for being either too pure or too promiscuous when male celebrities are almost completely off the hook?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:First off: she's kicked that habit. No one's even paying attention to that. She's bravely gone without dating for two years. Yet everyone so hooked on judging celebs, they just continue to shove her into her "dating everybody" box.

I am not judging, I am a huge Taylor Swift fan, I was just stating a fact that she has dated a lot of people, because its true. People are saying her two new songs are about this little guy:

E.R.K.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I have no personal vendetta over Taylor Swift as a person, or even as a celebrity (I actually think she's handled her stardom pretty well), but her music just isn't really my thing. This sounds terrible, but I could never really get into women singers. Still, she gets cool points for writing her own songs. :jason
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

:lol: Well, some singers are more for females. Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift, for instance. Ed says he writes songs for women to cry and eat ice cream to. he does a heck of a good job, let me tell you. And you are a filthy hater :lol: ( I AM VERY CONFUSED R U creativethinker101?)

E.R.K.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Yes, the Ducky is CreativeThinker101. CreativeThinker101 is the Ducky. The Ducky and CreativeThinker101 are one. However, please call me "the Ducky" and I will call you "Gabrielle".

Hmm... Ed Sheeran doesn't really sound like my type of guy. Rather unmasculine, if you ask me. ;)
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:
Hmm... Ed Sheeran doesn't really sound like my type of guy. Rather unmasculine, if you ask me. ;)
*pokes head in*
hey hey HEY NOW WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY ABOUT ED
*leaves*
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

What's this? I click on New Posts and find topics on One Direction and Taylor Swift. What is happening to this board?
~ Walker in Dreams
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

It's being teeny-bopperized. Blame gabler -- I mean, Gabrielle. :P
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

ClaraOswald wrote:
*pokes head in*
*leaves*
I WUV ED SHEERAN. I only made the Taylor Swift topic

E.R.K.

Wakko
Pistachio

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:What's this? I click on New Posts and find topics on One Direction and Taylor Swift. What is happening to this board?
I know. It's quite depressing. :(
gablerbage8 wrote:
ClaraOswald wrote:
*pokes head in*
*leaves*
I WUV ED SHEERAN. I only made the Taylor Swift topic
But you bumped the One Direction topic, and made a topic about all your musical fandoms. :p
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

It is kind of true. No one's judging you, gabler, (If you want people to call you something else, change your username like the Ducky did. ;)) but you can't deny that you do seem to be somewhat obsessed with these people. I just "experienced" my first Ed Sheeran song... :? Gosh, what a creep. I was right to judge him before listening to his music.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:It is kind of true. No one's judging you, gabler, (If you want people to call you something else, change your username like the Ducky did. ;)) but you can't deny that you do seem to be somewhat obsessed with these people. I just "experienced" my first Ed Sheeran song... :? Gosh, what a creep. I was right to judge him before listening to his music. :mrgreen: :jason \:D/
Silly Mr. THINKER I made a topic to ask what everyone's musical fandoms were :P Which Ed Sheeran song?

E.R.K.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I believe it was called "The A Team". And I am not Mr. Thinker anymore! I unlike you, have changed my username to reflect what I now wish to be called. It makes a heck of a lot more sense than forcing everyone to call you something completely contrary to your username. =P
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Ah, yes, The A Team, a masterpiece in of itself. Maybe I shall speak with Belle

E.R.K.

Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Uno. I like shake it off and love story.

Youknow. Anthem Lights does em better though.

weknow. I am in agreement with The Foolish one and the shaded feline. #whocares

ohno. music obsessions arent overrated. celebs are.

onu. I agree with the walker of dreams, what has happened to this board? I am anti-teenybop, just so everyone knows if and when battle lines are drawn.

ranoutofwaystouseuno. WE-E ARE NEVER EVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I shall support you 100% in your war against teenyboppers. :D

Perhaps we should start another klub for it. \:D/
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

*joins that club*
Wakko
Pistachio

*joins that club twice*