What will happen to Connie after album 55?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

Ameraka wrote:
Pound Foolish wrote:Great flaming balls of insanity! Why are people so dead set on J+C!?
Nobody's put forth any convincing evidence that they've ever liked each other in the past, much less sufficient grounds for them to fall in love now, after having a brother-sister relationship (in Connie's own words) for years.
I can't imagine what Connie would say if she saw all this. Wait, yes I can.
"HA HA HA!"
I am set on J+C because they would be cute together. So there.

There was the crush that she had, and even if it was 'manufactured', it didn't mean there wasn't something beneath the surface that lent itself to something more. In Connie's words, (maybe paraphrasing Love is in the Air) "I'll be the first to admit that you're good looking and nice and intelligent and fun to be with"--it's not like she hates him. ;) Yes they have a brother-sister relationship but that can be a strong foundation for something more. It could just take the right kind of incident to fan that latent spark into a flame- :D . And I've become much more of a proponent of J+C since I've been writing about it; if I was a little before, I'm a lot more now.

Anyway, it's all speculation. It's all up to the writers, and we'll have to wait and see---or, wait and hope. :)

-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 pm --

Also, I think for us girls, since Connie is our role model and main female character on AIO, that we think it would be cool to get together with someone as awesome as Jason. Kind of a wish-fulfillment thing. Maybe just speaking for myself, not sure. :) Just a theory.
yes i totally agrre with you! also Connie did kinda act like she liked Jason but i doubt they will make her get married any time soon...=[
LOTR IS AWESOME
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

Connie should become an FBI agent like Mitch keeps saying that she should and then to keep her cover she still works at whits end. :)
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

a friend of mine ( a fellow fan) e-mailed the team, at colorado springs, colorado 80995..... and asked why she is still not married, they replied explaining that they will NEVER marry her, to always have someone like that, and so she wouldn't change, I guess getting married changes you, they didn't want to have to put her, nor (I always wanted to use that word, NOR) the fans through that.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

This topic should be called: "Should Connie and Jason get Married?" that's all people are talking about. Let's get back to the main point. I think Connie will stay herself. I don't think that is what should happen, though. Connie shouldn't get married to Jason or anything, she should get fired (again) because she was too busy with school to work. After a long episode with her trying to find her calling, she takes Penny's advice and decides to work for Jack Onree (however you spell it). And they would live happily ever after!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

"Jack Onree" :) He's French, thus it is "Jacques Henri." I agree with your sentiment on she should not be involved any way in a couple-ish relationship with Jason. I have to differentiate on her working at Henri's gallery. Honestly, if Penny has trouble handling Jacques and his attitude, imagine how Connie would be. (Because we all know Penny is much calmer than Connie is.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Nate... So it's certain Connie and Jason will never be married?
:lol: Party Party PARTY! :D
Novatom, I absolutely see your point. And yeah, it's doubtful she'll be very different. Let's hope not. Still, it'll be nice to see her life shaken up a bit. The episodes lately have had her on the side. Impacting things only somewhat, and rarely going through any major challenges or emotions herself.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote: Still, it'll be nice to see her life shaken up a bit. The episodes lately have had her on the side. Impacting things only somewhat, and rarely going through any major challenges or emotions herself.
Have you heard the most recent episodes? I hardly think that will not change her. I don't know what the AIO team might mean by not wanting to change her if they will do that--but marriage is different? I'm not sure about the argument of kids not being able to relate to her if she's married. So what? We still like Eugene and he is married. I'm not sure if I get it.
Anyway. Although I would like a romance (with who?
:jason
I probably do want her to stay unmarried for a while at least. But NEVER? Never say never. ;)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

nothing, nothing will happen to her, no change, nothing interesting.
There are no plans to marry her, in fact, there are plans to NEVER marry her, she might develop her Dreams by Constance, get fired again, a couple of usual things.
It is like the weather, predictable, and repeats.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Not to disagree with you, but from what I've heard, Life Expectancy is going to be a dramatic heartwrenching episode, and it's going to be focused on Miss Kendall herself. Dave Arnold even stated that a story arc would start in Album 57 that would focus on Connie. I believe she's going to change, perhaps a lot, but the writers are going to make it happen without her getting married.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

Not to disagree with me either, I hope they don't change her too much, I can't stand it when they take a perfectly good character and story, and classical junk like that, and RUIN it by changing it! like STAR WARS!
mostly until now, when a "whole" album is focused on a specific and single topic, only like 3-4 (or even less) episodes actually have to do with it, and you can't (at least I can't, but those writers are pretty talented) change her that much in a little time. Characters are like springs or rubber bands, mess with them too much and they loose their elasticity and break.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I have listened to Life Expectancy, and events like that can't help but change someone. Now what specific impact it will have on Connie's future, that will only be evident in following albums. But I don't think she will change fundamentally from the Connie we know and love. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Think about it. Don't freak out. Connie and Jason. Connie needs someone to calm her down. Jason needs someone to care for and, well, just like Whit was with Jenny. Not the end of the world.
Girls just wanna have fun!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think Jason would be more prone to get Connie riled up than to calm her down, quite frankly. Connie needs someone who thinks with their head first, and Jason is not a character known for doing that—it's just not his nature. Connie needs to be with a guy who is practical and level-headed, and someone who doesn't have so many secrets. Connie's curious, but she's not the kind of person who is into all the intrigue and spying—she is, as she tells Mitch, an "upfront person". Secret-keeping damaged her relationship with Mitch, and it would probably damage her relationship with Jason, should she have one. Connie needs to be with someone with whom she is equal, and Jason, as of now, is not that person. (Perhaps Jeff Lewis, however, is...)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:I think Jason would be more prone to get Connie riled up than to calm her down, quite frankly. Connie needs someone who thinks with their head first, and Jason is not a character known for doing that—it's just not his nature. Connie needs to be with a guy who is practical and level-headed, and someone who doesn't have so many secrets. Connie's curious, but she's not the kind of person who is into all the intrigue and spying—she is, as she tells Mitch, an "upfront person". Secret-keeping damaged her relationship with Mitch, and it would probably damage her relationship with Jason, should she have one. Connie needs to be with someone with whom she is equal, and Jason, as of now, is not that person. (Perhaps Jeff Lewis, however, is...)
This is well-thought out, and I really agree. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

People keep saying J+C NOOOOOO way. I think Jason and Tasha. But Connie needs a long fun vaction with friends.
Proud K.R.E Member
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

With all that has happened to her recently I've been pleased to see her mature. She seems to be deepening as a character. I would caution those who long for something exciting to happen to her career or romance wise. I love that stuff is happening to her now. I love her friendship with Penny and Wooton. However, not everyone has exciting romantic lives or exciting careers, and Connie does a lot for the world by working at Whit's End. I think she realized that before. There were a lot of episodes where she searched for her calling and I felt that what she learned was that though Whit's End isn't a shiny job it is a good one that helps her reach out to kids. I don't want a repeat of all that.
I am a little sad that they brought Jeff Lewis back, made him a Christian now, he who does have a good personality for Connie, AND made him seek out Connie, AND made Penny get all suspicious and then just dropped that. We have only seen Jeff since on the OAC in missionary episodes, we haven't seen any more interaction with him and Connie. One problem there is that his job is dangerous and causes him to travel, a lot like Mitch, but without the secrets. It just seems weird that they would build something up and then just drop it.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ohmigoodness, Hooligan, I agree with you so thoroughly. When people start complaining Connie's character seems stagnant, they inevtably say some variation of she's "stuck dishing out ice cream forever." So what would the remedy to that be? Starting her own business, which she did years ago? More importantly, moving forward as a character has little to nothing to do with where you are physically. Having the same job for years doesn't prevent you from growing.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

I think they want her stuck in WE forever.
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I would like to see what it would be like if she had a different job, or maybe if she added on another job to her Whit's End job (an episode should show that in a R.O.C. adventure), but I think it would be weird to see her out of her job that she's had the entire show. Maybe she could make the change only temporary (like a few episodes) then return to Whit's End.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Well, it's not like she hasn't had other jobs. In addition to the wedding-planning business "Dreams by Constance", she's also done work as a camp counselor and worked for awhile for Tom Riley at the Timothy Center.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love