Doctor Who?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I saw that! It was really awesome!I like how they showed a bunch of the older Doctors. Sad thing is I won't even be able to see it sense I just started the 5th season. Have you guys seen the new Doctor yet?
Thoughts?
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

*hides eyes*
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Stella C. wrote:*hides eyes*
Ha, he's not that bad.....is he? I think it's kind of cool that they have an older Doctor again, this time no companion will fall in live with him ;) . But we really just need to see him in action before we an really tell how we like him.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

So I just watched the clip of where 11 regenerates in 12, and... well... uhm... Capaldi is... umm... interesting... (KIDNEYS!!!!! LOL) But anyway, the fact that Amy is there as a dream is just so so SO sweet. (Even tho I really wish it had been Rose. I ship 10/Rose something terrible xD) I liked Moffat a tiny insy bit better for that. And did I mention I cried when he regenerated? Well, I did. But he regenerated so fast I didn't have time for full-blown sobbing. Does Moffat put a hilarious part right after regeneration to make you feel better? That's nice of him... I suppose... but it also doesn't respect your feels. *glares at Moffat*
Last edited by Ashley on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakko
Pistachio

I loved the Christmas special, it was so sad though. I like that Amy showed up in his dream, and I can't wait to see more of the twelfth doctor!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

In this thread, you try to convince me to become a Whovian!

This should be fun.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Because it is the definition of epic. Really. And the story lines are amazing.
AND IT IS BRITISH.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Because it's neato! :D And the acting is good. AND IT IS BRITISH. What other reason needest thou? :)
Purple Panda
Strawberry

Okay, Mr. Whit's End, here's the idea:

I've just recently gotten into Doctor Who, previously having had convinced myself that people who were overly-dedicated Whovians were just brain washed lunatics. But... there is something very compelling about the series once you begin. It starts out slightly retro looking, the styles, technology and references emerging from the end of 20th century. But as far as I can tell, that doesn't matter once you're caught up to the present end of the show. The characters (the Doctor in particular) are engaging, peculiar, and the concept of the show is quite clever. After re-emerging since the old Doctor Who, the show has improved dramatically. The classic space time continuum/time travel concept is just fun, and since it's not just time but space, the places in which all of the Doctor's/and his companion's adventures take place in foreign planets, countries, and galaxies.
And as time goes on, and they like to shake things up by adding new story arcs, characters, and threats, you become attached to the show in what can be very healthy (but don't get too attached; no Netflix binging)

And though I don't want to sound too much like my posting predecessors, it is British. Brits are just fun people.

There's my bit. I can't convince you to become a Whovian, because you can't be one until you like the show. So there's me trying to convince you to watch it. The Whovian bit is part of the deal. Once you get into the show (because you will most likely) be sure to show us pictures of your excessive merchandise and apparel!
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I hate Doctor Who. :evil: There's no reason you should watch it.

Yes, that's a trollish comment, but I'm serious. I can't stomach it.

Buuuuuuut, maybe you'd like it, who knows? :D We can always leave that option open.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

You should watch Doctor Who because of the Doctor. There is no one like him in the universe. He is compassionate and powerful and alien and awesome and he can travel through space and time. It's a show for those who love imagination and adventure. The sense of history in the show...so much history of a man who has lived 11 lives....And now there is the excitement of finding out what the new doctor will be like! There's always something new in Doctor Who. It's not like any other show that ever was or ever will be.

There is my somewhat incoherently enthusiastic comment.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

So should I just start on series 1 of the reboot?
Wakko
Pistachio

You can do that, but the first series is incredibly cheesy. I suggest series 5 to start, or you can do series 1.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I've bought a few episodes on itunes so far:
Series 1
Aliens in London
World War Three

Series 5
The Eleventh Hour
The Beast Below
Victory of the Daleks

Series 7?
Time of the Doctor
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Why should you watch Doctor Who?

Cuz.

That's all, folks.

Oooooh! Good choices. But don't watch Time of the Doctor yet, it could spoil a LOT. Honestly, I'd suggest just starting from the beginning, not skipping around. If you have Netflix, they have series 1-6 on there. Watch those in order. :D If you watch like that, you could get spoiled. But I would suggest watching those series 5 episodes. Matt Smith is da bomb. :D And I love those ones.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yeah. Time of the Doctor spoiled a lot, but I...kind of accidentally spoiled it anyway reading the Dr. Who wiki so I didn't see the harm...:oops:. I only know the details up to the end of Series 5, so I'll just stop reading from there. The Eleventh Hour was awesome (The Atraxi obviously have never seen the internet if they don't think the world is a threat), The Beast Below was average, and Victory of the Daleks was awesome (EXTERMINATE!!). Farting aliens were annoying. World War Three annoyed me (serious moment, fart. serious moment, fart. again and again). I think I might skip to Series 5 since that's kind of reboot-ish (new Doctor, new Tardis, new screwdriver, new companion, etc.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Reading this, I'm still not quite certain why we non-whovians should watch. Star Trek has trips to imaginary other planets,. Being British isn't enough, plenty of shows are British. And if you want likably goofy characters who regenerate into different versions of themselves, watch you-know-what.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Blitz
Moose Tracks

It is fun. ;) What else can I say?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Rosy
Cookie Dough

My main question for Whovians is, much violence and weird-alien-magic-technology-stuff is there?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Violence: Maybe a 2/5. Alien guns, traditional guns, occasionally. No gore or gushing blood.
Alien technology: 4/5. But magic? None.