My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Do you watch?

YES! It's the best show EVER!
19%
I enjoy it, along with many other "kids shows".
24%
Meh, it's ok I guess. I don't hate people who do watch it at least.
21%
The show is dumb. Why would you watch that?
23%
WORST SHOW EVER. DEATH TO ALL BRONIES!
13%

Total votes: 62

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Great remixers, all. I especially enjoyed the Babs one and, Rosy, and BORRRING one, Ben. Now then, what are everyone's favorite mlp videos?

Rosy and blondie, if you haven't already seen this, prepare to die.

finally, the mlp fan vid to end mlp fan vids...

Hrm. something's wrong here. I've never tried posting youtube videos before, and I guess I'm doing it wrong. I copied the URL and inserted it into youtube coding... what am i missing?
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Ta-da, fixed with the help of DanP740! You left https in the tag, where it should have been http.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I've seen several versions of Luna/Let it Go, but I think that one is the best. Not to mention the fact it's the only one that hasn't been deleted by Disney for copyright grounds. ;)
Ah, Snowdrop. Did you cry when you first watched it, PF? I did. =P
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:
Metal15 wrote:
Helios wrote:Gah, y'all have made this page practically impossible to load with all them videos. *grits teeth* Now I REALLY hate MLP. :twisted:
Yay! :D *Would +1 post if possible*
Have you guys tried Mlp:FiM?
Um........................................................

Nope. What's FiM stand for? :?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Friendship is Magic, Generation 4 of MLP. Which is by far the best generation there is. If FiM was anything like the other generations, then no way would I still like it. But it's not, it's totally awesome.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Ohooooooooooooooooo.......................thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat..............

Then in answer, Dreamwalker, no I haven't tried it.

NOR DO I INTEND TO. :twisted:

Metal's word is enough for me. ;)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Oh MY GOODNESS! MLP MUSIC! *sigh*

I love the Filli Vanilli song! :) I liked that Big Mac actually said something other then "A-yup." :mrgreen:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

To all you My Little Pony fans out there, today is Derpy Day!

March 1st is Derpy Day. It can be celebrated by:
Eating muffins
Wearing gray
Making derpy eyes in mirrors and photos
Delivering letters by hand

I'm planning to have some fun! Happy Derpy Day y'all!

Y' know, I think this board is going to become insufferable now that Arkán has become a Brony.That just capped everything off.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

:o I ate muffins today, and I tried to make derpy eyes, but that was not successful.

I did not realize you had converted to Bronyism.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wow..I did none of these. :(

I actually just now went cross eyed...which I can do at whim, but it isn't quiiite the same.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

T.S. (myself) wrote::o I ate muffins today, and I tried to make derpy eyes, but that was not successful.

I did not realize you had converted to Bronyism.
You can be made aware of it here.

Let this serve as an announcement as well, then. Arkán has become a fan of this show.

And can therefore be called a Brony.

If someone had told be I would become a brony I would have looked at them cluelessly. But the show is really fun, the fan art is really fun, and the fan music is really fun.

Are you a brony T.S.?
~ Walker in Dreams
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Wow, I didn't do any of those things... :? Wait... I had a little bit of gray in my skirt! :mrgreen: I'm good!
-Nicolas Cage
Purple Panda
Strawberry

I'm sorry to interject on this enthusiastic exchange of MLP love, but would anyone care to explain to me why so many teenagers are crazy about a television show for little kids? Is there like a brain washing sequence in the middle of each episode that renews your inexplicable love for the show?

I'm open to thoughts, I'm sure you have very good reasons, and you all seem like the best people to explain to me, since you love MLP soooo much. Maybe this show is actually super fun and cute, and it distracts you from your daily life, or maybe, our generation has struck gold in the touchy-feely department, and can now unlock sensitivity and goodwill that will carry on into the rest of your lives. Or perhaps not.
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Helios
Butter Pecan

Perhaps, Panda, these are people desperately in need of some serious psychoanalysis. :twisted:

I hardly think MLP will unlock sensitivity and goodwill that will carry on for the rest of their lives, considering the fact that one of the biggest contributors to MLP praise is also not exactly someone who's list of attributes would include “sensitive”. But that's just my opinion.

I'm curious, tho. This is the “MLP and other guilty pleasures kids shows” thread. Does that mean I can talk about shows other than MLP that I consider to be “guilty pleasures?” :)
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Personally, I have always appreciated things meant for young people, including TV shows such as Ducktales and Rescue Rangers.
I am constantly shocked by MLP:FiM. Watching TV shows taught me what is and isn't done, but MLP brings back minor characters, has fun characters just in the background, had a character reply to the question "Was it something I said?", and just did all the things I would do writing a TV show and broke all the inferiorities of previous shows.
It is fun and innocent, with real fun characters.
It does get a bit to girly for my taste here and there, but is mostly great for all ages and genders.
~ Walker in Dreams
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I love it for the physical humor, the facial expressions, sarcasm and even the light and simple animation. When I heard that Ben and Lexi liked it, I was like "Are you serious!?" Then I watch a few occasional episodes and I was glued. *points to avatar and sig*
-Nicolas Cage
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Well, Kevin, to answer your question, you can indeed talk about other 'guilty pleasure' kids shows. So feel free to unload your hidden obsession with Power Rangers, Barney, and Teletubbies.

*pops some popcorn and sits down to watch*
Purple Panda
Strawberry

Oh, Kevin... I'm not saying you have to be sensitive to like it, only that watching it obsessively may increase your sensitivity in general. But yes, do unload your childhood remnants on us if you must :P
*pulls up second chair and steals Gratia's popcorn*
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Helios
Butter Pecan

That was nasty of you to steal her popcorn. :twisted:

Okay, my guilty pleasure is.... *drum roll*......
Ben Ten.
Since it is made for like, 10-year-old boys, I'd consider a guilty pleasure for a girl of my age. :P And since I absolutely LUUUUVE young cuteys who get caught in scream-inducing predicaments, it's....so.......pleasurable. Then afterward I feel ashamed of myself—hence the guilt. ;)
But the real reason I like it can be summed up in one word and one word only: KEVIN.
No, not my nickname. I mean Gwen's boyfriend Kevin, who's like the most roguishly charming guy since Han Solo (and he's done by Greg Cipes—I have a thing for Greg Cipes) :D
So, have I induced anyone to starting “hurling their corn” yet? (incidentally, I've hurled popcorn once—it was most disgusting) :)
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

So, ya, the other day I tried to open this topic, and my computer crashed :(

Anywho, no worries, Helios *ahem* Kevin, I used to always try to watch that show at a friends house..... But she'd always change the channel :( I got so upset.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!