Soda Shop Board of Security and Defense

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Vote!

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Pound Foolish
10%
Wretched Sinner
9%
Arkán Dreamwalker
10%
God's Girl
15%
Old Judge
15%
Underseasie
12%
Waldo
10%
Nelson S.
4%
T.S. (myself)
13%

Total votes: 67

Whitfan
Strawberry

Can someone please explain in layman terms what tbis whole thing is about to those just joining us?
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Oh, I DEFANETALLY nominatate PF!! OK, maybe he's not perfect, but he would probably be pretty good at this.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

So we have seven nominations I believe.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

O.o I can't believe I let this get so behind. Thank you for bringing it back up, Arkán.

Because we have nine nominations (I'm counting my nomination suggestion), we will now vote.
Aftershocker wrote:
Whitfan wrote:I totally agree with Mr. Whits End. Maybe this is a prank. I say no need to get worried until something real happens.
We aren't worried. We are preparing ourselves. :)
Agreed. We cannot let this matter sit too long. I don't know what kind of security mechanisms, if any, that the ToO has in place. For all we know, a member with a petty vendetta against us could set off those missiles on a whim.

We will have the following nominees for the SSBOSAD:

Pound Foolish
Wretched Sinner (I'm sure this pair will be delighted to be working together again)
Arkán Dreamwalker
Waldo (Odyssey Fan Wiley)
The Old Judge
T.S. (myself)
God's Girl
Underseasie

If any of you feel like you lack the time to be on the Board, please let me know immediately and you will be removed from consideration. The basic responsibilities of a SSBOSAD member will include frequent, creative decision making, discussing security options for the Soda Shop, and the possible development of weapons. You will need to give somewhat regular input into Board decisions.

All of these people would serve the Soda Shop well, but only six will make it onto the Security and Defense Board. Voting will take place over the next week. If anyone must drop off the Board in the future, one of the nominees who was not voted in will take their place.

You may vote for the six members you think will best serve the Soda Shop through the Board. If you are a nominee, please do not vote for yourself.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I would like to be removed from the list. For starters, I don't really even know what this is about. Second, this seems kind of ridiculous. And thirdly, I'm too busy. Haha. So thank you to the people who voted for me, but I must decline.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Alright. Thank you for announcing this.

Everyone, please change your votes from Nelson to someone else. Thank you.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Can you please take me off the list of nominations?

I am very flattered to be on the list, I just don't want to commit to anything like this right now. Thank you!
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I am not certain, but I think an Attack Missile landed nearby.
~ Walker in Dreams
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

All right? Um...congratulations?
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

WHAT?! This is a matter of- oh never mind, you clearly don't know what is going on.
~ Walker in Dreams
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yeah, mainly because you haven't said anything about this supposed "threat" other than it's threatening to destroy some random MLP forum somewhere in ToOland or something like that.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I haven't been paying much attention to this (although little ol' moi is nominated, naturally), but wait. Is the ToO actually and really getting rid of an MLP forum? That's... that's... It's so inhuman I could just scream. Woody, how could you? Really though, how could anyone do that? Why!?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

Maybe because they're under mind-control or something... :twisted:

It could be a virus engineered to look like a missile-attack.

Or has a certain walker been messing with too much magic lately...? O.o
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Helios wrote:Maybe because they're under mind-control or something... :twisted:

It could be a virus engineered to look like a missile-attack.

Or has a certain walker been messing with too much magic lately...? O.o
I resent that implication.
~ Walker in Dreams
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

GG6153 and TOJ are tied. What will they do?