Album 58: The Ties That Bind Speculation

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Wakko
Pistachio

Definitely one of the more interesting album titles.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Hmmmm. Let the speculation of the contents of the album begin! xD
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

First off I'd like to note that The Ties that Bind is also the name of an episode. I'm curious as to if it's a multi-part episdoe. Secondly, here's my speculation.

Theory one: Building Connie's character.
It could be a reflection episode of sorts. She could learn of different ties that her Mom had to people and in particular specific people that she made a huge influence on. Could also include flashbacks to scenes involving June, some in episodes, and some not. It could mainly focus and follow Connie. Kinda similar to the idea of Silent Night. The hymn similar to the episode name was originally sung as a farewell. It could be symbolic in that sense.

Theory two: Dealing with Jason
The ties that bind could be some sort of reference to Jason's connection to the NSA, FBI, and all other involvement in spies, and deception. It could really develop Jason's spiritual growth, and wrestle out a battle inside of him. I hope we'll see some gradual growth in Jason. We've not seen Jason's spiritual side for a while, and this kind of thing could be interesting.

Theory three: Hymn back story
I don't really think this is a huge possibility. The back story of a hymn really wouldn't be important enough to also claim the title of the album. If they tied in the back story, I'm more inclined to think that it'd be as part of dealing with June's death as noted in theory one.

Theory Four: Parkers
The Parker family could be trying spend more time as a family. They've been spending a lot of time in the confines of their own spaces. David is inspired to do more things as a family, but has trouble finding things they all truly agree on. How can he get the point across that it's not about they do as a family but that it's time spent together? With Whit's help, David and Eva send the kids on three separate IS adventures. They experience three different family situations. I.e: Orphanage, single parent home, and an abusive family situation. So then they appreciate family time a bit more, and agree to ALL participate even though some activities may not be as fun as other activities.

Side note: Theory one and two are theories for occurances in the album as well not necessarily this episode. Theory four is for this specific episode.
Reddo
Strawberry

I think theory 4 sound likely, especially with the fact that 58 is based off of some ideas from FOTF "the Family Project"...
Helios
Butter Pecan

I agree with Reddo, theory 4 is something they will probably do. Not to mention it sounds like it would make a very interesting episode.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Honestly? I don't think they will do 4, at least not the abusive family one. Maybe the others, but I just can't see FOTF covering that subject. I could possibly see it pre-hiatus, but definitely not post.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yeah, theory 4 would probably pass with the Washingtons pre-hiatus, but I highly doubt that FOTF would do with the Parkers.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

If we were going with Theory 4, the Transmuter would work better. The Imagination Station places you in an event as a spectator, but the Transmuter places you in this certain person's life. You would actually be feeling the pain of the dysfunctional family instead of being a bystander or a fly on the wall.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well thought out theories, Jason. Hard to say, but hey, one of them might actually be remotely similar to what the episodes turn out to be. (I myself have no clue. We need a predicting ostrich.)

Good point, OJ. But as we both know, bringing back the transmuter if no more than a wish upon a shooting star.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Audrey wrote:Honestly? I don't think they will do 4, at least not the abusive family one. Maybe the others, but I just can't see FOTF covering that subject. I could possibly see it pre-hiatus, but definitely not post.
I spose you might be right. I do recall shows touching on abuse and alcoholism post hiatus, but I don't know how will they are to push the boundaries now. The exception would be Life Expectencies. I feel like that topic pushed the post hiatus boundaries a bit.

The Old Judge wrote:If we were going with Theory 4, the Transmuter would work better. The Imagination Station places you in an event as a spectator, but the Transmuter places you in this certain person's life. You would actually be feeling the pain of the dysfunctional family instead of being a bystander or a fly on the wall.
Another thought would be for each of them to use a different invention, thus it happening at the same time in various ways. One person using the transmuter, one the IS, and one the Inspiration Station. However as Pound Foolish said it's probably not likely.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

But we don't know that the Inspiration Station is capable of that. The Room of Consequence is, however, since we saw it could be programmed to plug a person into somebody else's life. (For those that don't remember, Jason programmed the ROC in Soaplessly Devoted so Erica Clark could be Holly Donahue.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Helios
Butter Pecan

Is the Inspiration Station capable of anything except turning Connie into a psycho? :?
Jason
Cookies & Creme

The Old Judge wrote:But we don't know that the Inspiration Station is capable of that. The Room of Consequence is, however, since we saw it could be programmed to plug a person into somebody else's life. (For those that don't remember, Jason programmed the ROC in Soaplessly Devoted so Erica Clark could be Holly Donahue.)
True, but the purpose was to show Erica the consequences of actions within Soap Operas. If they used the ROC they could also use it in a way that didn't plug a person into someone elses life but as a result of their actions currently being made. I do think that since the primary role of the Inspiration Station is to INSPIRE, I think it could be used in ways that inspire the user to make some sort of change or to act a specific way.
Helios wrote:Is the Inspiration Station capable of anything except turning Connie into a psycho? :?
Good question. I'd just like to see more of it, or at least hear that it's still around. One time wonders are a little blech.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Jason wrote:
Helios wrote:Is the Inspiration Station capable of anything except turning Connie into a psycho? :?
Good question. I'd just like to see more of it, or at least hear that it's still around. One time wonders are a little blech.
Agreed. About that one-time wonder thing. Maybe Matthew broke it.
Reddo
Strawberry

it was supposed to be in 56, but for some unannounced reason it got cut
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

They've released the cover of Album 58. What do you guys think?

Source: http://aioupdate.weebly.com/1/post/2014 ... eased.html
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Family spat in the future for the Parkers?
Wakko
Pistachio

Matthew's on the cover. Do you think they got a new actor or kept Zach?
DragRacingFanatic
Strawberry

Whoa. Eugene looks like a little kid in this picture...
If you sneezed while reading this, bless you.
Wakko
Pistachio

DragRacingFanatic wrote:Whoa. Eugene looks like a little kid in this picture...
:lol: Yeah I think they could've done a better job as far as character illustrations.
(200th Post!)