Jeff and Connie going on a missions trip

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
~Cowgirl Forever~
Chocolate Chip

Jeff and Connie going on a missions trip

I hope they do. Do you?
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

That would be really cool!
~Cowgirl Forever~
Chocolate Chip

Then they might get married at least that is want I want. :p
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Huh. Interesting idea. It might be cool to see Connie go on a missions trip (although I'm not super interested in those storylines), but unless they plan on having Jeff and Connie get together, I don't think it would be with Jeff.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

And it would be with a group, if anything. If Focus would write a storyline about a guy and a girl, who have had romantic interest in the past, going off to another country for an extended period of time, I'd be a bit shocked.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wakko
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:And it would be with a group, if anything. If Focus would write a storyline about a guy and a girl, who have had romantic interest in the past, going off to another country for an extended period of time, I'd be a bit shocked.
:lol: Yeah I highly doubt that'll happen unless someone went with them.
~Cowgirl Forever~
Chocolate Chip

That is what I meant sorry.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Please, please, please. No more mission trips. Ending with one was mildly fascinating. Beginning the next album with one when we had just closed the previous season with one is unbearable. And I didn't even listen to it (not being part of OAC.)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I actually agree with PF on this. As much as I like missions episodes, I think they have been making a lot of them.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
~Cowgirl Forever~
Chocolate Chip

I did not think of it that way
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Neither do I. Being an MK of course.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Well...if Connie is afraid of staplers, I don't think she really has a chance surviving a missions trip.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ya great idea. I love mission trips!
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Have you ever been on one?
Debate Vampire

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Jason and Connie should. Jason's been a missionary, after all.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Has been. It would be against his new character to go traveling...
Debate Vampire

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:Jason and Connie should. Jason's been a missionary, after all.
So has Jeff; that was the whole point of "The Pilot".
Wodfamchocsod wrote:Well...if Connie is afraid of staplers, I don't think she really has a chance surviving a missions trip.
Having a phobia does not an incapacitated person make; I have arachnophobia and I've been on several mission trips. Just because Connie doesn't like to use staplers doesn't make her grossly incompetent.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:
I know that. If she wanted a missionary there was already one around. :)

-- Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:55 pm --
Blitz wrote:Has been. It would be against his new character to go traveling...
I don't buy the fact that Jason has totally changed character. He might be settled down for a little while, especially after the whole Labyrinth thing, but I don't think he's done a total 180 and will never want to go traveling again. People just don't change character like that; it's in his nature as an ESTP (probably what he is as Tiger pointed out).

Now whether he would ever be an agent again is another matter.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:
I know that. If she wanted a missionary there was already one around. :)
I get what you're saying. The question is just whether or not Connie should go with Jeff, though, not whether or not she wants to.

But the thing is, storytelling-wise it would make more sense for Connie and Jason to go together anyway because their relationship has more solidarity and trust than Connie and Jeff. On the mission field, I would assume that you would need someone with whom you've already built up a bond of trust, and that's a bond that I don't think Jeff and Connie have yet. If they develop a believable friendship and then go, then I see no reason why not, but if they're not that close (and as of now, they're not), then I don't think they should go by themselves on a mission trip.
Ameraka wrote:
Blitz wrote:Has been. It would be against his new character to go traveling...
I don't buy the fact that Jason has totally changed character. He might be settled down for a little while, especially after the whole Labyrinth thing, but I don't think he's done a total 180 and will never want to go traveling again. People just don't change character like that; it's in his nature as an ESTP (probably what he is as Tiger pointed out).

Now whether he would ever be an agent again is another matter.
Yes. This, exactly. Jason settling down isn't a drastic change in his character; near as I can tell, he's just taking a break. I don't think he miraculously became a domestic 9-5 worker over the course of "Home Again"; Jason seems like the kind of person who is contented until he's not, if that makes sense.

That aside, if that really is Jason's character now, I would call that plain bad writing. =/ As Ameraka pointed out, characters don't just arbitrarily change intrinsic parts of themselves.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Therefore, Jason is not a credible candidate for Connie to marry because she prefers a settled life. So both ideas clash.

Also, a lot of people go on mission trips with people they don't know well...
Debate Vampire