Avery Awards

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Avery Awards

The avery awards have just been announced what were your thoughts about them? Post em here!
Mara
Pistachio

I thought they were cool. Although I really loved the episode, I think Home Again shouldn't have won as many awards as it did. Don't get me wrong, I loved the episode! :D
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

Ever Notice how one episode wins everything? :P
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Well I was happy because Home Again was my favorite :D But I voted correctly on Best Sound, Best Script, Best Scene, and Best Overall Episode. :mrgreen:
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

There were episodes such as "The Perfect Church", "The Lost Riddle", "Great Expectations" and "Groundhog Jay" that I wish got some more recognition...
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I agree Ben W.
I had a list that I made when we were allowed to vote. I put all of the contestants that I thought were gonna win. Then I made another list of contestants that would be the majority.
But ultimately, both of my lists proved to be incorrect, except for a few.
Mara
Pistachio

I also agree. Those episodes were great too. Home Again was really good, but I wish some of those had won an award.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I fully expected to see The Perfect Church win something. But this year's Averys was a reminder that this is a kid's show, and kids love their fun, light, candy-like episodes. Heck, let's confess, who doesn't? And Jason returning amid a bunch of action, humor, and a role for long-gone Joanne is certainly candy.
But nobody's even mentioned the video format. Admit it, you loved it.
Anyhow, the highlight was seeing an exuberant Katie Leigh with her fan ice-cream recognition. It would've been great to see it go to Georgia, Dolenz, but as my sis put as we delightedly watched them together, "She earned it."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Well, I agreed with a lot of the awards, but wanted the Perfect Church and Groundhog Jay to win some more. I think Katie Leigh has won a lot. Too much, almost. I was kinda hoping one of the others would win. But I loved the format they did the video in. That was awesome! Last years was okay, but this was a video, so it made it even better :D Overall, i would rate this year's Avery Awards 9 out of 10. Can't wait for the next one :D
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Whit Hertford reminds me so much of Syndrome (IncrediBoy) from the Incredibles. I had seen pictures of him, but I hadn't really seen what he looked like when he talked until I watched the Averys.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mara
Pistachio

Wow GG! He does look like Syndrome!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

The only things I wished would have been different was The Perfect Church for "Best Overall Episode", and Dan Hagan as Drill Sergeant Combs for "Best Actor."
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Am I the only one who feels this season's Averys was making fun of us? ;) (Particularly a certain Josh and Ally and Mr. Thinker who shall remain nameless.)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

Dude, Poundy...

Everything is making fun of you.

You didn't know that?

:P
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I thought it was pretty funny, and I especially liked how the Blimey Cow people were in it. I guess they were kind of making fun of Odyssey fans, but I didn't mind.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Thank you, sir. It's always lovely to be noticed.

Yes, it was funny, but I still have no idea how BlimeyCow is connected to AIO. Everyone talks as if he is, and he comments on the Whit's End podcast, but when I checked out a couple of his videos they had nothing to do with the show. What am I missing?

I didn't mind either. It was really fun actually, it reminds you that they really do keep an eye on some of the goings on online once in a while.
Although, ironically, the satire didn't fit this Avery season. No one really paid all that much attention to Avery predicting. I don't think Josh and Ally, or Ben Warren, or Creative Thinker, or anyone did any Averys predicting this time around. I wonder why?
Helios
Butter Pecan

Why, you're welcome, ma'am. :D
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Blimey Cow has done some homeschool videos referencing Odyssey, and Garrett Vandenberg does music for their show, I believe.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Not only that, but the first time I heard of them was through the Blogcast, when the Peacheys interviewed them. From what I gathered the Taylors (Josh and Jordan, at least) grew up on Adventures in Odyssey. And Josh has a dormant account on the ToO. They've also worn AIO T-shirts in some of their videos.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

I woulda shoulda have, but college apps happened. If they hadn't, I would've probs done some commentary on how the fan favorites ALWAYS win and the same people ALWAYS win EVERY Averys and blah. I guess that would've made me just sound angry, so maybe college apps were a good thing. haha jk college apps are awful.

Helios is correct. Everything is supposed to make fun of PF.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/