The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

While we're on the subject of school, I have to read St. Augustine's Confessions.
You can't complain, AS.. :? ;)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Big Mountain Bigger God
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Scarlet, by Marissa Myers
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I was reading the Narnia series and in the middle of Prince Caspian when I got uninterested. Now I'm reading Heart Of a Samurai for school. I'm also reading The Bible. I'm still stuck in Genesis.

My favorite books are: The Moffats, (by Eleanor Estes) The Middle Moffat, (by Eleanor Estes) Pinky Pye, (by Eleanor Estes) Charlotte's Web, (by E.B. White) and The Trumpet of The Swan (by E.B. White). I also liked the Narnia series (I never finished it, though).
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Lily's Ultimate Party
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I just finished the Scarlet Letter and the Red Badge of Courage for school. I also just started Gilead by Marilynne Robinson because my youth leader suggested it. Oh, and I'm reading the series, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I am reading "The Circle Maker" by Mark and Parker Batterson... So far so good :)
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

GratiaDei wrote:I just finished the Scarlet Letter and the Red Badge of Courage for school.
These are good books. :) I finished The Valley of Fear (Sherlock Holmes novel), and Artemis Fowl book, and I'm attempting for the fourth time to get America the Beautiful from my library as an eBook. Literally every time it becomes available, something ends up happening that prevents me from getting it. I also started The Count of Monte Cristo. I had forgotten what a long books it is. :?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Mara
Pistachio

Almost done with the Serpent's Shadow :(
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

@TS: I love Sherlock Holmes! I'm pretty sure I've read that one, but I'm not sure...
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Triangle, how are the Artemis Fowl books? I keep seeing them around, and not sure if they're any good...

Liz, you have become my new favorite person :D I LOVE your sig and avvy! Dick van Dyke is one of my favorite TV show! I loved the episode from where your avatar came from ;)
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I lost the Heart Of A Samurai and I just finished The Alley, which is written by my favorite author Eleanor Estes. I started The Cricket In Times Square a couple nights ago. I'm on the third chapter. It's really short.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

dolphinlovr4ever wrote:Amerika's Fan Ficton

Awesome! :D <3

I just started reading In the First Circle by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. It's interesting so far--though I've just read the first 2 pages. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Stella C. wrote:Triangle, how are the Artemis Fowl books? I keep seeing them around, and not sure if they're any good...

Liz, you have become my new favorite person :D I LOVE your sig and avvy! Dick van Dyke is one of my favorite TV show! I loved the episode from where your avatar came from ;)
Ahhhhh!! I'm actually rewatching the series right nowwww :O so creepy O.o
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Wait, the series is a movie too??
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm about to start a new book and I only like reading one at a time. :P Which should I read?
Goose Girl~ Shannon Hale
Little Women~ Louisa May Alcott
Curse Of The Spider King~ Wayne Thomas Batson
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Little women. Read Little Women. I am reading "The Dark is Rising."
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

Right now I'm at the end of UNLEASH (Brock Eastman) the 3rd book in the QUEST FOR TRUTH series. I don't want to finish it. I want to bask in it's awesomeness. :p

I'm also starting another Grace Livingston Hill. It's called Lone Point. So far so good. :) I seem to like these two books/series a lot don't I?

I've also been reading as many horse books as I can get my hands on at my library. I have a super thick book all about horses, I've read all the horse series and books, so yeah. :p

I also got a Muppets comic book too. I already read it though. About 50,000,000,000 times. :lol:
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I am reading Animorphs.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Stella C. wrote:Triangle, how are the Artemis Fowl books? I keep seeing them around, and not sure if they're any good...
I've quite enjoyed them, although they're pretty different from what I typically read. Eoin Colfer has what I think of as a more modern, somewhat sarcastic writing style if that makes sense. Environmentalism is also a minor theme in most of the books. I mainly read the books for the strategy and brilliance of Artemis Fowl and his schemes. The perspective on the fairy folk is also very intriguing. Colfer is a clever writer.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle