Random things that make you think of AiO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I subscribe to God's World News, as some of you know. The new edition came in the mail yesterday, and on the back was an advertisement about saving money. What did it say in big, bold letters? Penny Wise. The strange thing is that was a CBD ad, which sells Adventures in Odyssey.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Every time I log into my computer, I get the Windows 8 menu screen, and every time, in the travel option, it says Budapest, Hungary :P You can guess what that makes me think of... ;)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Wakko
Pistachio

When I went to the store I saw 2 employees talking named Doris and Connie.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Was Doris eating a bag of pork rinds? :P

A new radio station has opened up in my area, and I've been eagerly listening whenever I can. It's a BBN station, so (shameless plug) you should check it out and see if there's one in your area. Click Here. Back on topic, the network is a complete ministry, running off of donations, so each year they have a Fall Share-a-Thon, which reminded me of Jack Allen and KYDS Radio on Share and Share Alike.

P.S. (Another reason to visit the site and see if there's one in your area is that BBN plays Adventures in Odyssey, Unshackled!, and Faith Crossing, their original teenage audio drama.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Today they were talking about a mud run on the radio and the announcer said that another benefit of the mud is that it's good for the skin. It reminded me of the scene in The Return where Edwin Blackgaard says, "I was taking a mudbath. It happens to be excellent for the skin. It heightens elasticity and promotes--oh, look, the point is, I wasn't here on this morning or any other morning."...

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I saw a store called Home Again. There's not much else to say...
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Today on a radio commercial for a sporting goods store, they said, "If they don't have it, you don't need it." Similar to one of Bart's slogans, substituting 'they' with 'we'.

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I watched a segment of an old 1946 Disney classic: Make Mine Music. In it, Sterling Holloway narrates the "Peter and the Wolf" segment. Holloway was the original voice of Winnie the Pooh, a role that was later inherited by Hal Smith. As you can imagine, it sounded very similar to Hal. I didn't even know there was another voice actor for Pooh before him until today.
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

yesterday a friend told me her phone is dying, deing, dieing, whatever, so
i thought of life expectancy
I know it is far fetched, but hey, it made me think of it.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Today I was sitting without my glasses becouse they needed fixing but I was able to make out a glasses brand ROBERT MITCHEL. Must I say anything else?
Mara
Pistachio

There's a kid named Eugene at my sister's school and whenever she is talking about him, I always picture Eugene Meltsner. It's so confusing... :mrgreen:
BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

I cannot tell you how many times I quote AIO throughout the day. For example, when someone wants to know a secret, "It involves a mop... and a bucket."
BHGodlyGovt
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was typing a document on Microsoft Word recently, and while I was making the document properties, I miswrote "Word"; starting with "WE." Hopefully you all get my thinking...
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

No, I don't get your thinking.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

WE= Whit's End.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

WE=The W.E.
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

TOday we were playing dodgeball and somone was counting one....two...three
I thought one two three Stop
Huh
I meant GO
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Riding on the church bus this morning, I noticed some little kids riding their bikes down the street. I pointed this out to the bus captain, and she replied that she had knocked on one of the kids' house, and a man had answered and adamantly replied that they were not going to church. They could when they make their own decisions, but not now. I commented that the man probably had a bad experience in church as a child, and now hates it. I immediately thought of Bart Rathbone and his bad experience in Sunday School that turned him against God.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Earlier today Mom was talking about how her boss was moving to a new position and the employees were still concerned about something they didn't need to be concerned about (I don't even remember what exactly it was about). I said, "There's no excuse", and then I thought, "There's no excuse for you" like the one guy says in "Real Time" when Connie says "excuse me" when trying to park (I think).

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

@Ameraka: The employees being concerned about the boss' actions, and your mom in particular, sound like a scene right out of With A Little Help From My Friends.