Love... Wooton, and Penny: Will They Ever Admit It?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.

Penny and Wooton: for or against?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I think Penny should tell Wooton she loves him
24%
I think Wooton should tell Penny he loves her
41%
I think their love should end
35%

Total votes: 17

Emms
Vanilla

i like wooton and Penny and they are fun together but the idea of marrying wooton is kind of scary, lol. i think it would be fine but its weird having the characters not as serious doing someting like that.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

It would be an awful courtship. They are to immature to marry. And their kids I couldn't imagine.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I beg your pardon? And with what information can you support that, Mr?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I mean how many times to Penny and Wooton get side tracked in a single episode. Their kids would be ultimate freaks. And at their wedding, what would they say for their vows.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

As to getting side tracked, that can be true enough.... but more often than not they're advancing the plot (Home Again, GRC, A Penny Saved) so your statement is confusing.
The kids would likely be freaks... or who knows, maybe they'd have a sensible kid who just couldn't get along with her or his parents. Now that would be interesting.
As to their vows... Oh goody, that makes one want them married even more.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Blitz wrote:I mean how many times to Penny and Wooton get side tracked in a single episode. Their kids would be ultimate freaks. And at their wedding, what would they say for their vows.
They may have qualities that make it seem like they couldn't have life partners, but they also have pure, childlike love for each other, and I think that trumps all other reasons that you feel that they can't get married. Their marriage wouldn't perfect, but then again, whose is?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I think that one day Wooton should notice Penny listening to "The Pool Boys", and Wooton (deeply contemplating asking her to marry him) knows that that was a sign and ask her!! ;) That episode should be called "For Wooton the Bells Toll!" :lol:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I think that they should get married, but we need some episodes first about Penny growing more in her maturity and becoming a stronger Christian. I think that being married would change them both a little bit, but both are already caring and loving and compassionate. Marriage would highlight those qualities, right? And a courtship/wedding would be hilarious. AIO could do some really fun stuff with that, something like For Better or for Worse(I love that episode!).
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

How does Penny fall short as a Christian? She does her very best, and that's all God asks.
Hear hear on adoring For Better or Worse. My siblings and I have listened to that more than any other three parter.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I wish they'd get married but I don't think it'd ever happen.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
sing
Raspberry Ripple

GratiaDei wrote:I think that they should get married, but we need some episodes first about Penny growing more in her maturity and becoming a stronger Christian. I think that being married would change them both a little bit, but both are already caring and loving and compassionate. Marriage would highlight those qualities, right? And a courtship/wedding would be hilarious. AIO could do some really fun stuff with that, something like For Better or for Worse(I love that episode!).

agreed! As for how wooton should propose, well that could be fun! why not make a licorice ring, and hide it in her rasberry soda?!!

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

That would be funny! :lol: They would have to be on a picnic... or in a jail... :lol:
-Nicolas Cage
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I've sort of revised my opinion on this after some consideration. While it would certainly be a bad idea to have Wooton and Penny get married, say, next album, I'm not opposed to them getting married in ten albums. However, the writers are eventually going to have to get serious about their relationship: a small mutual crush is not a basis for marriage or even serious dating, and episodes with only hints of attraction are going to get really boring really fast. We've had four albums of them dwindling in light, hint-hint romance, and that's enough for me.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Penny and Wooton, stop hiding. Throw yourselves into each others' arms! Risk it all! Go the mile! Fall in love!
The world is yours!
... What's that look for?
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

@PF, You frighten me child... O.o

I think they should meet each others families before they get deeper into their relationship. ;)
-Nicolas Cage
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wooton & Penny meeting Wooton's dad together... Now there's a scary thought...

But yes, I agree with PF. Spare me all this light, shy, whimpy romance! I want drama! Horrible breakups and new fiancees that bring characters to tears! Loud exclamations of "I love you!" in public! Dating! Marriage! Consumption of fresh licorice!

Now doesn't that sound more like it?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Wooton & Penny meeting Wooton's dad together... Now there's a scary thought...

But yes, I agree with PF. Spare me all this light, shy, whimpy romance! I want drama! Horrible breakups and new fiancees that bring characters to tears! Loud exclamations of "I love you!" in public! Dating! Marriage! Consumption of fresh licorice!

Now doesn't that sound more like it?
Well said!!!
Sage
Caramel Crunch

The reason Penny and Wooton shouldn't be together is because they're so alike! Wooton needs someone level-headed, as does Penny. Every counterpart needs a balance.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Or... Since they would disagree on everything if Penny were levelheaded... maybe they enjoy being the only people as nutty as they are together, and everyone else in the world, who's more levelheaded than they, could correct them when they get too crazy.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Wooton & Penny meeting Wooton's dad together... Now there's a scary thought...
That's why it would be a great episode! Even though Penny would probably be freaked out of him, She would still need to respect him.

Who knows, maybe God putting Penny in Winston life would convict him to become a christian!! :) (forgive me if I didn't phrase it right or something. I'm not very good with words. :oops: )
-Nicolas Cage