Paws & Tales

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Paws & Tales

Anyone heard of it?

It's a bit like Adventures in Odyssey. It's a show for younger kids, like for 4-8 year olds. But really good nonetheless. You may be thinking, "Oh, it's a little kid show. It must be pretty boring." That is far from the truth. Really the only difference between Paws & Tales and AIO is the fact that the characters are forest animals. Pretty cool huh?

Paws & Tales is set in the fictional town of Wildwood. The central characters are a group of children named C.J., Staci, Ned, Gooz, and Marsha – and their clubhouse, "The Fortress." The kids learn Godly lessons from the sage grizzly bear Paw Paw Chuck. It's really a lot of fun!

Each episode stands alone as a valuable lesson for kids. The series works as a whole to help you form a firm spiritual foundation.

If you want to give it a listen while waiting for AIO album #57 to come out, the site is http://www.insight.org/pawsandtales/radio.html. Just click on "Listen Now!", and it will play the latest broadcast.

And if you really get into it, subscribe to their weekly podcast that broadcasts a new episode every Friday!
(Just click on USA or Canada, depending on which country you're in.) http://www.insight.org/pawsandtales/paws-cast.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm gonna be upfront about this... I like Paws & Tales more than Adventures in Odyssey.

POW. It's shocking, I know. With Paws & Tales, I actually get Biblical wisdom! But with AIO, I don't really learn anything new. :/ Which is a shame. It doesn't mean I don't like AIO anymore, I still do. I know the old episodes of AIO had some great Biblical wisdom and all, but I just enjoy Paws & Tales more.

Hate on me if you wish. ;)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I like Paws and Tales! I don't know if I like it more then AIO... but... I like them both for different reasons.

I love AIO because I'm really familiar with the characters (I grew up with them)! I love the spiritual depth of the old ones!! The new ones... not so much.

I like Paws and Tale because the situations they get into are really relatable and easy to understand. And the way they get out of them are superb!
There's one episode (I won't go into great detail) where one of the main character does something wrong and covers it up with a lie. When his parents find out, he apologizes to his parents, God and whoever else was involved. But he never really repented or felt sorry for what he did. In the end, even though he asked for forgiveness, he's left with a stain of unremorse.

When I was listening to the episode, and it came near the end I expected it to end like any other forgiveness episode. When I heard the outcome I was very impressed! They gave the "not-so-positive" outcome, that (for some of us) is a big issue of being so proud and not wanting to admit their wrong.

So I can see where Ben is coming from when he says he likes Paws and Tales more. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

I love Paws&Tales! :D

I used to hear it every saturday morning! :D

I still do when I wake up early.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I listen to Paws and Tales once in a while. It's interesting that John Campbell has done music for AIO, P&T, and DGL. All shows that I enjoy listening to.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It has a lot of charm... We own a few albums. But our consumption of it doesn't even compare. I and my siblings listen to at least one Adventures in Odyssey almost every day, often five or six. We listen to P&T about... when was the time we listened to?
As you say, it's essentially the same as AIO: fun, goofy kid characters from the nutso comedy reliefs (Gooz=Jared and Jay) to the smart, take charge character with an occasional attitude (Stacy=Sarah Pratchett, Emily) and the kind, average Joe (CJ-=Trent, Cody, Sam) and of course the bully (Hugh=Rodney and Vance.) There's a likable grandfather figure you bond to who dishes out Biblical lessons. And it all takes place in a seemingly quiet small town where anything can happen.
In fact, when you look at it that way, it's so similar, perhaps the creators drew inspiration form Odyssey!?
In any case, I was attracted to these because I had the books on tape when I was little. And the CG dvds are a lot more enjoyable than the Odyssey cartoons.
However we just don't go for it anywhere near as much. Maybe it's that the characters aren't as formulated... maybe the plots are more predictable and conventional... maybe they aren't as thought provoking...
Or maybe it's just we fell in love with Odyssey first. That's where our heart is. That's where we belong.
Odyssey is home. Wildwood is a nice place to visit.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
sing
Raspberry Ripple

I like Paws and Tales! I would say i like it more than odyssey, but...... They haven't made any new ones in a LONG LONG time..... :-(

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I believe Phil Lollar wrote some episodes of P&T.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Peachey Keen wrote:I believe Phil Lollar wrote some episodes of P&T.
For that, you are correct! I actually listened to one he wrote yesterday. "The Least of All", the most recent episode on the podcast. :)
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

How come everyone already has heard about Paws and Tales? When I saw this topic, I thought, "Is that some weird AIO episode I've never heard of? But wait, it's on the Sites Around Town topic. Hmm..." it never occurred to me that it could be another radio drama! It sounds cool, though! I might have to check it out when I get the time!
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Oh my goodness! I used to LOVE listening to this when I was younger! I had around three episodes, and I listened to them over, and over, and over... My favorite was "Shadow Valley." When my parents tucked me in at night, they would ask, "Paws & Tales, or Adventures in Odyssey?" Looking at this topic brings back so many memories...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I have volume 1 of Paws and Tales. Which has 12 episodes. Well, on November 11th, they started airing those episodes on the podcast. UHG. So I've waited three months for a new episode! And now a new episode I haven't hear before! I'M SO HAPPY!! :D