Sarah Prachett

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Sarah Prachett

Sarah is one of my favorite characters. I really liked her in Broken Window and The Spy Who Bugged Me. What do you all think of Sarah? Is she totally awesome? Okay? Or do you hate her with every fiber in your body like Val? *glares at Val*
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Val dislikes Sarah as well as Em? Val, you have a distinct ability to have no taste. (But I like you anyway.)
Sarah is not only amazingly funny. She goes a lot beyond that. Throughout all the episodes, even Nova Com, she has the remarkable ability to be aloof. Alex, Cal, Connie, and other such characters get swept up in things. Characters like Mandy, Wooton, and Bernard are often bothered, bemused and befuddled by situations.
Sarah is neither. While everyone else is running about setting up madcap court room or confusedly fascinated by Nathaniel's riches and odd behavior, she's calm, sarcastic, and above it all. And annoyed by everyone else who can't hope to ever be like her.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Hey. No Val glaring. *ToO Noway Smiley Here*

I love Sarah. She's a total snot, I know. (Sorry for my bluntness. =p ) But characters that are meant to be that way, and portray it well, are some of the best characters out there.

She doesn't have anywhere NEAR as much depth as Liz does, but I still love her all the same.
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

In my opinion, Sarah is a character to be hated. So I do. She has rarely been portrayed as a character that anyone wants to be around or a character that is at all likable. She is a snot and a little puke, if I might add, and all around reminiscent of that bratty little girl that was always around acting up and ruining all the fun. None of us ever wanted that little girl around.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

So, you don't like Sarah because you wouldn't want to be around her in real life. When it comes right down to it, that' why a lot of people don't like Emily or Wooton, not because there's anything truly wrong with them.
I would like to hang around with Sarah. She seems to tolerate everyone else, speaking matter-of-factly and being sarcastic. With a a sot of I'm-in-control-and-everyone-else-is-acting-weird attitude. (And generally, she's right.)
You think that makes her a snot. Because as you say, you wouldn't like her around. But I find her funny. I will say she started out a bit mean, so did Liz.
Apart from that though, it's hard to see what you don't like. And everyone reserves the right to like her.
So, what specifically do you find wrong with Sarah? Give an example of her being "snotty." Chances are we'll disagree with you.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The classic sarcastic, bratty girly-girl in Odyssey. Liz was something of a tomboy in those days, but Sarah was a genuine girl. I would say ultimately Liz and Mandy are stronger characters, but Sarah certainly beat out other female kids of her era: mainly, Julie and Heather. Why? While Heather came across as irksome (I tried to find another word other than annoying. Proud of me, PF? ;)) in her behavior, Sarah was hilarious and bratty at the same time, probably because of her openly sarcastic nature. She also served as a fantastic compliment to Alex, one of my favorite kid characters. And while she rarely ever got to be the star of the show, (Liz and Rodney beat her in Slumber Party and Broken Window) she still had a charm in her not found in, say, Priscilla. In fact, she never starred in an episode of her own. She was always in the background as a supporting character, making smart remarks and interacting with the situation only as much she needed to. She fit in perfectly with her fellow characters, and she was around before Mandy, Liz, Tamika, Olivia, and all the other celebrated female characters of the late 90s and 21st Century. She doesn't deserve enough praise as Liz, and she had flaws, but I still disagree with valiant. I liked her prescience on the show.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Mr. Thinker, that was fantastic.
It never struck me Sarah never starred... That's hardly fair. But then, when co-stars step "out of their bounds" so to speak, some people tend to be grouchy about and say they liked the "old" co-star version better and that the character is now stealing roles from other characters. (Witness Wooton.)
Still, it would have been nice to see Sarah star at least once. She had the character for it. The closest she came is starring alongside Jared and Mandy in Strange Boy in a Strange Land.
Why not give a good character a bigger role? She could easily have replaced Alex or Cal in an episode. I say replace because roles don't magically appear out of thin air. But she did deserve to have just one main-character role. So, why not give her a moment of glory and give Mandy and co. the boot just once?
Oh well. That's the brilliance of side-characters. They stay in your heart, for the very reason you have to be satisfied with the few glimpses you get. The few moments you are able to share with them are a treasure.
Oh, and yes... I'm very proud. "Irksome." Such a nice change. You deserve a medal with Emily on it.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

At first, I totally agreed with Val... I found Sarah annoying and, er, irksome. ;) But after awhile, Sarah grew on me.
Pound Foolish wrote:Sarah is not only amazingly funny. She goes a lot beyond that. Throughout all the episodes, even Nova Com, she has the remarkable ability to be aloof. Alex, Cal, Connie, and other such characters get swept up in things.
^I began to love this part of her^ She is one of those amazing people who can pull off the whole aloof thing without being...um..I can't think of a good word, but you know what I mean. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

Sarah was a good character... for the time.
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Sarah Pratchett and Liz Horton were the meanest girls in AIO! I can't understand why you like such brats. I know people have opinions, but this...:?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Liz was only a brat in her first few episodes, though. While those do characterize her, clearly she improved as a person or we wouldn't have "Lost By A Nose", "Now More Than Ever", or "Hindsight". Liz is awesome; I love when a female character is the take-charge type.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, I was talking about the first episodes actually.

-- Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:20 pm --

Yeah, I was talking about the first episodes actually.