Is it right?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Is it right?

Is it right/appropriate to spend time with something you're romantically interested in, at church? Not really to 'pursue' them, but is just hanging out ok? Example: Sitting together during the sermon, seeing each other before and afterwards. Or is it a distraction and wrong?
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I would think it would be a distraction from your walk with God. Especially if you had no intention of pursuing anything.
I wouldn't say "ignore" or "avoid" this person, but maybe step back a little.
Is this other person mutually "in like?" (if you don't mind me asking?)
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Thanks for taking the time to reply Liz! :) Appreciate it.
What you said really confirms what I've felt for awhile. Yes they are mutually "in like". I'de love to be with them....I really would. Thing is, I'de love to 'compromise' in an effort to stay on track with God...by keeping our conversations church-based, but they don't even like the church and often they skip out on the sermon, or fall asleep during it. And sticking to this one person has kept me from sort of...being united with the rest of the church? In a way I like being a 'team'...but actually the reason I started talking to them in the first place was because I wanted to reach out and be a friend..and draw them IN. So I guess I could step back...that seems like good advice..but we don't even get a lot of chances to see each other.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I know what you mean! You really want to be an example, but don't want compromise your own standards. So I really understand your problem... But sometimes one has to step back. Let them see your example from a distance. Be nice to them, and love them, but not necessarily be "buds."
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I think it's fine to be romantically interested in someone at church, sitting with them is fine, as well as seeing them before/after the sermon. Although the thing you have to be careful of is letting the person you are interested in get in the way of your relationship with Christ, so you shouldn't be chatting during the sermon or skipping out on church to go on a date and stuff like that. Church helps you learn more about Christ and Jesus should always come first in your life.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I think it's fine. My parents are romantically interested in each other and they go to church... :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

^Like! lol
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

I always sit with my "guy-friend" I really think its fine if you don't talk and play
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

haha good one metal
LOTR IS AWESOME