Actors you'd like to hear on AIO

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Actors you'd like to hear on AIO

AIO already has (or has had) two of the biggest voice actors in the animation and radio industry play many parts in the past (Cory Burton and Jesse Harnell), and we had a short sort of "cameo" of Jason Earls playing Vance, but if you had the choice, who would YOU recruit to play a character on AIO?

I think hearing from Andrea Libman would be cool. She's got a really great range, but we'd just have to hope the AIO team wrote a really good character for her.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Having Rhett & Link do some acting for Odyssey would be cool, maybe for KYDS radio or something like that?

And I agree that Andrea Libman would also make a great character.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Dick Van Dyke 8) Just cuz he's my favorite actor.... But I'm truthfully not sure... There are sooo many great people with great voices, it's hard to choose.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Dick is a little old...A cameo would be nice....
I'm not really sure who....I'll try and come up with someone.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

There's an age limit? I doubt it.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

No, I meant that a cameo would be good, but of course he'd never be able to do a full part, since he's famous, and too old for a steady character.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

God's Girl wrote:Having Rhett & Link do some acting for Odyssey would be cool, maybe for KYDS radio or something like that?
I concur with that statement!
I think it would be cool to hear a cameo from Kirk Cameron, or Alex Kendrick.
Oh! Sean Astin! I would LOVE to hear his voice in AIO!
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

All my favorite actors are already on AIO, so I don't really have any ideas. :lol: But having Alex Kendrick would be awesome!
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, Rhett & Link were on FOTF's JellyTelly. Them being on AIO sounds ideal to me!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Duh.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:
Duh.
Hahaha, I should have been expecting that.

*GG sits and waits for all the boys to agree with PF*

I haven't heard much of her talking, so I don't really have an opinion on this, but I must say, please, please, someone do not say that Justin Bieber should be on AIO too.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I can't stand Selina's voice. O.o I would have to disagree with PF on this one.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Thank you Ben! I thought every guy on the SS would agree!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Pound Foolish wrote:
Duh.
I AGREE SO WHOLEHEARTEDLY.
Liz'alike wrote:
God's Girl wrote:Having Rhett & Link do some acting for Odyssey would be cool, maybe for KYDS radio or something like that?
I concur with that statement!
I think it would be cool to hear a cameo from Kirk Cameron, or Alex Kendrick.
Oh! Sean Astin! I would LOVE to hear his voice in AIO!
I could actually see Kirk Cameron being on an episode for a cameo appearance. I think he'd be up for it if they contacted him.
Nelson S. wrote:Well, Rhett & Link were on FOTF's JellyTelly. Them being on AIO sounds ideal to me!
Wait, since when is Jelly Telly FOTF? I never heard about this...

*does googling*

Ok, so they're apparently one of the primary funding backers for Jelly Telly, but it's not a FOTF production. They'are associated, so it could still work in theory.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

Off the top of my head - Michael Caine. I think he'd be great - if not on AIO - on Radio Theatre. There are so many, however.

I'm actually surprised that AIO hasn't had a lot of so-called "star Cameos". I mean, they've had amazingly talented actor over the years, but none that they've had for the simply the sake of having a cameo to help promote the show. Even Veggie Tales has had several cameos, such as Rebecca St. James in An Easter Carol. And, hey, The Ceiling Fan has had them, too. AIO could get tons of Christian stars if they wanted, but they've refrained from doing it over the years. The fact that they haven't done it shows how much they really care about getting the very best, professionally actors for the role instead of people who can help generate sales.

(I just thought of Daryl Sabara - who they really used to heavily promote "Last chance Detectives" at the time)
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

MICHAEL CAINE!! YES!!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I would agree with Michael Caine and Dick Van Dyke... Since it's a radio show, Selena wouldn't be a good choice, if you understand my meaning. (I'm sorry, but I hate her voice.) I can't honestly think of any actor I would want on AIO... Maybe Tom Hanks, since he's my favorite actor, but I'm not sure he would be a good fit for AIO even if they could get him on the show. Oh yeah, and Justin Bieber would be AMAZING! He should be the new voice of Jay! 8) :jason
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

Roma Downey should totally be on AIO! Her voice is rich & soothing and her accent is cool as well. She and her husband have been on FOTF's radio show and Roma has worked with Phil Lollar and Aria Curzon on Little Angels so it could work.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

How about the One Direction boys? Jason could go back to Europe, then he and One Direction could be spies! They go on a top secret mission an- ........for some reason, I don't think anyone will like my idea.

Anyhow, I'd also think it'd be fun to have Rhett and Link on the show. And what about Tom Kenny? You know? Voice of SpongeBob? Whooo...he could be the new Bart Rathbone! Ohh, I like this idea!