Songs that make you Cry

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Some times I cry, Elmstreet, and Daystar by Jason Crabb are ones that make me cry. ;)
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Rem that was beautiful!!!
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Kaida wrote:OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE THAT SONG! YES! YOU ARE SO COOL! :D

That just made me really happy :D It doesn't make me cry but I really like that song!

Thank you :D dont you just love that movie???

-- Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm --
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Rem that was beautiful!!!
Thanks Allie!!! :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Renae wrote:

That just made me really happy :D It doesn't make me cry but I really like that song!

It's one of my favorites. I really like Dick Van Dyke. He's cool. And it's funny cause just recently I've been singing the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang songs.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

Renae wrote:

This song never fails to bring tears to my eyes :cry: I love it!
lol sing this song to me and I'll marry you :D
that's a really pretty song! :) it didn't make me cry but it did make me smile! :D
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Kaida wrote:
Renae wrote:

It's one of my favorites. I really like Dick Van Dyke. He's cool. And it's funny cause just recently I've been singing the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang songs.

IKR! His show is just so funny! :D I love that song! chitty chitty bang bang chitty chitty bang bang we love you...... :D

-- Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:49 pm --
brittany k wrote:
Renae wrote:

This song never fails to bring tears to my eyes :cry: I love it!
lol sing this song to me and I'll marry you :D
that's a really pretty song! :) it didn't make me cry but it did make me smile! :D
yup yup Britt! :D its real beautiful :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

underseasie wrote:Fly to Jesus is an amazing song, but kinda sad too.
That song always makes me cry, too
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Cinderella-Steven Curtis Chapman
Forgiven-David Meece
Hey Jude-The Beatles (don't ask)
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Hushaby Mountain never fails to make me tired. Not because it's a boring song, but because it's so calm and sweet.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

from chitty bang? awww...i used to sing that to my baby brother and he would always fall asleep.
that song from mary poppins 'feed the birds', makes me sleepy lol.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Haha that song works on me too, Sage. I always try not to yawn during that song, but I always fail.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Sage wrote: Hey Jude-The Beatles (don't ask)
THANK YOU! I got teary during Hey Jude too. I understand.

Anyway, I will say that I have never cried during a song, but I have experienced incredible emotions of sadness, happiness, inspiration, or even anger because of a song. I will list these songs below:

"One" (U2) -- Oh my gosh... I can't even say enough good things about this song. It's the first song that pops into my head when I think of "emotional" music. This song is actually just a tiny bit addictive, (not in a bad way, you just could listen to it all day and never get tired of it). It's incredibly powerful, and it might actually change the way you see the world forever.

"Hey Jude" (The Beatles) -- There's something really special about those "Na na na na na na na"s. I can't even describe what makes this song or The Beatles in general so great. I don't even know. They just inspire you to be happy, or be sad, or be whatever the mood of the song is.

"With Or Without You" (U2) -- U2, in my opinion, is the most powerful band of all time. They're not the greatest, but they're the most powerful. And this song is them at their very best. It starts out with a soft guitar part, and then builds and builds in volume and power until an epic climax. It's a gorgeous song, and it almost made me cry.

"Running To Stand Still" (U2) -- Alright, I think you can see by now that I'm a U2 fan. I think this might actually be my favorite U2 song, aside from "One". It's probably my favorite from the album The Joshua Tree. (A masterpiece of an album, by the way. I would recommend you check it out if you like stadium or alternative rock.) It is actually a very soft song, and never climaxes or increases volume as "With Or Without You" does, but it's beautiful and exciting in its own way. If you listen to "Hey Jude", "With Or Without You", and "Running To Stand Still" all in a row, you will notice a pattern. In the case of all three of these songs, the most beautiful part of them is nonsense words. For "Hey Jude", it's the "Na na na na"s. For "With Or Without You", it's the "Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh"s. And for "Running To Stand Still", it's the "Aah-La-La-La-Dee-Dey"s. This is quite simply because the most beautiful and moving things in this world cannot be expressed through words; we do not have the wisdom and insight or enough words in the English language to do this. So we must resort to nonsense words, which express feeling just as well, if not better than, regular words.

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (The Beatles) -- I bought this song a couple days ago, and I've been hooked since then. The melody is so intriguing and powerful, I can't even describe it. You'll just have to listen to it.

"Eleanor Rigby" (The Beatles) -- This is truly a Beatle masterpiece, and they couldn't have picked a better topic for a powerful, almost melancholy song. I won't tell you what the topic is if you haven't heard it. If you really want to know, go listen to it. Anyway, this is an amazing pop song, mostly because it tells a gorgeous yet sad story in only two minutes.

"The Scientist" (Coldplay) -- I swear the opening chords in this song are the greatest piano chords of all time. (Okay, that might be overdoing it just a bit, but... well, just listen to the song) And the lyrics are so lovely, they're like a Michelangelo painting.

"Viva La Vida" (Coldplay) -- The only #1 single about the French Revolution in the 18th Century. Enough said.

"Transatlancticism" (Death Cab For Cutie) -- The piano playing, the vocals, everything is amazing in this epic. It creates a repetitive, powerful effect that Death Cab For Cutie has since become known for.

"Stairway To Heaven" (Led Zeppelin) -- The quintessential epic of rock music. You cannot say you love rock and roll if you have not heard this song. The lyrics mean almost nothing significant when you read them, but they mean everything when you're listening. And the guitar chords are simply fantastic.

"Like A Rolling Stone" (Bob Dylan) -- It seems unlikely that a song such as this would trigger such a powerful effect on your emotions. But the "How does it feel?" chorus sends shivers down my spine.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

Renae I hated that song it's so sad :cry:
"Cinderella" :cry:
"Christmas shoes" :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I've cried in:
(Britt Nicole) All This Time, Stand, Still That Girl, Don't Worry Now
(Francesca Battistelli) Hundred More Years
Chris Tomlin: Jesus Loves Me
I have come near to crying in a few worship songs too.
Last edited by Novatom on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I only have one song by David Phelps called "Fly Again." It makes me think of my dad.

Yup, Yup. I want to sing this at his funeral.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

A Thousand Years because of a certain music video...
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:
Sage wrote: Hey Jude-The Beatles (don't ask)
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (The Beatles) -- I bought this song a couple days ago, and I've been hooked since then. The melody is so intriguing and powerful, I can't even describe it. You'll just have to listen to it.

If you like that song, check out Santana's cover of it. It's great to hear such a wonderfully written song played by a master guitarist.

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Boo! Boo! Down with Carlos Santana! Up with Eric Clapton! *ahem* Um... sorry. Actually, Santana is one of the few "legendary" guitarists who I've never really heard much of. David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Jonny Greenwood, The Edge, George Harrison, Johnny Marr, and, of course, the legendary Jimi Hendrix are my favorite guitarists, and probably in that order too. Do you play guitar, Wooton?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:Boo! Boo! Down with Carlos Santana! Up with Eric Clapton! *ahem* Um... sorry. Actually, Santana is one of the few "legendary" guitarists who I've never really heard much of. David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Jonny Greenwood, The Edge, George Harrison, Johnny Marr, and, of course, the legendary Jimi Hendrix are my favorite guitarists, and probably in that order too. Do you play guitar, Wooton?
I don't play guitar. It's been something I'm interested in learning, and I've tried to learn it a couple of times, but I don't have a lot of time now that I've got homework and a job.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I haven't ever listened to any songs that made me cry.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates