Siblings.

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Siblings.

Does anyone here have a sibling? I know several of you do. Well, I made this topic to talk about siblings, and what makes a good sibling, or even tell stories about/on that sibling. ;) Hehe. It should be a ton of fun, I'm hoping. :lol: Well, let's begin, shall we?
Ashleigh
Strawberry

I have two older sisters.

Having sisters is pretty fun, I didn't grow up with my sisters..So we don't have many memories together, But my Two sisters, Have lots of funny stories or memories. I love to hear about them.. My sisters can be silly still, As they used to when they were my age. But Something about sisters that everyone should know is that they are Family and they can be the Greatest of Friends!

I have quite a bit of giggly stories about my sisters, lol But i will wait haha :)

How many sisters do you have Sammy?
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Aha, sounds like fun! It's hard when you don't grow up with them, though. But, at least you're together now, right? I can't wait to hear more stories. Haha.

I have one sister, who is two years younger than I am. She, as all siblings, can be a handful... But, she's still my best friend, and the most "awesomest" little sister in the world. ;)

One thing that is incredibly strange and hilarious about my little sister and I, is that we have a ton of inside jokes and such, and even though we aren't twins, we have a tendency to think the same thought or say the same thing at the same time. It'll be 2 o'clock in the morning, and it'll be super quiet, and then I will say something, and she'll finish my thought, and we'll just laugh and laugh like we've gone mad or something for hours. It's incredibly strange, and we're totally weird about it, but ever if I were offered anything, I wouldn't trade that up for anything. Those are some of the best memories I have with her. ;)
Mara
Pistachio

I have an older sister, a younger sister, and two younger brothers. My house is pretty noisy!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

maradog12 wrote:I have an older sister, a younger sister, and two younger brothers. My house is pretty noisy!
Oh, goodness, I can imagine. What's the hardest part about that?
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Siblings are the sweetest things ever. Trust me, I would know. I have six brothers and five sisters.

As for sibling stories? Well...here's the latest one from yesterday. We were about to go shopping, and typically the oldest girl gets to sit in the front seat of the car when we go, and since I was the oldest going, it was my turn. Luke was wanting to sit there, though, and since I usually like sitting in the back seat anyway, he decided to ask if we could trade out.

Luke: Hey Suzy...can I sit in shotgun today? I'll love you forever if you say "yes".
Me: Don't you love me forever anyways? Even if I don't let you sit in the front seat?
Luke: *hesitates* Sure, why not? *wraps his arms around me*
Me: Fabulous! And the answer is...no.
Luke: *frowns and stops hugging me* Nevermind.

So much for brotherly love.
Last edited by Suzy Lou Foolish on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ahaha! That is hilarious, Suz! So true, it sounds like a brother. :lol:

Yes, they really are the best things in the world. (;
Ashleigh
Strawberry

Lol Suzy :) That is cute! - You have alot of Siblings... How do you handle it?

Is it fun?
Fili
Caramel Crunch

I have a sibling on the soda shop
I was Bart rathbone
in the character klub
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've got two younger brothers! I am the only girl (besides my mom) My brothers are 10 and 8
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

There are 9 kids in my family and people's reactions are hilarious when they find out there's nine of us. Can't imagine what people say when they find out how many kids are in your family, Suzy!!!

Townsend: (points at me while talking to Katie Leigh) "There's 8 more of her!!!! And you thought I was crazy for having four kids."
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

I have a younger brother and two younger sisters. Wow, Suzy, I didn't know you had so many brothers and sisters! My brother and I also have a competition of who gets to sit in the front seat, since he and I are the only ones old enough to sit there. Sometimes my brother even tries to steal the front seat from my mom when my dad is driving.
My brother is a comedian. He has a very dry sense of humor, and he'll often say hilarious things out of the blue. He and I are pretty close, and he likes to tease me a lot, since I'm the only sister who laughs at his teasing. He's a pretty good brother. My two sisters and I tend to fight a little bit more, but I would still say that we're close. But, me and my siblings do have some differences that we tend to fight over. I'm the least craziest, and most serious of my siblings, and I tend to be more cautious and more strict, while my siblings are more silly. But, other than that, I'd say I have pretty good siblings. :)
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I have three older sisters and two older brothers.
My 13 year old brother drives me nuts.
My 18 year old brother is awesome, nice, and strong.
My 21? year old sister is nice, and crazeh.
My 23? year old sister is epically amazing, blunt, and smart.
my 25 year old sister is smart and nice and funny and stern, with sometimes scary eyes. Full time uni student pulling off a few jobs with taking care of my sister's apartment on the side. She's busy.
Mara
Pistachio

My brothers are 5 and 8 and mostly like to drive people crazy! My younger sister is 11 and my older sister is 15 or 16, I can't remember!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Oldest (Pen): 23
second oldest: 21
third oldest (Lexi): 18
fourth oldest (Ben): 15
Youngest (me): 14
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

So, my sister just got an email address a couple of days ago, and she and I have started emailing and chatting back and forth. We were both really bored yesterday, but we were on our computers, so we got on there. Now, if you knew my sister and I, you would know that we like to tease the LIFE out of each other. :lol: Well, yesterday was no exception. We got on, and she would make a remark, I would come back, and vice versa. Well, I was winning, apparently, and she faked getting mad and emailed me "That's it! I'm leaving!" And, being the loving, caring, wonderful sister that I am, I wrote to her:
"Don't forget to write! =D "

I got nothing more than simply a cold stare. ;)

Ahaha, we went around and around, it was so funny. That's what happens when your dad's a tech genius, both parents work from home on a computer, and both kids have computers...

Age of the geek. 8)
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

That's hilarious, Samantha. :) One time, when my sisters had just gotten their emails, they started emailing each other. The only thing is, they were emailing each other from the exact same computer. So one would log on to their account, write an email while the other sister was standing there, then send it and log off. Then the other sister would log on, read and reply to the email, and then send it, and so on. It was hilarious. :lol:
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

That's hilarious! :lol: Ah, the age of technology. That's unreal. We're quite interesting as siblings, are we not? ;)
Victoria
Strawberry

Two brothers, three sisters (all blood related) along with two brothers in-law and one sister in-law. :) I've got a big family, and I wouldn't change it for the world.
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10 <3

My best friend and I have a blog, check it out! http://bestieswithablog.blogspot.com/
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

I have quite a few siblings as well....
4 sisters and 2 brothers :D
I'd have to concur with Suzy...siblings are awesome! My brothers and sisters and I have a lot of imagination. We used to dress as pirates and would go into our backyard, on our swing set, and play ship.
Also in our backyard, we each constructed our own personal houses from planks of wood and bars of metal. It was very much like kidsboro. We had jars and old pans and would make "food" and have feasts.
Often, our games inside my actual house, consisted of draping a thick blanket from our bunk-beds and we would make believe that we were a family travelling in a covered waggon.
hmmm...this is making me wistful for when we were young and full of spirit....
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.