Birthday Thread

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Happy Birthday, Ryan! =D I hope you have an amazing birthday.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Have a great Birthday, Ryan! :D
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Today is your birthday, happy happy birthday, today is your birthday, happy birthday, HEY! XD
Happy birthday, Ryan!!!!
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Happy Birthday Ryan!
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

Happy Birthday, Ryan!!!!!! :D hope u had a great day!! :D
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREN!!! (and me)
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!!!!! @Sweety pie.

Happy Birthday!!!@Bren

Ps. Did anyone else notice this, (Noah 12) (Bren 21) just turn the numbers backwards... :D
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

A Happy Birthday to you, A Happy Birthday, to you, every day of the year, may you feel Jesus near, a Happy Birthday to you, A Happy Birthday to you, and the BEST year you've ever had!

Happy Birthday Bren!

Happy Birthday Noah!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Thanks, GG :D
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

NOAH!!!
BREN!!!!
Happy Birthday Guys!!! :D
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

HaPpY bIrThDaY bReN aNd NoAh!!!!!!!!! :D
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Happy Birthday Bren and Noah!!

Hope it's an awesome year for you both!
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Happy birthday Bren and Noah!

I agree with OF, hope it's a fantastic year!
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. Since it fits, I am so thankful for what God has done for me.
This is as told by my mother

After 7 years of marriage, I was overjoyed to tell my husband that I was finally expecting. Those tears of joy turned to fear and sorrow after one of my doctor visits. I knew that I had been very nauseated to a point of throwing up every few minutes. This constant sickness had caused a chemical imbalance within me, not to say what it may have done to my expected child. My doctor suggested to me that for my safety I should terminate the pregnancy or risk losing both the life of my child, as well as my own. As a Christian, I told him that, that was not even a consideration. I was told that he would no longer be able to help me because I was now considered a "high risk" pregnancy. My sickness continued to a point where I was hospitalized the first trimester, having lost considerable weight. Several IV's later, I was released, but no better. I was medicated to a point where I could keep down orange jello, (which to this day I cannot eat) and crushed ice. No other food would stay down. I maintained this day to day sickness and regimen of crushed ice and orange jello until the beginning of December 1991. I started having contractions and again was promptly admitted to the hospital. My sickness was so severe that I was in jeopardy of losing my life as well as the life of my baby. My blood pressure dropped down into the low 30's. After much prayer and an overlooking Savior, my contractions ceased and my life was spared. After a few nights observation, I was released to bedrest at home. Time went slowly. The big day came. I had a check-up scheduled for that day, and my husband decided to go with me to the appointment. We were both relieved to hear a good strong heartbeat. It was determined at this appointment that the baby had turned "Franklin Breech", head down. We were told that we should go walking for about an hour, then meet the doctor at the hospital. It was time for delivery.

Feeling somewhat upbeat and relieved by the news of a strong heartbeat, my husband and I went to the mall to walk. Then we checked into the hospital. After many hours of contractions, I was brought into the birthing room. Everything was running as expected. We knew that the baby was breech, but small enough for normal delivery without a C-section. We did not know, did not want to know the sex of the baby at this time. My husband standing at my side witnessed the miracle of life as our son's delivery took place. Then something terrible took place. The head was enlarged and would not deliver. There was an immediate forceps delivery and a 4th degree episiotomy administered. This child I carried was wisked away to neonatal ICU. I never got to touch him or hold this child I had carried. God, what this happening to our baby ???? Our questions were soon answered. There had been an emergency forceps delivivery. Brendon had quit breathing soon after delivery, probably as a symptom of hard labor. He was resuscitated and was now in neonatal ICU. His head was enlarged. He was diagnosed with cerebral hemorrages on both sides of his head. His APGAR score was a 1, a zero being stillborn. The life God had given to us was yet hanging in the balances and hands of our God. Over the next 32 days, Brendon made his home in NICU. We would go every opportunity to see him, to touch him. Saints from all over were on their knees praying that God would raise up this child. His condition improving and with an ability to receive 5 cc's of formula per feeding, he was released to go home.

After a period of 6 months of MRI's and CAT scans, it was determined that Brendon would need surgery to place a shunt in his head to relieve excess pressure on the brain. We were also told that he would be given "extra tubing" so it would be there as he grew. The shunt would need to be revised when he turned 3, and more tubing would be added at that time. Other checkups produced unfavorable results as well. We were told that Brendon was and would suffer delay in all his motor skills. In all, he would be a vegetable.

Today , Brendon is 20 years old He walks and talks and plays without any external aids. His speech is perfect. He reads well and writes normally. He never did receive his 3 year old revision of the shunt, and at last report, probably never will. His hearing is good. I thank my God for Brendon. He is truly my miracle gift from Heaven.
I've messed up countless times but he still let me live another year.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

That's amazing, Bren!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREN AND NOAH!!!!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Thanks Rosy! And everyone else who's wished me a happy birthday!

^here are the B-day cinnamon buns my mom made. Ya'll can have a virtual piece.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

How many calories are in that thing?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I have no idea....but it's good
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Happy Birthday, Bren and Wooton (Yeah.. I'm still gonna call you Wooton, haha.)
I hope the two of you have a spectacular day =D
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Thank you so much to everyone who sent me a birthday wish. I'm always amazed at the love you guys show me. Just messages from each and everyone of you makes my day special.