The End of Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well put, all.
AIO will probably end in our lifetime. It's a rotten thought, but true. After all, how long can a radio show continue to be profitable in the age of film?
Odyssey Fan made an excellent point. Eventually, AIO just won’t feel the same anymore. There’s be so many new characters, vanished characters, and running subplots, things will be utterly different.
Oh, and sorry I cruelly abandoned you in my posts, Godsgirl Hon. Of course we’re still friends! Don’t be jealous of little Suzy. ;)
On the other hand, as Kaids and Judge pointed out, AIO technically isn't going anywhere. No matter what, we're still going to have hundreds of shows at our fingertips. We're able to visit Connie, Eugene, Whit, Liz, Emily, etc, any time we like.
On the other hand, there's this wonderful of life, when a show is continuing. With Odyssey still making shows, things seem more real. And we all know that glorious feeling when we first listen to a brand new episode. Especially one with Emily!
But there's a part of life with is like staring and staring at the same painting. Once the initial thrill of first seeing it dies away, continuing to gaze at it becomes boring. But then… you start noticing messages, brush-strokes, complexities, ideas… unseen by you before. And back comes the excitement of discovery.
It’s like being married. There’s the unimaginable first rush of sheer bliss, then there’s highs and lows… but, gradually, you find it to be as exploring a forest, mapping the stars, trying to make a vague picture in your head a sketch. You uncover layer after layer of your romantic partner. You find joy and fascination in finding new aspects of their personality, plunging deeper into their soul.
We’ll find there’s more treasure in AIO than we ever thought. We’ll go deeper and deeper into their depths.
We’ll notice things never… never… noticed before.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Wait... how would you know what being married is like? ;)

Anyway, I usually write hate letters to the AIO team and throw temper tantrums every time I hear Emily is in a new episode, but maybe some people are different...

I hope to keep the show going for as long as possible, if I ever become a writer/director for it... But, as you said, it will probably end in our lifetime. It can't just keep trucking along forever. The only thing that will plague us with its existence until Jesus comes back is The Simpsons. Other than that, every show shall end.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

nooooo! i WON'T end, it can't........ okay *takes a deep breath* look at it the logical way, they're making enough money, they have an audience, they have actors, writers, and sound designers, the only thing that would stop them is God, so we're good!
RyanCummings
Strawberry

It can't end! I want to grow up and write for it, so if it ends, then I am unemployed in the future, right? So for the sake of my future family's welfare, PLEASE! Pray it doesn't end.

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

NO! RYAN HAS TO WORK THERE SO MITCH CAN COME BACK!
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Please, Mary. Don't put excessive exclamation marks.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Connie_Kendall wrote:nooooo! it will end, it can........ okay *takes a deep breath* look at it the logical way, they're not making enough money, they have don't an audience, they have no actors, no writers, and no sound designers, the only thing that would keep them going is is God, so we're less than Okay.....
Eh, not very confidence boosting...... :P :D :P :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

that is SO not what i wrote! :lol:
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I SO do not want to think about this right now... :P ;)
Fili
Caramel Crunch

If it ends they might just reboot it and have jason take over whits end and connie would get married and move away while Eugene and katrina will be school teachers and then some younger kid characters from before could come and be helpers.
I was Bart rathbone
in the character klub
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

MaryBeth_13 wrote:NO!!!!! RYAN HAS TO WORK THERE SO MITCH CAN COME BACK!!!
Mitch needs to stay away. He's boring, and makes Connie feel bad :(
Emily
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

Odyssey could never end! I would go outside and scream as loud as I could, and then fall to the ground and punch the ground about a million times( while crying)...then go into my room throw myself on my bed and keep crying.
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I agree with ejmade. I don't think I would ever get over it!
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Fili wrote:If it ends they might just reboot it and have jason take over whits end and connie would get married and move away while Eugene and katrina will be school teachers and then some younger kid characters from before could come and be helpers.
I'm not sure if I would be satisfied ;) :lol:
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

EmilyLBean wrote: Mitch needs to stay away. He's boring, and makes Connie feel bad :(
I fail to understand your insistent abhorrence of cool, funny and romantic FBI agents who get smacked on the head by their brick collection.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Personally, as well as I know others feel, I want AIO to continue forever. It's been a laugh when I was down, a good cry when I needed it, as well as even a friend, if you could call it that.

However, as I'm sure we all know, nothing lasts forever. There's a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to live, and a time to die... That includes AIO. I just pray that, when it does end, though a sad, sad day that will be, it will have fulfilled the purpose God had planned for it, and all will work out according to His will and glory.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Samantha14 wrote:Personally, as well as I know others feel, I want AIO to continue forever. It's been a laugh when I was down, a good cry when I needed it, as well as even a friend, if you could call it that.

However, as I'm sure we all know, nothing lasts forever. There's a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to live, and a time to die... That includes AIO. I just pray that, when it does end, though a sad, sad day that will be, it will have fulfilled the purpose God had planned for it, and all will work out according to His will and glory.
QFT!

Again there are many ways they could keep it going. But if they ever did decide to end it I would hope they did it in a way that brought everything to a close. I wouldn't want them to end it without planning it properly.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

When I went to the studio the actors were astonished at how much we loved the show. They'd say things like "You want a picture with me!? I've never been asked that before." And I think the writers seeing the actors and the fans enjoy it so much might just make them think differently about stopping (If that ever crossed their mind)
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

I don't want 2 think about that it's kind of scary
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Yeah, it is scary... ;)