Love... Wooton, and Penny: Will They Ever Admit It?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.

Penny and Wooton: for or against?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 pm

I think Penny should tell Wooton she loves him
24%
I think Wooton should tell Penny he loves her
41%
I think their love should end
35%

Total votes: 17

Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

i hope they don't get married. it would be TERRIBLE if they did! they would mature WAY to much. it wouldn't be quirky wooton and funny penny :cry: i mean, think about it. eugene matured, jack matured. katrina matured and joanne matured. everyone who has gotten married has matured and frankly, i don't want that to happen to wooton and penny, but that's just my opinion ;)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm not sure Wooton and Penny would mature ALL THAT much... W&P are just W&P. They might mature some in terms of a relationship... But, (I know this is a different kind of relationship, But follow me) think about how Wooton related to other people, And Grady. He played father role-relationship to Grady. A much stronger one than the love role-relationship he and Penny have now, But he still acted like Wooton. Since Penny acts just the same, I think it would work out. *shrugs*
However... I'm not sure I really want them to get married... I don't think it would be ALL THAT great... =\
(In my opinion.)
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Yea, I guess..
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

If they got married...
1. They might have kids (and then we'd have the best sit-comy situation in AIO ever)
2. Their "carrying over the threshold" would consist of climbing up the exit slide
3. We'd get to see Wooton's wedding!
4. Penny would completely revise Wooton's already insane house with her decorating obsessions
5. We'd get to see Wooton making out with Penny, and see what kind of pet-names he comes up with for her (yes, this would be interesting after Eugene's moments) and they would invent insane desserts together for all meals.

All very good reasons they should get married.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

My thoughts on Penny and Wooton:

They are cute together in the little middle school "I might just like you a little bit but won't ever voice my thoughts" kind of a relationship. I feel like, at this point, they are not ready for a relationship and I don't think they share a romantic love (at least not yet). Both Penny and Wooton can be immature. But they are different types of immaturity. Wooton has a wise immaturity; he can be goofy and silly, but he always has a point or a purpose and isn't all over the place. Penny is more just immature, still very childish and sometimes all over the place. She still needs to figure out who she is. Honestly, Penny is starting to get on my nerves.

I think Penny and Wooton are a cute couple but at this point I don't see them in a serious relationship or in "love".
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:If they got married...
1. They might have kids (and then we'd have the best sit-comy situation in AIO ever)
2. Their "carrying over the threshold" would consist of climbing up the exit slide
3. We'd get to see Wooton's wedding!
4. Penny would completely revise Wooton's already insane house with her decorating obsessions
5. We'd get to see Wooton making out with Penny, and see what kind of pet-names he comes up with for her (yes, this would be interesting after Eugene's moments) and they would invent insane desserts together for all meals.

All very good reasons they should get married.
HA! that would be hilarious!!
Fili
Caramel Crunch

SHUT UP PF!!!!
I was Bart rathbone
in the character klub
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ow. Wow. Whoa. You just joined, and one of the first things you do is tell me to shut up?
I like you. Seriously.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
EmilyLBean
Chocolate Chip

Maybe I'm weird (Actually, I'm definitely weird), but I think that Wooton and Penny should have a long, humor-filled courtship - then get married when the creators decide to wrap up Odyssey for good, Just so we aren't left hanging. I love the interaction between them, and it would be pretty hilarious to see them become an official couple.

To all the people who say "It's a kid's show! Let's not get too sappy!", I have two things to say:
1. Kids thrive on fairy tales. My brothers and I loved to listen to mom read "Beauty and the Beast" and "Cinderella" and all that sappy stuff. It was cool. It was funny. And it's a totally natural part of life, so why not introduce kids to it through a healthy medium like AIO?
2. Can you really imagine Wooton being too sappy anyway? I think a courtship between Wooton and Penny would consist of licorice and dates gone hilariously awry.
Last edited by EmilyLBean on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emily
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

Have them get married! Wootin should tell penny..they would make a great couple!
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

If they did get married; imagine their house haha Wootens slide and decorations and Penny's painting the house all the time :D
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It would be good to have another of AIO's "long, humor filled courtships" as you nicely summed them up. And apart from inevitibly priceless, it would be touching to see Wooton, who's normally the always-happy goof lately, be humanized again at times. An excellent post, by the way.
As to you, OF, basically, you object because you don't think they're really in love, and because Penny gets on your nerves. I'm quite sure if Wooton proposes to Penny and she says yes it will kinda be a hint they care for each other. And most fans love Penny, that's why the AIO team is using her so much, so who cares if she bothers you? It's a pity, but it doesn't affect anything.
Froggy, those are some very sweet thoughts. In any case, Wooton would, errrr.... be having some very un-Wootony and grown up moments with Penny. And while that wouldn't necessarily show a whole lot (Eugene is still a very similar person to his pre-Katrina self.) But there would be changes: http://twistsandturns-aio.weebly.com/the-courtroom.html (scroll down here for some excellent thoughts on how Wooton would change if he married Penny.) But Penny would certainly change. Very significantly. The entire premise of Penny's personality is that she's a bit unconfident, easily led... in short, very childish and doesn't know who she is. Once married to Wooton, all this would evolve. Not necessarily go away. But it would have to make itself known in different ways. After all, Penny would now know who she is: a wife.
Agent 86
Caramel Crunch

I noticed that Wooton felt a little uneasy when talking with her. (When Penny uses body language)
This is a block of text. I'm not sure why I put this here, or why you are reading this. Well, I guess I should say something witty here.. I'm not going to, but you'll probably stick around just in case I change my mind. Um.. Running out of things to say.. Wait, you're still reading this? OK, that's too much, stop. Seriously, STOP.
Rebel.
http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I once wrote a script where Penny was involved in an accident, and ended up in the hospital. She had a dream where she felt utterly alone and then saw the moon. At the end of this dream she heard a voice that said; Penny I love you and I always will.

In the hospital room Wooton actually said these words and then a moment later Penny wakes up and tells everyone about her dream. Connie tries to push Wooton into telling Penny but he decides not to. (There was a subplot to this script, but that's not important here.) When I wrote this script, I had it in mind that the two most likely will get together.

However, I'm not sure this will be the case. I'm thinking that Penny thinks of Wooton as more of a friend while, Wooton really likes her. Could this go somewhere? Maybe, but I don't think I'd want to see them together. On the other hand if the pattern of things is anything to go by, it miight be time for another marriage.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Well, Jack and Joanne got married pretty quick. Wow can't believe I've been so ignorant of this apparent affection! Like omg haha. Well, I'd be happy to see Wooton with someone...especially after what happened with him and the girl who wasn't a christian. But romance in Odyssey has become something of a taboo...am i the only one who thinks that? I mean they've always loved dramatic relationships and giggly girls with crushes....and still do...but they've really limited it. Odyssey seems to be aimed a younger crowd nowadays.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I'm not totally a big fan of the idea...Penny is a tad annoying, and she likes to get on my nerves. I think the interesting way of going about it would have Penny think of Wooton as a good friend, but Wooton gets up the courage to do something, and Penny just goes along with it because she doesn't know what she feels, or Penny rejects him because she doesn't feel the same way.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

It's sad Penny annoys some people, she's adorable. But one can see why those who are nerve-harmed by Penny would be lacking in enthusiasm for the Penny to be thrown into the flowing depths of the English River.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I don't know, I kind of hope they don't ever admit their love for each other.
Penny is kind of irritating, I like her comedy and stuff, but she's a huge airhead. And Wooton would change, at least I think he would.. It wouldn't totally annoy me, but if AIO did decide to take that route, I would just suck it up and move on.
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

You can tell Wooton loves Penny. I CAN!
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hear hear! That puts it nicely and simply. One must go beyond that to point out that Penny obviously likes Wooton. Why some listeners doubt this makes no sense. Penny even admits her feelings to Connie in GRC. We have verbal, legally binding proof.