New or Old?

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

New or Old?

Which episodes are ur favorite? The older ones? Or the newer ones?
The Old Judge wrote:Well, see, I would feel really bad if I picked a favorite era. Conservative Odyssists believe that all Odyssey is quality programming, no matter what era. I'm sorry, but if I chose a favorite era, it would be like choosing a favorite child.
U dont have to like every episode if ur a "conservative Odyssists"
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Most certainly the old ones. The GRC was very well done, but it didn't retain the timelessness established in the early albums. As for the other recent albums, several of the episodes had some good starts, and horrible finishes. Sergeant York was done perfectly, and the Labyrinth had some well proposed thoughts, but a lot of dialogue that was painful to listen to. I couldn't stand hearing the re-introduction of Mr. And Mrs. Jacobs. All in all, I would say that albums 2-25 are my absolute favorites, but some of the latest albums come awfully close.

T.S. (myself)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I like the middle ones, and the old, and the new. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

They're all good. They're all Adventures in Odyssey, thus meaning they're always good.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Old Judge wrote:They're all good. They're all Adventures in Odyssey, thus meaning they're always good.
Yeah but i was just wondering who liked the newer ones better then the older or the older then newer.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, see, I would feel really bad if I picked a favorite era. Conservative Odyssists believe that all Odyssey is quality programming, no matter what era. I'm sorry, but if I chose a favorite era, it would be like choosing a favorite child.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The Old Judge wrote:Well, see, I would feel really bad if I picked a favorite era. Conservative Odyssists believe that all Odyssey is quality programming, no matter what era. I'm sorry, but if I chose a favorite era, it would be like choosing a favorite child.

Ha. Good point. I guess this doesn't make me 100% conservative because I like the old odyssey better.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

True! Truthfully I don't even know the difference.....
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

BOTH!!!
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Old. Definetly.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wooton Bassett wrote:

Ha. Good point. I guess this doesn't make me 100% conservative because I like the old odyssey better.

same here
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Really to me, sense I wasn't born when the older episodes were out. I have more of a attchment to the middle aged ones. (Sorry for bad spelling)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

They both have their place, but personally I'm inclined to listen to the episodes around the Herlinger era.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Aaron Wiley wrote:They both have their place, but personally I'm inclined to listen to the episodes around the Herlinger era.
Totally agree. The start with Hal was okay with a great episode here and there, but the Herlinger era was when they started getting to a gold mine. That's where all the best episodes are.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

C-guy wrote:the Herlinger era was when they started getting to a gold mine. That's where all the best episodes are.
I wouldn't say "all", but quite a few at least. I know plenty of listeners that only liked the episodes with Hal in them.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I like a lot of the early 90s shows and several of the late 2000s. I think that AIO has recovered from the re-launch and is better and stronger now starting with #55.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Peachey Keen wrote:I like a lot of the early 90s shows and several of the late 2000s. I think that AIO has recovered from the re-launch and is better and stronger now starting with #55.

Yeah
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I'd probably have to say the newer ones, but I love them all!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Aaron Wiley wrote:
C-guy wrote:the Herlinger era was when they started getting to a gold mine. That's where all the best episodes are.
I wouldn't say "all", but quite a few at least. I know plenty of listeners that only liked the episodes with Hal in them.
Yeah, for a while I really couldn't get used to Paul and I missed Hal so much, but then I got kind of used to it...and now there is Andre! I really don't think it really matters anymore who is voicing Mr. Whittaker, as long as they still act like Mr. Whittaker!:)
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I like the episodes form the start of Novacom the the hiatus the best. The Blackguard saga is great too, but I never really liked the very original AiOs because they'd have a new group of characters for every episode, so you didn't really get to know their personalities.
꿈. 희망. 전진.