The Hobbit

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

I Loved it!!!!!!!! LOTR was not necessarily "better" but it was different. I think it will play out just like the books. I loved the Hobbit and LOTR equally, but for different reasons.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Liz'alike wrote:Well, CT... I agree with Abby! I think the movie was awesome, and I really don't know what you are talking about. Of course, this is coming from someone who doesn't even look at the "quality" of the animation and effects.... So, I suppose I can understand, I just don't agree.

I also thought it was cool that they put some "history" into the Hobbit. I know they added to the story plot, but I also think it explains some things before entering LOTR. I like how the whole plot just flowed... A lot of movies don't these days.

And, the scenes were BEAUTIFUL!!! The New Zealand landscape was as stunning as ever!

Overall, I would give it a 9 to 9.5 out of 10....
Thank you for stating your opinioms. However, I believe the plot "flows" in all movies. As for the landscape, it was great, but it didn't make up for the flaws I mentioned.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

OH MY WORD!! i just watched it, it was AWESOME! i really enjoyed it, but really enjoyed the Gollum scenes! his two personalities are so funny! my brother and i are still quoting him :D
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
Liz'alike wrote:Well, CT... I agree with Abby! I think the movie was awesome, and I really don't know what you are talking about. Of course, this is coming from someone who doesn't even look at the "quality" of the animation and effects.... So, I suppose I can understand, I just don't agree.

I also thought it was cool that they put some "history" into the Hobbit. I know they added to the story plot, but I also think it explains some things before entering LOTR. I like how the whole plot just flowed... A lot of movies don't these days.

And, the scenes were BEAUTIFUL!!! The New Zealand landscape was as stunning as ever!

Overall, I would give it a 9 to 9.5 out of 10....
Thank you for stating your opinioms. However, I believe the plot "flows" in all movies. As for the landscape, it was great, but it didn't make up for the flaws I mentioned.
I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions :D.
I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the movie that much CT.
I am thankful I don't have your eye for "quality", in the sense that you are talking about (I'm sure it's hard to enjoy movies :? )... But I'm sure that you will put your talent to good use someday! Maybe you will be making some movies :D Though, whatever you do, I'm sure it will be awesome, since I know quality is obviously important to you! Which is a good thing!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I don't understand how id didn't flow. I sat there and the movie theatre and truthfully thought to myself "this is great it's not rushed and flows nicly, they aren't leaving anything out!"
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

It's not hard for me to enjoy movies, so long as they're good. I actually believe I enjoy good movies more than most people, I just get irritated when someone decides to make a movie that shouldn't be made. And that's just what The Hobbit is, a movie that shouldn't have been made. It's not an awful film, just a bad premise made into an okay movie.

And, Liz, once upon a time, I did want to be a movie director/screenwriter/producer. But since then, I have faltered. I discovered the wonder of writing when I was about 7. However, even as I started new writing projects, I still found time for developing movie plots. But after that I discovered the wonder of music, and then the wonder of cooking, and so filmmaking slipped away from my grasp, and I haven't come up with a movie plot in about a year and a half. But I might return to the realm of filmmaking one day. I've always been fascinated by it, and I'm watching a lot of movies, so who knows? Maybe I'll become a director one day...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Well, whatever you decide to do CT, I'm sure you will be great at it!

(And I still don't agree... :lol:)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I would give it 11! ;)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

I have not seen the Hobbit but I have heard that it is a VERY VERY EXCELLENT movie.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Katerina Meltsner wrote:I have not seen the Hobbit but I have heard that it is a VERY VERY EXCELLENT movie.
Well, I wouldn't say VERY VERY EXCELLENT. But it was a good movie. Not as good as the LOTR trilogy.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

it's not quite, VERY VERY EXCELLENT, like Wooton said, it's a very good movie though ;)
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

No it was better than "VERY VERY EXCELLENT" Trust me.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I agree with Abby... I just watched it again a little while ago *sighs with contentment* AWESOME!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

You go Abby! You're the WOMAN! :lol: I don't think there was anything I didn't like about it! :D
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Pros: IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!

Cons: wasn't as good as LOTR
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Are the LOTR really better???
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

OH YES! MUCH BETTER! I'm not saying that the Hobbit was bad, it might sound like that, but Hobbit was really awesome. I'm just saying that LOTR is much better
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

wow, they must be super awesome.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I wouldn't say that LOTR was 'better', just different. They both have a different feel, and almost a different genera... But the same... Whatever!

I like LOTR and The Hobbit....
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Okay, i see ;)