What's you favorite Saga?

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!

Favorite Saga?

Novacom
69%
Blackgaard
15%
Green Ring Conspiracy
15%

Total votes: 39

Mara
Pistachio

I couldn't possibly decide that!!!!!
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I voted for Blackgaard, but I think there's one that is missing from the poll. The Search for Eugene's Father saga. I like that one too because it's intriguing and doesn't get too far out there. Sure Novacom is entertaining, but mind control? It's not a realistic danger, or at least not one I'me concerned about. The Search for eugene's Father is both intense and realistic. Blackgaard is a classic sage being the first real saga so none really beats it but The Search for Leonard comes close.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I really like Novacom! I remember being so proud when I turned 8 and was allowed to listen to it! :D
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Jason wrote:Sure Novacom is entertaining, but mind control? It's not a realistic danger
Uh huh, "not realistic". If you've done any research on the actual brainwave study that's been going on since the early 1900's, you'd be a little more creeped when someone mentions "mind control". Mind reading technology is pretty advanced at this point, and affecting thinking patterns and moods with radio waves is pretty far along too. Mind control is a real threat, and I think the concept was really well covered by the Novacom series.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Novacom, in my opinion, was really good. However, it sounded like something they would try and make into a sci-fi movie or something. And, while I know that Blackgaard could be listed the same, it sounded so much more realistic to me than the other sagas. You could actually feel the emotion, the danger, and the drama.
Plus... Connie didn't act like a ditz... ;)

Blackgaard will always be my favorite. ;)
Ashleigh
Strawberry

Nova Com - Hands down! :D
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

I haven't been able to listen to Novacom in years, but I remember I loved it to bits. I also have always loved the Blackgaard Saga, so I think it's a tie between the two of them

That's an interesting point to think of The Search for Leonard as a saga. I never would have thought about it that way before, but I also enjoyed that storyline. Out of the three, it seems the most realistic to me.
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

I voted novacom and then I wanted 2 change my vote to blackguard but I couldn't :cry:
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

definantly novacom
LOTR IS AWESOME
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I would have to say of these three DBD. However, I like the Search for Eugene's Father more. Sure it isn't as intense as novacom, or DBD, but it contains lots of deep topics between Eugene and his father.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Blackgaard. It just has a special place in my heart because when I heard it when I was about 12, it was the most intense storyline I had ever seen/listened to, (other than maybe Star Wars) because I cared about the characters and the town and it was going through such an upheaval. And there is Eugene coming to Christ, and Blackgaard is one of the best villains of all time. And it's the original saga: its beginning is rooted in the beginning of AIO, back when Glossman wanted to buy what was the Fillmore Center.
That summer we listened to it in the car during our family's road trips, and I actually didn't want to listen to it over again (like my sister wanted to) because I didn't want to spoil it, because of how special it was.
I like Novacom, and GRC, but this is 'my' saga. Because of it, I was so excited when Novacom came out, because it was 'finally' another saga!
-Hopefully there will be another one soon. Personally, I think they are the best of AIO.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Odysseygirl101 wrote:Novacom won it for me (mostly because the GRC had Emily in it...) ;) :P ;)
Spoken like a true Emily lover! WS, take notice.

NOVACOM ROCKS! Gotta luv it!
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Emms
Vanilla

YES! NOVACOM!!! :D
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Novacom would naturally have the most commercial appeal, but I honestly believe Blackgaard is the best saga. It was the one that started it all, and it's the one with the most heart and genuine intensity. All those episodes from Album 5 are just classics. Novacom would come in 2nd, followed GRC
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Even though my screen name is Novatom, I'm not a big fan of the Novacom saga. The Blagaard saga is my favorite saga.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

GRC, it is so well put together and compact.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

My favourite is the Blackgaard Chronicles, it was a difficult to choose it over Novacom, though I think Eugene's spiritual journey did it. :clap:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark