Are you home schooled?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Are you home schooled or are you public schooled

home schooled
86%
public schooled
5%
private schooled
9%

Total votes: 86

NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

Are you home schooled?

Or are you public schooled? I know that most of the people from TCF (The Ceiling Fan Podcast, check it out a http://www.ceilingfanpodcast.com/ask.htm#idc-cover, dare you to guess who I am) are home schooled, if you are just vote Home Schooled.
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I am So Proud to be Home Schooled that is my ONLY problem there is NO Happy Home Schooler (except Bethany Shepard she's 5 or 6 and they are No longer around!) Come on Odyssey we need a HomeSchooling) :D
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

HannahJ. wrote:I am So Proud to be Home Schooled that is my ONLY problem there is NO Happy Home Schooler (except Bethany Shepard she's 5 or 6 and they are No longer around!) Come on Odyssey we need a HomeSchooling) :D
They had an episode about the life of a homeschooler, but it was banned because of the poor image it gave homeschoolers.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I Know "You Go To School Where" but it WAS Banned and it was a Poor Life not a Well Educated Happy Home Schooler! ;)
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I've been homeschooled all my life, until around 4th-5th grade I did private school two days a week. After 5th grade I went back to just homeschooling. This is my only link to the outside world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :) :| :geek:
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

C-guy wrote:I've been homeschooled all my life, until around 4th-5th grade I did private school two days a week. After 5th grade I went back to just homeschooling. This is my only link to the outside world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :) :| :geek:
Wow... that is sad.
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

C-guy wrote:I've been homeschooled all my life, until around 4th-5th grade I did private school two days a week. After 5th grade I went back to just homeschooling. This is my only link to the outside world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :) :| :geek:
Your in seventh grade, right?
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Your in seventh grade, right?
Yep, that's what it says in my public profile.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I thought that You go to School Where would portray homeschoolers a lot worse from all the negative comments about it. Really, I didn't find it insulting when I kept it in perspective. Sure, it didn't portray us closely or well, but the writers tried their best with the information they had. I think they should have done a little more research and interviewing, and they could have had a better result. As for the Shepards, the writers purposely give very little information on their day to day life. I assume that that was to prevent people from being offended, but in reality, it simply made it appear like the writers were intentionally avoiding it, which is rather humorous after they went to so much trouble to bring the Shepards in to the show. When Aubrey began attending public school, it seemed rather on the forged and forced side to me. Although I am not Mr. Shepard or Mrs. Shepard, it appears like they made the decision lightly, without conversation with their daughter to learn the details of WHY she wanted to attend public school. The writers could have made the episode more realistic by having Erica encourage Aubrey to do something else besides join public school so she could skip it, perhaps smoke, or lie.

Anyway, I believe that homeschooling can be more efficient, but then we must deal with other things that cannot be attained with a larger class size, public speaking being one of them. However, I thought it would be good to mention a good friend of mine. She took all possible advantage of her public school system, and is getting an excellent education (I have her beaten in math and science, though). She is a diligent worker, and is very organized and eager to learn. As a result, she will have a great start in the world. All in all, I would say that the main way to get a good education begins with YOU and ME, and not the system, although there are certain advantages to either side.

One more thing. I do not, by any means, wish to offend or damage anyone's internal or external emotions, but there is one thing that I have heard a few times which really disturbs me. When I mention to people that I am homeschooled (mostly to the "Where do you go to school" question), I have heard the response "Oh. Well that's lucky."

Excuse me? We have given up most of our social lives, we work at our subjects just as hard as anyone else, and have to live in close quarters to the rest of our family roughly 22 hours a day, seven days a week, four weeks a month, twelve months a year, ten years a decade...you get the picture. It's not lucky, do you have any idea how hard we work, how long we labor, to keep not only our school going, but our relationships, both with God and each other, going? We may get more sleep, and have more time, but it is most certainly not "lucky". You have no idea what I would pay to have a quiet workplace free of interruptions, or just five minutes away from my siblings. You see, homeschooling is not the easy way out, it is a commitment, the influences of which stretch throughout a life time. Homeschooling deals not only with school, but also in relationships. There's no free lunch, everyone has to work, and there are always upsides and downsides to a choice. For example, I have more free time because of homeschooling. On the downside, much of that is spent watching little brothers, or praying to God for strength to help me from blowing my top, (or something worse).

In conclusion, I think that AiO should not give up on homeschooled characters, rather, they should put more effort into portraying them correctly. I think that you can get a good education out of any system, just so long that you start with yourself. And if you meet a homeschooler, please, never, ever, use the word lucky! Thank you.

T.S. (myself)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

wow... :shock:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Uh-oh. Is that a wow, that sums up my feelings too, or a wow, I am offended and don't know what to say? I hope I won't upset anyone.

T.S. (myself)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:Uh-oh. Is that a wow, that sums up my feelings too, or a wow, I am offended and don't know what to say? I hope I won't upset anyone.

T.S. (myself)
I just meen I can't read all that cause it's so long! LOL! You didn't offend me. :)
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Oh, good. I have a tendancy to do that. I think I could easily have the longest posts on average. I could be a member of the "longest comments commentor club" ;)
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I'm home schooled. And I hate IT!!!!!!!!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

No offence to any public school people, but I was in public school for 2-3 years and then my mom started homeschooling me and I'd say it is much better than public school (public school people, please don't take offence) You get to work at your own pace in homeschooling. You can take recess pretty much any time you want (and you'll still get your school done). And yes, you do get to do school in your pajamas.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

To Fodo: really? But, then again, having a social life would be nice. I wonder what it looks like out there...

Wooton: I agree. I was in public school up until the first grade, and my school "misplaced" around 60 million dollars. Half of the teachers were laid off, and my class had 36 kids in a space smaller than your closet. Plus, there was a cranky lunch lady who gave me nightmares.

T.S. (myself)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:Oh, good. I have a tendancy to do that. I think I could easily have the longest posts on average. I could be a member of the "longest comments commentor club" ;)
Your welcome to join the Fantastic Four!
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

If it's Ok with the others! Which I bet it will be!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

HannahJ. wrote:If it's Ok with the others! Which I bet it will be!

not that I have anything against T.S. Myself, but it my opinion that you should have 300 posts. But thats just my opinion. You guys can make up your own minds. By the way, if he does join, our new name could be...uummmm...the freaky five. No just joking. The fantastic 5 is good.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's alright, I will be gone for a week, so you will get way ahead of me. I have also probably been spending too much time doing this. Keep in mind that there are people more qualified than me to be in the Fantastic Four (but then it would be the Fantastic five, or the Serious Six)! Oh, and my 'club' was a bit of a joke, not trying to make it seem that I feel left out or anything.