The Rapture..

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Rapture..

So this topic we could discuss the Rapture? U can say your views and debate it if u like.

I personally and my faith believe that there will be a rapture.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

I personally and my faith believe that there will not be a rapture. ;)

Would you care to give Scriptural support for your claim?
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Christian A. wrote:I personally and my faith believe that there will not be a rapture. ;)

Would you care to give Scriptural support for your claim?
sure.. but first u know about the tribulation why would the Christians be in it? How are we going to be taken away from earth? If that made sense :)

Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.” (Matthew 24:36-41)

“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.” Revelation 3:10

“Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36

4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

I don't believe that there's any evidence that Christians will get to skip out on the Tribulation. Jesus talked many times about the various trials and great tribulations that Christians will have to go through. He never implied that we would get to bypass it because He was going to take us away. However, that Revelation 3 passage is an interesting one that I have not studied before. I'm going to have to look into that.

I find it interesting that you use 1 Thessalonians 4 as support for the idea of a secret Rapture that will take only Christians. How do you expect it to be secret and unknown if there's "a shout" "the voice of the archangel" and "the trump of God" involved. I don't think that's going to go unnoticed.

If there's going to be a "rapture," I think it's going to be at the end of time when Jesus comes back to judge the world. There's no implication in Scripture that Jesus will come back twice. It's always said that Jesus will come again in triumph to crush His enemies and to take His saints with Him to heaven. There's no "third coming" and a gap in between two future comings. Jesus will come one more time. At that time, He will raise the bodies of dead saints, raise the bodies and souls of living saints, judge the whole world for their sins, and cast the wicked into the lake of fire. There's no intermediate time implied in the Bible.

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I agree with you Christian, to some extent. I think the Christians will probably have to endure the tribulations of the end times, but will be raptured before God pours out his wrath. It doesn't really make sense that God would let his rage burn against the Christians AND none-christians- "rain on the good and bad alike".

I haven't actually done a lot of studying on the topic though, since I didn't ever really see it as something relevantly applicable to my daily life. I mean, sure all that stuff is coming, but worrying about it now isn't going to change it at all.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

I do think there will be great trials,including persecution and such, the disciples already experienced that.
This is what will happen as well : 2 Peter 3:10-13
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Bat Girl wrote:I do think there will be great trials,including persecution and such, the disciples already experienced that.
This is what will happen as well : 2 Peter 3:10-13
In revelations it's says there will be tribulation

-- Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:07 pm --
Christian A. wrote:I don't believe that there's any evidence that Christians will get to skip out on the Tribulation. Jesus talked many times about the various trials and great tribulations that Christians will have to go through. He never implied that we would get to bypass it because He was going to take us away. However, that Revelation 3 passage is an interesting one that I have not studied before. I'm going to have to look into that.

I find it interesting that you use 1 Thessalonians 4 as support for the idea of a secret Rapture that will take only Christians. How do you expect it to be secret and unknown if there's "a shout" "the voice of the archangel" and "the trump of God" involved. I don't think that's going to go unnoticed.

If there's going to be a "rapture," I think it's going to be at the end of time when Jesus comes back to judge the world. There's no implication in Scripture that Jesus will come back twice. It's always said that Jesus will come again in triumph to crush His enemies and to take His saints with Him to heaven. There's no "third coming" and a gap in between two future comings. Jesus will come one more time. At that time, He will raise the bodies of dead saints, raise the bodies and souls of living saints, judge the whole world for their sins, and cast the wicked into the lake of fire. There's no intermediate time implied in the Bible.
Wait so u believe that Christinans wil have to endure tribulation?? As with Aaron ill have to read revelations again and actually study it too:)
jennakyler321
Cookies & Creme

There WILL be a tribulation
Jen
Gods love is like a warm cup of coffee you can't get enough
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

guys how can you not belive there is the rapture ?Jesus said he would come back for all those who belive in Him and they will not have to be here on earth when all that stuff happens
LOTR IS AWESOME
arwen
Caramel Crunch

I think I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

To quote Shai Linne,
And yes, there’s a rapture- still, this is clear
The rapture doesn’t mean Christians will disappear
It means they’ll be caught up, changed in a moment
The blessing of all who’ve been saved through atonement
His coming won’t be secret though and this is a fact
When Jesus comes back, it’s a wrap!
That sums up my beliefs on the rapture.
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Yes, Noah, Shai Linne ftw! :D

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

My grandfather and I have talked about this... He thinks that a man from the 19th Century put a few verses in the wrong context and come up with the idea of a Rapture. And I agree with him. There's nothing in the Bible that explicitly declares there will be a Rapture, and so we shouldn't believe just because of those bizarre Left Behind books.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Finally! Someone else who agrees! :D

Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

I don't get your purpose in posting this... A couple of your links say that the Rapture comes before the tribulation and a couple say it comes after. What are you trying to accomplish? :P

Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Christian A. wrote:I don't get your purpose in posting this... A couple of your links say that the Rapture comes before the tribulation and a couple say it comes after. What are you trying to accomplish? :P
Giving both sides something to argue about while I stay in the background unsure of what to think. Life is more fun if you troll some.

...Plus, I just wanted to see who would be the first to question. Really, I'm not sure of what to think. It would make sense for it to be after, but then again, I've also read some strong reasons for a before too. Soooo. >_>
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Okay. Yeah, I see where you're coming from. All that stuff about Jesus taking His followers before the judgment of the wicked I think can be explained this way: There will be a rapture, but it will be directly before the Final Judgment. Christ's people will go to be with Him, while He executes judgment on the wicked here on earth. Not after seven years of heightened tribulation, but right then and there. So Christians will escape the Final Judgment--I think everyone agrees on that--but we will still be here during the times of tribulation. Jesus promises tribulation, so I don't get why people say we'll get out of it.

Plus, there are passages describe the rapture as a known event. There will be a loud cry, the blow of a trumpet, the voice of an archangel. Everyone will know it's happening; it won't be a secret. ;) And then those left behind will get what's been coming to them. Everything points to the Second Coming of Christ. There won't be a Third Coming; when He comes back--as Shai Linne so masterfully put it--"It's a wrap!"

gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

How do we know when the tribulation has started?

I know there is verses in the Bible about signs of it starting but I've always heard it as when the rapture happens thats when the tribulation starts. Do you think when the anti-Christ comes thats when tribulation of 7 years starts if there was/is no rapture?
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

I don't think there's much evidence at all for a seven-year period of heightened tribulation. I think Christians are undergoing tribulation now. We don't experience much at all in America, so we wouldn't understand, but think about all of the severely persecuted Christians in China, Korea, and Muslim countries. Do you think they have yet to enter tribulation?