Revealing Personal information-only if you feel safe!

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Revealing Personal information-only if you feel safe!

Guys, this is the internet. It isn't safe. Period.

Now, everyone on here says that they are fans of Adventures in Odyssey, and most of you say that you are tweens and teens. And I'm not saying that I think any of you are lying.

However, you should approach putting up pictures of yourself, revealing your age, town, and birthday with caution. The grim reality is that once you post something on the internet, you have no control over it. None. People can use the information to steal your identity, among other things! If you want to put up a picture of yourself, feel free to do so! We aren't stopping you. But, for those of you that feel that it isn't safe, please don't. And, those of you who feel that it is fine, please don't ask other people to post pictures of themselves.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Finally, someone else with some sense!
~ Walker in Dreams
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Finally, someone else with some sense!
I didn't know you had some sense Arkán. ;)
What details does Suzy have?
By the way, that is some good piece of advice God's girl.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thank you, God's girl. I am comfortable with people knowing that I live in America, am 15, and have a spring birthday. I even threw in initials because I couldn't come up with something more creative. I won't post a picture or give out anything more than cryptic hints to the area I live in. I suppose it partially depends on the person, and the website they are giving information on. I trust everyone here, and if anyone wanted to find out anything else about me they would have a whole lot of work involved. ;)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I make video and put them on youtube so people already know what I look like. I have a podcast so people know my first name and my fake last name. And I don't worry about giving out my birthday. But one thing everyone should not do is tell people where they live, their email, or anything of that nature!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Dang it, so I probably should mention that I live on Mars then... right?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Aaron, now you will have every creep in the world standing outside your door tomorrow morning!!! That was not a good idea!
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:Aaron, now you will have every creep in the world standing outside your door tomorrow morning!!! That was not a good idea!
Be careful, Garrett, Beware!
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

oh no garret!! run from all the creeps!!
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Finally! I appreciate this, as some users seem to be getting a bit careless about the personal info they post... :? I don't believe I've posted where I live, and I do hope other people don't either.

Garret, what sector of Mars are you from? I'm from Sector R263. It's soooooo much better than 262. :D:
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I agree with you GG. And I also thank you. It's good to be reminded that there are creeps out there! I think I might have been getting a little lax my own self :?... So thanks :D!
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

well i know u guys aren't hackers or creeps, well ben and PF might be *glares PF and ben* haha jus kidding :D
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

MaryBeth_13 wrote:well i know u guys aren't hackers or creeps, well ben and PF might be *glares PF and ben* haha jus kidding :D
hahaahahahahah so true!!!! :D ben..... you know your'e a stalker :D
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Oooohohohohohohoho! You know it! :cool: *

* (That was sarcasm, people.)
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

yeah yu are very creepy ben................
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Oh he's okay I think.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

Ben? ok? that's what he wants u to think,
MustacheGirl
Vanilla

Now I have to watch my tongue. (I talki way too much and I might give away information)
"Never Give Up!" ~ Tohru Honda
"It's not what I am underneath, but what I do defines me" ~Batman (Batman Begins)

MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

ben could be like an agent or a spy! *gasps*
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Thank you for the message. I try to be safe online...years ago I started talking to people I didn't know, and I reaped some bad consequences. I had fb, youtube, you name it. Anyways, thanks for the reminder. It's a serious thing...
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!