My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Do you watch?

YES! It's the best show EVER!
19%
I enjoy it, along with many other "kids shows".
24%
Meh, it's ok I guess. I don't hate people who do watch it at least.
21%
The show is dumb. Why would you watch that?
23%
WORST SHOW EVER. DEATH TO ALL BRONIES!
13%

Total votes: 62

Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I figure as there has been a lot of conversation about this on the chat, there should be a real topic dedicated to the issue.

My Little Pony. It's a pretty neat kids show that quite a few of us here like to watch sometimes. Funilly enough, there are many people here who think watching it is "lame" or "childish", when this is already a fan site dedicated to another children's show. How is watching My Little Pony any different than listening to Odyssey, or any other kids show?

So I ask you all, do you like the show? Explain why or why not. What other kids shows do you like?

I personally like the show because of it's ability to be totally innocent, yet still incredibly funny. There aren't a lot of shows on the tv box these days that aren't filled up with tons of inappropriate junk amidst their funniness. It's not to be able to flip on a show and be confident that the writing will be good, the acting superb, and the content totally clean.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

haha i use to love that show! i like watching Phineas and Ferb with this 2 year old i babysit to. Oh and that what's in the bible show is pretty funny and i watch that with my nephew and niece when they visit.
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

yeah, Phinius and Ferb is awesome. Some little kids shows are ok to watch. I sometimes watch a curious george or franklin episode with my little bro.....but My Little Pony.......I never really liked that show. Let's just put it this way. Batman is better than My Little Pony. so why not watch batman instead

MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

NOAH! STOP IT WITH THAT HORRID PIC!!!!!!!!
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Phineas and Ferb rocks! A while ago, one of my friends told me about it and got me totally hooked. I watched all through the first and second seasons in a matter of days.

What's in the Bible is fantastic as well. I love everything Phil Vischer does.

lol at Noah's pic. That's hilarious.
I don't really care for many super hero shows, I like the movies better. I don't feel like most of them are very well written either, but maybe I just haven't given them enough of a chance.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Aaron Wiley wrote:Phineas and Ferb rocks! A while ago, one of my friends told me about it and got me totally hooked. I watched all through the first and second seasons in a matter of days.
yeah, I saw Phineas and Ferb about a year ago and I got hooked too. I've only seen around 10 episodes so far, but each one was awesome
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

THIS IS THE BEST GIF I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
I hate MLP. And yes I've given it a chance. It's totally annoying.
And I don't watch many cartoons.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I do like this show, it has clean humor, and it is so well made.

As far as the fact that it is "childish" to some people, I really don't care. I've learned a long time ago that people are going to find some of what I do silly and little-kiddish, but I hope that I always have a little bit of a childish nature in me. If you want to find fault in me watching My Little Pony and enjoying it, I don't care.

I also watch and enjoy many Disney movies (over and over), What's in the Bible, Veggie Tales, McGee and me, 3-2-1 penguins, Strawberry Shortcake (Yes! mostly when I am bored though) and even Barbie movies!

I also play with American Girl dolls, except I prefer to look at it as collecting.

Oh, and Wooton, your pic is quite disgusting.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I'm sure it is well made, but I just think it......well....I don't know......dumb (no offence). That's just my opinion. But I don't really see the point. But I do enjoy veggie tales
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

Nelson S. wrote:
THIS IS THE BEST GIF I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
I hate MLP. And yes I've given it a chance. It's totally annoying.
And I don't watch many cartoons.
BEN!!!!!!!!! alright that's it! *kicks ben to Madagascar*
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I have friends who like My Little Pony, and they tried to get me to like it, but I just couldn't appreciate it. It's not that I have a problem with other people liking it, I just don't care for it for myself. I also don't have little sib's that are the age to watch cartoons (the youngest in our family is 14).
@ Aaron: I thought that was a very good point about MLP vs. AIO. I think I can appreciate AIO more because it covers more serious issues. I feel I can relate to it more than I could ponies.
But, this is also coming from someone who has only watched a few MLP's. Maybe I would like it if I gave it more of a chance... maybe, but probably not.

(Wooton, your pic is funny, but wrong! lol)
Kaida
Fudge Marble

I've only seen a few episodes of MLP.. It's not that bad..
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Rosy
Cookie Dough

@Nelson and Wooton:
If you guys don't stop complaining about MLP, I'm gonna call the exterminator :P ! Just kidding...... sort of.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The only MLP video I've ever seen was one froma family whose girls has grown up. My little brother really liked it, and watched it over and over. Aren't all the inhabitants of the pony town girls?

How's it in Madagascar, Ben?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

haha i sent him there so he could see king Juline
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:Aren't all the inhabitants of the pony town girls?
Nope, in the new show, there are little fillys and colts, grown-up mares and stallions, and older horses too!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

The male to female ratio is overwhelming though...
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I have to say I will never like MLP Ever.....period, but I do LOVE cartoons. Like I said before my favs are Avatar the Last Airbender (Which isn't really a little kid show) and Gravity Fall is really awesome, Also Ben that Gif......WAS THE BEST GIF EVER ....WOOOHOOOOO DOWN WITH MY LITTLE PONY :twisted: :twisted:
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

fodo14 wrote:I have to say I will never like MLP Ever.....period, but I do LOVE cartoons. Like I said before my favs are Avatar the Last Airbender (Which isn't really a little kid show) and Gravity Fall is really awesome, Also Ben that Gif......WAS THE BEST GIF EVER ....WOOOHOOOOO DOWN WITH MY LITTLE PONY :twisted: :twisted:
Um......I was the one who posted the gif
Rosy
Cookie Dough

fodo14 wrote:I have to say I will never like MLP Ever.....period, but I do LOVE cartoons. Like I said before my favs are Avatar the Last Airbender (Which isn't really a little kid show) and Gravity Fall is really awesome, Also Ben that Gif......WAS THE BEST GIF EVER ....WOOOHOOOOO DOWN WITH MY LITTLE PONY :twisted: :twisted:
Okay. :roll: You do that because: (To put in it the form of a song, just like Pinkie Pie would)
My Little Pony's not cool,
I don't care,
How much you hate Pinkie Pie's hair,
My Little Pony's not cool,
that's ok,
my God loves me, anyway!
That is a real song, if you're wondering, just not the My Little Pony part. But I still think it applies. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.